The evolution of sense is, in a sense, the evolution of nonsense. - Vladimir Nabokov
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Short Men - Page 2

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They always drive the biggest trucks too.

Extended cab with the duelies and the BIG turbo Diesels.

LOL

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My lady noted something Similar- that is that men attempt to compensate for physical 'short'comings by getting a very large truck it's like some sort of overstatement of their 'manhood' I think there is some truth there...

Two of my friends are around 30 and have never been on a date and they have these huge trucks- and of course they always bitch about gas prices too-

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why dont you guys lay off her about this stereotyping thing--i dont think shes stereotyping anyone, shes just stating an observation.
usually people who grow up short feel inferior physically to others. not ALL short people, but a good deal of them. they grow up with an inferiority complex that they don't know about necessarily, because its kind of an unconscious thing. a lot of people have inferiority complexes, and they all have a source--maybe its because they were short, maybe its because they grew up with high-pitched voices, maybe its because their parents told them they were worthless their whole lives.
generally, people with these conditions are more susceptible to inferiority complexes. its not a stereotype, its a fact. so stop trying to be so damn politically correct and deal with it. geez.

"You are reading this."
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*Daisygirl pats Windupnostrels donkeys nose*
"There there its ok sweety, Im a short person too plus I had a real bad case of bad self-esteem when I was young"
Eh, thats life right?
*Pats Windupnostrels Donkeys ears*
I LOVE DONKEYS THEYRE SOOOOOoooOOo CUTE!

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" they grow up with an inferiority complex that they don't know about necessarily, because its kind of an unconscious thing"
As a short person I ask : how the hell would you know?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 41yrs • M •
did i make it sound like i was generalizing anything?
im sorry man, i claim ignorance. i know nothing. hell, inferiority complexes probably dont even exist, and if they do, people without any reason to have them probably have them just as often statistically as people who do have good reason. . . btw, i was being sarcastic.
im not saying YOU have an inferiority complex, dumbteen, so lets not get all emotional here--im not being prejudice toward short people either. you may want to be politically correct, but nature may not give a damn. IF inferiority complexes DO exist, then short people are more likely to develop them because well, growing up, OFTEN, not always, but OFTEN, they are picked on in grade school and made to feel physically inferior to the other kids. they may grow up and try to overcompensate for this feeling of inferiority by acting overly superior to others(like hitler). im not blaming hitler's problems on him being short, but his father did treat him like he was worthless his whole life as well. if anybody feels like im being prejudice to short people, im sorry, but im just stating common psychological statistics--whether or not they're facts, well, what the hell is a fact anyway?

"You are reading this."
 37yrs • M •
Righto, good good, no need to be PC.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DumbTeen you didn't look that short

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 41yrs • M •
sorry that last post didn't really look as good as i had hoped--i typed it up real quick like, cause i was gonna be late for work.

basically, im for equality--short people, tall people, black, white, gay, ugly, attractive, men, women, stupid, smart, migits and giants are all born equal as far as worth goes. no one is better than anyone else or should be treated differently than anyone else. i think some of you are mistaking prejudice(people giving other people a hard time because of things they cant help) and natural challenges in life(nature giving people a hard time because of things they cant help). it would be ignorance to assume that everyone is going to be born with equal challenges in life. for some, being born short is a challenge. i think it has more to do with the person's outlook, though, then the shortness itself. if a person feels like they're not good enough because they're short, then they're probably going to try harder at life to get what they want, sometimes to the excess, without really realizing it--this is an inferiority complex. basically anyone who feels that they have a flaw and are ashamed of it is susceptible to trying to compensate for it somehow. i really don't know what political correctness entails in its entirity, nor what it should entail, but i really dont think that it should involve denying that some people are born susceptible to certain conditions because of things that they were born with, which may cause them to have a negative mental outlook of themselves and life. like i said, though, it has more to do with how the environment treats them and how they react to that treatment than the "condition" itself.

sorry this was so long, but i really wanted to make it clear that there is a difference between prejudice and stating observations. for one, prejudice is something that has no observable backing to it. that's the difference.

btw. im not exactly tall--5'6 and a half, but it never really bothered me too much. it all has to do with outlook.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so tall people have superiority complexes. ugly people have low self esteem. pretty people have vanity issues. jocks have over confiidence, nerds have a lack of. hmm how else can we group people?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
i would rather be discussing the inferiority complex itself than the shortness; a lot of things can cause these complexes, outside of people just being short.
if we dont recognize a wide variety of complexes and issues in people, then how can we hope to ever illeminate them? also, things like schizofrenia and suicide are alright to talk about, but when we start saying that men are more likely to complete suicide then women but women are more likely to attemtp it because men are less likely to change their minds and be less emotional than women people are probably going to be offended in some way. some issues need to be discussed. and when theyre discussed, causes for those issues need to be discussed. and when those causes are recognized, it may come to some people's disdain that they stem from gender differences, economic differences, handicap differences, etc. that doesnt change the fact that in order for progress to be made in learning about the issue these differences need to be recognized and looked into, because a solution is always found by separating the generalities and finding specific causes, and then generalizing those specifice causes.
for example: 1. people have inferiority complexes. 2. who seems more susceptible to these complexes? 3. short people, excessively tall people, people who think theyre ugly, people who think theyre worthless, etc. 4. what can we generalize about this? 5. people who have perceived handicapts are more susceptible to have inferiority complexes.
without recognizing the differences, no progress can be made in gaining more information that would be valuable in learning how to help stop the disorder. this goes for all negative things in the world that we want to illeminate--everything needs to be looked at.

"You are reading this."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"also, things like schizofrenia and suicide are alright to talk about, but when we start saying that men are more likely to complete suicide then women but women are more likely to attemtp it because men are less likely to change their minds and be less emotional than women people are probably going to be offended in some way" - well people shouldn't get offended b/c that is very true .... married women are also more depressed then men b/c of all the house work ... it's just that we can take stress easier then men. i don't think anyone should get offended by that b/c those are just the facts and we can't change the way our brains work. of course there is a few exceptions but for the most part that's how it is.

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the point i was getting at, which windup has eluded to, is where must we draw the line? is there a line? i think once you start generalizing there shouldnt be any lines. but if there arent any lines then how are we going to get anywhere? if you look at the real statistics of all of these complexes im willing to bet that the percentages are relatively small, by no means "most" .... which is the word we are using.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 44yrs • M •
capablanca is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why is it OK for people to make short jokes in class? I can't make fat jokes, ethnic jokes, racial jokes, etc. I was born this way. I peacefully take the jokes as they come. It hurts. It hurts when I ask out that pretty girl just a couple of inches taller, and she looks at me like I am a ten- year old asking for a new Corvette. People just laugh about it. Yes this is not a direct reply to the question at hand, but I hope to offer some insight into the mind of the short man.
"You're pretty built for a short guy."
Thanks for the compliment, my female friend.

"none"
 37yrs • M •
mia - good thing for misleading photos eh?

Short Men - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy