The difference between McHollywood and McDonalds: McHollywood is big on recycling. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life, Already Planned? - Page 4

User Thread
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
...I lean towards the idea that life is planned.

That was probably an understatement....knowing what I know now it is as obvious as 2+2=4. The future exists, in some way, shape or form. It enters our lives all the time and most of us choose to ignore it.
The story I told above is only a piece of what I know. let me show you something else quite interesting.

http://www.keelynet.com/davidson/npap1.htm

The link seems to be having problems ( probably something I did ) but if you go to Keelynet.com, browse through there, you'll get the picture.
Actually try to copy and paste the link to ur address bar.

[  Edited by otb at   ]
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
does anyone have a similar story?

37yrs • F •
yinluan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hey.. hello..

referring to:
"i think the sub holds true power over our actions. take falling in love for example. often times we fall in love, not even realizing its happening. also, many times people fall in love even tho they conciesouly know that everything about the person they fall for is wrong for them. also sometimes when we get hungry we have strange urges to eat a particular thing. we are aware that we are hungry but have no idea why we want what we want. as far as the spiritual side goes, some people are compelled toward religeon, some are compelled to go against it. if you ask why a person feels one way or another about it, most if not all of the time they cant give a solid answer."

Mm.. think that becoz there's a God-shaped vaccum in each of us.. that creates the thing.. that sometimes u feel u wanna eat certain food.. but when u got to eat u dun wan to eat it.. there's still this emptiness in ur heart..

For me i believed that Life is planned by God.. if not why there's deja vu? I don't think it is becoz of past life.. if it is becoz of past life, why issit that u experience the exact location of the place.. It is of course planned that you will be there at the certain time that has been planned. well, sometimes is only till u believe and obey.. it will show..

hey if u all free just take a look at my blog ok? http://silentyin.blogspot.com/

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
determinism differs from pre-destination...

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
determinism differs from pre-destination...

Define, please?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
determinism-everything is pre-determined

pre-destination - things are orchestrated around free will... pre-determined but not so definite?

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yinlaun, I don't think deja vu's that mysterious. Cuz whenever it happens to me, I remember that something almost the same happened to me in this life.
ok, so the argument that if God knows everything including the future, then we can't have free will, is not very logical. lets just take this outta de equation, cuz we ave a very limited perception of life, we don't know Gods perception etc

ok, enough about whaether life's pre determined or not,if u think therz no free will, then how is it pre determined?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't read all this thread in a bit but coming from the last couple....

God's perception of the future isn't the issue, God's control over everything is. And how it is pre determined would be by someone like god with the power to do so, pre-determining it. How, ask God.

I don't know how much you guys have been taking into account the factors of influence of outside forces and circumstances, but this is part of your how.

Everything affects everything. From what you are taught and exposed to at birth, to a random disaster, to the subtle influences of words and even gravity, radiation from the sun, the pull of the moon and planets. All these factors, which many would attribute to a plan by God or some such thing, guide us along through our lives.

This is information that has been known for 10,000 years plus, that we have lost track of over time due to things like plagues, disasters, and the most retarded, censorship (spanish inquisition, nazi book burning etc.) where we lose knowledge accumulated from prior generations. But there are still those who have this knowledge and tend to abuse it.

The cycles of the sun and our solar system were well known. And these ancient and "primitive" people understood the power and influence of these cycles, and this power is still being manipulated today, whether you know it or not.

When the sun especially goes through its cycles, its radiation emissions strengthen and weaken, this effects everything on the planet and solar system. To the point of making us squirly and possibly violent, like how odd things can get or seem on full moons, animals howling etc.

Since we are so ignorant to these things we tend to say, oh this person is choosing to feel or act out in this manner.

One reason we stay ignorant to it is because all these factors that affect everyone, effect everyone differently at different times, its like how some are are allergic to alcohol and act far different. And since this snowball effect from infinite factors is indeed infinite, we cannot begin to comprehend them, let alone really notice past blamining the individuals.

Just like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). When soldiers come home and kill their wives like always happens with returning vets in numbers that would amaze you, they react to things differently, not because they want to either.

I can personally attest to some of the affects of PTSD because I have it from childhood abuses. Its no fun and makes you (re)act like quite the ass at times.

Reaction, which is probably the other most important point when talking of free will. When I spoke of influence and such, we then react to this influence and circumstance.

What some call the illusion of choice can be looked at as just multiple reactions and which one and in which direction ends up taking precedence.

See, when you are trying to think ahead, you are actually still just reacting to the past (its the only reason you even have any idea what the future may hold). And though you may be "choosing" a direction, its actually an attempt to pre-react to, or in anticipation of all those forces and factors that that forcibly guide and control us. Of which we are only aware of a handful.

A choice between reactions is still an action forced.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
Yes, outside influences may effect our decisions, but that doesn't mean life is pre-determined

36yrs • M •
MikeMeezy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[b][i]Whats crackin, i havent read this whole disscusion, only the first 2 pages or so, but i wanted to comment on what kariik was saying on alreayd planned life, i think that our life is not already planned from when were born but the process of going from infant to adult, shapes what your life is going to be lived like, by ow you are being raised, stories, ideas that are put into your head ect.... but i think few people are able to notice this, and figure out that life is alreayd known by themselves, b/c inside, they haev already lived there own life, which i think why dejavu happens, b/c i think inside your true self you already have a fully complete picture of what is goign to happen the rest of ur life, and soemitmes escaping the trance you are put in as a human being to not notice this picture, you expiernece dejavu, and those few smart ones i belive to notice this picture and trance they are put into as an infant, they notice that life is not worth living it again when you already know what happens, and they can break this trance once the relize this and then persue a new life, wich they find new and exciting.
And i think that we are all extremly lucky, b/c we were put here on earth as a chance to see if one of the billions of us on earth is mentally smart enough to break this trance of life, that is already planned for us, and become smarter, and be put on a whole different level than everyone else, and be able to achieve total happyness.

Please reply to what you think about my thoguhts, im not totaly sure on wtf im even thinking, and i find different point of views the best sorce of power in life, and i like critisisum, so reply.

"think about the way you think, then think about the way ur thinking about your own thinking....."
 35yrs • M •
sigh, just read through the other posts, everything u said has been discussed

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
meezy, strait to the point and an interesting one, thank you for restating it. I missed it so glad you stated your opinion.
I see that perhaps we having these types of experiences tend to become so resolved on trying to change them that we failed to accept them as a learning experience?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
Yeah, as we grow old, we take life for granted and refuse to notice anything new even if we come across it. we should try to look at the world through a childs eyes sometimes, where every moment is an adventure

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Shit, I'd be happy if people would notice the old, the dangers that have faced us for years and are currently re-establishing themselves to a frightening degree as we speak.

Because there are two types of plans in a pre-planned or destined situation, nature or god's plan, and that of man, especially ruthless and power hungry men.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
so the tsumani resulted from a clash of the tectonic plates right. The tsumani probably happened at that particular time and place because of a variety of infulences, even as small as a butterfly fluttering it's wings. Now, if we were to know [/b][/i]exactly[b] what was happening in the present, then we wud be able to predict the future. But according to the uncertainty principle, the more u try to identify something, the more vague it becomes. For example, the closer light is shown on a particle to look at it more closely, the further it will drif away because of the light's rays. so if we can never even know the present , how can we know the future. However, this is how God could determine the future, as he wud be fully aware of the present.

U know, i m starting to believe that life
is pre determibned. As I mentioned in a previous thread:http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=31426-u-frmid=12O
that we do not know what uses the free will. If I 'decide' to pick up that cup of coffee, that means, that my brain particles will interact in a certian way, which will cause me to decide. [i]but what cause them to interact and start to move in the first place?!?
so thus there is a good deal of chance that our actions may well be pre determined. And as Meezy said, once we become aware of what is happening, then we can live by our own. Spirituality says that all thoughts come from the 'source', the unmanifestated, the soul.once we can answer the question who am I, what is it that see's, hears and smells, then we can break away from the cyle of pre determinisation

Life, Already Planned? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy