We discover what works by finding out what doesn't work, those who never made a mistake, never made a discovery. - Moonlightshadow
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Music - Page 5

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is also a strong coorolation between being an artist and being an alcoholic (for whatever reason).

i think artists, true artists, feel very much on the outside of society, they never fit in when they were children, and still arent able to "fit in" as adults. being an artist does mean you must strive to be different, to go against the norm... so they sort of put themselves on the outside anyway, but still, it must be very rough for them.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
benji-brown is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
im really into 60s, 70s, and 90s rock. i love jam bands like the spin doctors, phish, dmb. i love jack johnson, g love, finley quaye, marley, ben harper, and beck. i love jazz and blues. i absolutely hate emo, punk, rap, country, and pop music. i also enjoy listening to folk music and occassionally techno. i love pearl jam, radiohead, cream, the bealtes, the doors, hendrix, floyd, blind melon, 311, weezer, janes addiction, ccr, oasis, the velvet underground, and many more. im a huge music junkie. if you ever want to talk music with me my aim s/n is :benjishoqs and my yahoo s/n is :benshoquist.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Cheriss is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One singer I love is Bob Schneider his musical style at times borders on the questions of "What were you smoking to think that song up" to the depth of pain or any other emotion that can really hit a person hard. Not to mention he has helped several other bands and artists from Joe Rocker to Ugly Americans

I also Like some country I freely admit espeically the off the wall songs of Bigg and Rich all the way to the enduring Reba or Lorrie Morgan

"B**** Not just a Title Its a way of life"
 39yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that retro_goddess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Drum n Bass/Jungle, some rock, some rap, big into folk music right now, and 60's surf rock is pretty sweet.

"Don't sweat the little things! It's the little things in life that count!"
 39yrs • M •
4DEGREES is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I love death metal myself and ive recently gotten into a band called "Lamb of God"

If you havent heard them I suggest you go buy/burn a copy of their new album "ashes of the wake"

They're a little bitter but what metal band is'nt
If you have heard them and dont like them your not to be trusted!

"Kill the yuppies!"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Since the thread started saying that we could write about whatever if it involved music, then I would like to ask you what is your currently favorite song

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And what do you think about tha song "Welcome to my life" - Simple Plan

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 38yrs • M •
phuckit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I try to be as open as I can about music.. I'll try anything but I don't like everything. Ihip hop.. not your basic jay-z or 50 cent bullshit but real hip hop artists that don't get as much attention. It is an artform that's underestimated by countless numbers of people.. so many rock fans think it's just talking to a beat about drugs money and women.

I like old rock n roll as well. Little richard, the beach boys, the animals, ect. Also classic rock like the beatles, queen, the doors,pink floyd, hendrix, zeppelin and shit like that. I like metal too... everything from metallica to slayer to sepultura. Newer metal is less appealing to me but Anthrax is still making some good music and some death metal bands are really good at playing their instruments but the vocals are a little weird for me.

I like some punk rock though I'm not into some of the old punk stuff like a lot of people are like the ramones and the sex pistols and shit. I think the sex pistlos are ok and the clash are ok but I really like the Dead Kennedies, Minor Threat, Bad Religion, Nofx, and some other punk bands. I know those bands are all different from eachother but I only seem to like select punk bands.

I like some alternative rock like Nirvana and stuff but I really like bands like Incubus and Soundgarden more than I like Nirvana. As for more "poppish" music I really can't stand a lot of it like good charlotte or britney spears or stuff like that but some of the more poppish stuff I actually like.. like The Killers, The Shins, The Libertines, Green Day, stuff like that.

I would also like to add that I am a huge fan of Johnny Cash.

"hail satan"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here is a great song and video.

Lazyboy: Underwear Goes Inside Your Pants

http://launch.yahoo.com/ar-4463747-videos--Lazyboy

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that renae02 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love Punk Rock Like blink-182.. and Fall out boy and the click five and My chemical romance..

"forget the game before somone takes u out of the frame and puts ur name to frame u can't run a race the pace is to fast u just won't last.. Linkin Park points of aurthority"
Music - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy