If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

US - Page 2

User Thread
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
K well dont you think someone needed to go in and help those people (put aside why the war was started and all the crap). did you guys see the interview or read the statements of Sadams daughters saying the things he did to his own people. Even his family was scared of him. If we find him they dont have to worry about him rapeing them or killing them because they wont kill or rape for his entertainment. Now if this is just media hype! Tell me why his own daughters went on to say such things abouth there father.

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mark that one on the calander. haha!!

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 41yrs • F •
NightSkyz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Saddam was hurting his own people and his own family. But no one came to Bush's door knocking to ask for help. And keep in mind that Bush's argument for going to war was weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. All the other stuff about Saddam was to support this main point. Yeah Saddam had a serious ethical/moral problem. But there are many governments out there who run things unethically. Should the US go bombard them too? This is making it seem that the US is like an angel of goodness trying to put things right in the world.

"Live and Let Live"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I take back what I said about the french heat wave, the gov estimates 10000 elderly died.
Whoa.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 41yrs • F •
Unique is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I agree with Nightskyz. It is as though the US only jumps into help others out when it is most benificial to them.
I can't see the US going into parts of africa that brutalize their women through female circumcision. Why? because it wouldn't benifit america. Getting Saddam out was a good thing, this I will admit, but the motives of going in there was not to ensure a better life for the people of Iraq. It was to ensure a better life for the people of the Unites States of America.
I think the 'world' feels America is sometimes the one with their eyes and ears closed. Trying to fix everyone elses problems when just block from the white House Children are being murdered. Just blocks from the Presidents door there are people sleeping on the streets and women being beaten and raped. How can Americans even begin to fix other governments when there are so many problems right here?

""Everthing is always o-kay in the end, if it's not o-kay it's not the end.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would just like to add that some of you have pretty bad double standards. You complain when we DONT go into a country to help (Africa), but when we DO, you start complaining that our motives are wrong. Well, in Africa, doing those things to women is normal, and I haven't ever heard about the women protesting it or complaining. I mean, going in there disrupting their way of life that they have been doing for hundreds of years (or more) would be like someone saying they don't agree with some of our policies, like say keeping women out of the draft. Do we want that? No, and I'm sure neither do they.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 38yrs • M •
Soldier69 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think its great that they changed french fries to freedom fries. I think it makes people more patriotic to think that there better. It seems that theres not enough patriotism in America anymore and that the whole country has split up in groups. The U.S is great and im proud to be an america i just have a big problem when people come to the United States and bitch. Its like well just get the fuck out of the country then.

38yrs • M •
Soldier69 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think the United States does to much to help other people when all it seems to be doing is pissing people off. I mean we went into Irag, sacraficed our brave soldiers so they can be free, and all they did was bitch. It unbelievable. i say we close up our borders, isolate ourselves and make the world realize how important the United States is to everyone.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Suicidal Smurph is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah, sure, americans are better than the rest of the world. maybe everyone else should be killed and america should reign the whole world! would that suit you?

my opinon is, that patriotism is a certain form of fashism. It's ok to like your country, i like mine too. but i wouldn't go so far to tsay that the rest of the world is a peace of crap and only my stupid four walls are the only place to be. there is a world outside. the US are a country, not the whole planet. and if there weren't so many idiots that don't realize that, there was no more war...

"I'm desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze-pilots wear helmets."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I would just like to add that some of you have pretty bad double standards. You complain when we DONT go into a country to help (Africa), but when we DO, you start complaining that our motives are wrong."
Its not double standards. The US isn't going to Irak to help, its going into Irak to get cheap petrol, have sole access to a new market and this under a blatantly false pretense.

"I think its great that they changed french fries to freedom fries. I think it makes people more patriotic to think that there better."
Patriotism is dangerous. Patriotism is almost racism. Patriotism is nationalism and nationalism is what let Hitler accomplish his heinous crimes.

"I think the United States does to much to help other people when all it seems to be doing is pissing people off."
Please learn some history. The US rarely goes into a country "just" to help them. Did you know the US supported Sadam taking power in Irak? Did you know the US removed a democratically elected leader of Chile and replaced it with a militaristic dictator who then commited terrible crimes?

Finally, the US did not go to Irak to save its people. That may be a happy side effect however. The official reasons is the PROTECTION OF THE US, not help the Iraki people. The real reason was access to the Iraki market, the ability to create and use military bases in Irak, access to cheap Iraki petrol.
The liberation of the iraki people is a happy consequence is a happy side effect, though that may not even last long (like Afganistan) while the protection of the US people was not an issue, Irak was not a "clear and present danger".

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The war in Iraq has been the most cruel step towards terrifying the civilians in Iraq. Those poor people are reliving September 11th on a daily basis because of us.

We had nothing to do with it my good man.

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that username is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we do alot for other countrys but were ass holes most of the time. we usawaly dont do somthing for a country unless we want somthing from them.

""to start press any key", "whers th"
US - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy