It does not take a real man to cry. It takes a real man to not care what other people think about him crying. - Oblivion
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Short Men - Page 3

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
capablanca - if that's the way you are, then learn to deal with it. if you get offended people will continue makin fun of you. but if you tell yourself that you shouldn't give a damn and there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, then you might be able to take those jokes as JOKES and laugh with the people

and when someone says something like " you're pretty built for a short guy" you go " was that supposed to be a complement ?" and smile ... see how they'll try to excuse their way out of it

@ DumbTeen

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 44yrs • M •
capablanca is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
why is it ok to make fun of height but not ok to make fun of race? these are both traits built in.

"none"
 37yrs • F •
what are you talking about of course it's ok to make fun or face

do you watch chapelles ?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the only people who get offended about people making comments about things(not necessarily insults, just comments) are the ones who were overly sensitive about those things to begin with.
insults too, to a certain extent. i mean, if you're comfortable with who you are, why let something stupid like a person making fun of you because of your race or height bother you? not that it's right, but its clear that there are a lot of people in the country who are insecure with themselves.
there are a lot worse and more relevent things to be insulted about.

"You are reading this."
 44yrs • M •
capablanca is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
sure. "don't let it bother you." blah blah blah
"chappelle show"
yes, blacks make fun of blacks on a show that pays the head fellow, mr chappelle, millions of dollars to make fun of everyone. BUT

in class, people cross their arms, start fights, and really tear into those making racial jokes. but if someone makes fun of short....NOBODY SAYS A DAMN THING.

also, "get over it, don't let it bother you."

YES BUT THAT IS NOT GOING TO GET ME LAID....WOMEN DO NOT LIKE SHORT MEN.

in a society dominated by melee combat, tall men should be more adept at carrying on the genes. this is FUCKING AMERICA. attractiveness of a money providing man should be his IQ

"none"
 37yrs • F •
first off
there is a difference between putting people down and joking about something ... joke is something that is FUNNY or atleast is meant to be funny . yeah, sometimes they don't come out right and that's when you go " sorry man i didn't mean it like that i was only joking " and the whole thing settles ..... but if you're really trying to put someone down b/c of their hight or race then GET A FREAKEN LIFE !

and second .. well some women do like short men and if you ain't getting laid maybe you should blame your hight for it ......

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*blames my height* yea im not a loser.... just short.... yea thats it....

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My views: (without actually reading all the posts reguarding this topic)

I know many short guys. (Well I am 5'10" so lets say I know ALOT of short guyz) I also see and hear people commenting on their shortness. Sadly, but quite reciently I heard a guy singing the oom pa song from willy wonka in front of a "quite" short guy. He heard. Yet diddn't seem all so offended. (Though how could his feelings not be hurt) People are mean, people are cruel. I hear more short people comments/insults then I hear overweight comments/insults. People hear. Short people included.

My views from a tall person:
You see, (babbling here... ) being as tall as I am I feel some type of power. I am taller than you. When we speak I look down to you as you look UP to me. I don't feel any better than you at all......I just.... hmmmmmmm. SHIT!!! (HTF can I explain this) My boyfriend is big... big as tall, big as chubby. MUCH bigger than me. I feel soooo safe with him. Not that he is a bad ass or anything... but because people will not mess with me while he is in my presence. I feel safe. I feel secure. He is tall.

I've been with short guys......... They HAVE to be all mouth when it comes to me. People take advantage of them. I've heard ALL of the comments in the world practically. They have to learn how to speak to stick up for themselves. You learn how to speak you get what you want. THERFORE..... you get higher positions. Hmmmmm. I'm not making sence.

Does anyone get what I am saying?? Or do I totally sound like a stereotypical freak??

Either way..... I shall shut up and go see my lover.

Peace to all, and have a wonderful night.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 40yrs • M •
short people do learn rather quickly which fights to avoid (because they know they wont win) and also learn how to manipulate others through their words in order to get what they want. i think thats what Evilia is talking about...

54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Exactally Wyote.

I can't get my point acrossed in less than 1000 words...and even then sometimes the circles I speak in can get someone very confused.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 44yrs • M •
bla bla bla...Do you know how it feels to get smiles from girls across the room, only to be ignored once you stand up?
I would gladly trade 30 points of my MENSA level IQ for just 3 inches of height.

"none"
 37yrs • F •
3 inches ..... 3 inches is NOTHING
get over yourself and just try to IMAGINE what's it's like to be a miget ...
seriously try not to worry about your height ... it's something that was given to and you can't really change it. and those girls are not worth it if 3 inches really matter to them. and if your friends joke around like that, just tell them that it really hurts you i'm sure they'll understand

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
3 inches more is quite a LOT IMO.. I'm sure you can fe.. oh wait you mean height NM.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
i think this whole thread exsists because people are so damned self conscience. people say they are accepting of all types of persons, but in reality each individual has their own set of standards which no other person can talk them out of... this is the case more and more as one grows older.

i like meeting people that rub me the wrong way, it gives me an opportunity to look inside myself for my own flaws because they say that when you find people like that, you see the things in them that you do not like about yourself. i have yet to find a person that i cannot deal with or "overcome" my disliking to. i feel like i am the only person alive that even bothers at attempting this kind of thing.

--end rant--

51yrs • M •
srsr is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am new, this is my two cents. If you are short, you are considered to be weak. You are then treated as weak and when you assert yourself to prove strength, you are labled as having "Short Man Syndrome".
Some short men go too far in trying to prove something but many others are just trying to prove they have some worth to begin with. People make assumptions about you and then become uncomfortable when challenged.
By the way, I read that Hitler was 5' 10''. That was not that short for his time.
I think I can accept being short, (I am 5' 4''. I just wish other people could accept it. A lot of people are cool about it but some people don't seem to have significance due to anything they do and being taller than a short guy is all they seem to have.

Short Men - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy