Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Our FREEDOMS DIMINISHING

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Our FREEDOMS DIMINISHING
Does any one else see what is goin on? Everytime someone does something stupid it takes more of our freedoms away. For example after the Columbine shootings they made it harder to own a gun. But really they should offer mental help, instead of taking away the right to bear arms. There are so many laws being passed that we do not even know about. Just like in the book "Animal Farm" their freedoms are slowly being taken away before their eyes. I fear that the time i am around 50 we will end up being slaves once again.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you are absolutely right Kevos...people never pay attention anymore to what the Government does, or what laws it passes.

It scares me that people think "that will never become law" because they are so fuckin naive.

In Ca. they passed a new law that makes it even more difficult to buy a gun. They made a new test you have to pass, and took away the right of honorably discharged and retired veterans from getting a waiver for the test. What kinda shit is that? You can go serve the country and be willing to loose your life for "Uncle Sam" and come back and you can't own a gun until you take a test? WTF?!

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've never thought the right to bear arms was an important one. Far more people die from accidents and physchos with guns, then people saved by guns,

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 44yrs • M •
The point is not whether or not guns are violent, but rather why are we letting our rights slip through our fingers.

The right to bear arms is something I take very seriously, and most legitimate gun owners also do.

More people die in car crashes then gun wounds, so why don't we ban personal transportation?

37yrs • M •
Because cars are vital to our society. To stop car trafic would cause huge problems and would force many people's jobs impossible. The cost of overhauling the transport we have now, with say public transport would be huge.
Removing guns would cost nothing and if done correctly would help lower crime. Mind you, I don't mean to say remove all guns. However, there should be stricter gun control, owner should prove the guns can't reach children and alll automatic weapons should not be allowed.

I agree with the point though, the gov is limiting freedom. Especially (or so I hear) with the Patriot Act which from what I understand gives limits civil rights a lot.

44yrs • M •
I agree with the Automatic weapons part completely. However, I think that if you took guns away from honest citizens, then what would stop the home-invasion and armed robbery type of crimes from increasing?

If I was so inclined, I could force my way into someones home and hold them at gun point while I take all of there hard earned possesions, and maybe even the woman of the house (if I was so inclined). There would be no way for citizens to protect themselves from the people who get guns from the street and loot and steal. The store owners, and gas station operators would get robbed more and more, because they can't protect themselves.

If you don't believe that, then look at the looting going on in San Diego, California right now while people's homes are burning down people are robbing the stuff left.

It would cost alot of money, but nothing compared to the cost of taking away personal transportation I agree.

Gun control should go as far as gun locks and cabinets, guns staying out of the reach of children, and making sure that these laws are being abided, that's it. IMO.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who cares about the guns, i want my individual freedoms back!! I think we all do, and i am tired of sitting around and watching our freedoms slowly diminish. Just the fact that all these old people are running congress and have nothing better to do then read a phone book or pass laws that dont even matter, Half the laws are not even made for the common person but are made for corporations that slowly work us to death. Sorry i just get worked up when i talk about this issue...

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 37yrs • M •
Wesdawgy - There is such a thing as a numerous, trained and effective police. I see no reason why civilians poorly trained civilians should be waving guns around rather then disciplined police.

37yrs • M •
"Just the fact that all these old people are running congress and have nothing better to do then read a phone book or pass laws that dont even matter, Half the laws are not even made for the common person but are made for corporations that slowly work us to death."
Well the real prob in the US is the way parties are funded. The only way to get elected is to have a massive advertising campaign (sp?) which only the corporates can pay for. US governments can't afford to disregard the population completely obviously, but corporations play too large a role in politics.

44yrs • M •
Diciplined Police...what a contradiction of terms, LMAO.

Some people are just plainly "in the dark" about what our Police forces around the country can actually get away with, beleive me, I know first hand that Police are no more stable than any other citizen. They are in fact trained, and do practice often, but so do the millions of people that own guns and belong to associations and gun clubs.

Contrary to popular belief, alot of COPS are crooked, theiving, blackmailing, dirty bastards that deserve to be tried and punished, but they most often don't, that is fact.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thats a very sad generalization Of Police. Try not to watch the movies and what they Portray of Cops and what the media shows them what to be, But media doesn't always give the facts. More or Less If there weren't police what do you think would happen?

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 44yrs • M •
Like I said in my original post Shade, this portrayal is not from anything but personal experience. I don't believe what I see on TV, or movies, but I know what I have seen and I know alot of cops that are dirty; personally.

Police are needed to a degree, I don't argue that fact, but to call them all honest fuckin angesl is ridicules, and highly naive. There are things that the Police do for a community that help it a great deal don't get me wrong, but they also do alot that hurts people and the community.

40yrs • M •
and I'm not saying that they all are angels, And I have had tons Of police encounters myself. And besides the fact that my Father was a police officer.
But what do Police Officers and guns have to do with freedoms there more or less a luxury not a Freedom. And Sometimes Luxuries are taken away.

44yrs • M •
You bring me to my point in this thread Shade, I think that one of the freedoms that are diminishing are right to own gun freedoms. Freedoms are being taken away on that ridicules pretense
quote:
there more or less a luxury not a Freedom. And Sometimes Luxuries are taken away.

This is crazy, they are not a luxury in the United States, they are what the people of this "Democracy" wanted to be. Guns are part of a right of self defense, and a right to protect ones family. I involved the police only because they were brought up, not because I wanted to change the subject and shift the blame. Our rights being referred to as "sometimes luxuries are taken away" just proves to me how much faith people blindly put in the congress. They don't care about what laws the "lawmakers" make, they just figure someones watching; and the truth is, no one is.

40yrs • M •
Okay well heres one for thought, Giving the Freedom to own a gun is like giving the Freedom To take a life away. its hand in hand

Our FREEDOMS DIMINISHING
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy