Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

US

User Thread
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
US
I just want to know why everyone is against the US. We do alot for other countries, ya we make bad choices at time and so do other countries. We all live on earth dont we. I dont understand people that just flat out hate the us because we have alot of power. Alot of you have given us this power, we use it and you complain????
I think that if your complaining about the US, dont come here. Dont visit and DONT work here. Do what you can with what you have and just leave it alone!! So many Canadians work here and Mexican. Neither do I have a problem with unless they are B*tching about us.

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I just want to know why everyone is against the US. We do alot for other countries, ya we make bad choices at time and so do other countries."
I don't think everyone *hates* the US. Its just the whole Irak war, the religious rhetoric and the US ignoring the UN and as a rule of thumb, being much more conservative then other countries.
But even then, at least here in France, anti-US sentiment is dying down and people are getting on with their lives.

"I dont understand people that just flat out hate the us because we have alot of power. Alot of you have given us this power, we use it and you complain????"
I don't think anyone hates the US because of any power it was given. I'm not sure what your referring too by "power it was given".

"I think that if your complaining about the US, dont come here. Dont visit and DONT work here. Do what you can with what you have and just leave it alone!! So many Canadians work here and Mexican. Neither do I have a problem with unless they are B*tching about us."
I think if someone doesn't like something they should say so! It preserves our freedom of speech. Without it, how will anyone know when they're doing something wrong?
And equally, people should praise the good things about the US.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 43yrs • M •
Was it the whitehouse?? I thought it was unofficial but widely used... If it was the Bush Admin

48yrs • F •
Freedom Fries---WHAT?? OMG, I dont know what you guys hear but they are not called freedom fries. How Funny!!!
How come Canadians talk funny?
I love to listen to Canadians and hear them talk in that backwoods slang. Not really a put down........Kinda Interesting.

43yrs • M •
"WHAT?? OMG, I dont know what you guys hear but they are not called freedom fries. How Funny!!! "
I HAD heard from americans that some american restaurants had renamed french fries to freedom fries to show their patriotism.
And if the whitehouse had anything to do with it, it is extremely insulting to anyone french and clearly answers why some hate americans (even if its only the actions of the american gov, most people can't tell the difference between gov and people)

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it was our congressional cafe. I think they made the change to freedom fries.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 48yrs • F •
Okay I live in a metro area and I go to Cali every weekend and I have never heard of freedom fries. It might be a resurant that was looking for a snappy name but, come on here.
Freedom fried NO!! Still havent heard of freedom fries. I still order fries, never had to say "Id like an order of freedom fries. lol
Sorry I just get a kick out of that.

48yrs • F •
The things people pick out to put the US down. FREEDOM FRIES. I've asked everyone at work and they think this site must be crazy. haha, Im still freakin laughing about that.
WHAT?? Next we will have the patriotic cheese burger!! Right on!!!
Are you thinking of the freedom flyers. lol

48yrs • F •
French fries in the House of Representatives' cafeterias will now be known as "freedom fries" as part of a Republican protest at France's opposition to a war on Iraq. -----------In the Reps. Cafeterias to protest. lol!!

43yrs • M •
It was official... How petty of whoever was in charge of that!

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is pretty sad because that is immature. But it was funny to hear about it.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lighten up people...French Fries or Freedom Fries with lots of catchup is pretty damn good! Of course the US House of Representatives passed a dumb resolution! Isn't that why us Americans send them morons to congress? How about the Health Minister and Prime Minister of France taking a month long vacation while thousands of their citizens die in a heat wave? Check out your priorities!
Eldred

43yrs • M •
Thousands dying in heat waves?? I'll admit we've had quite a few old folk croaking this summer but I'm not sure you should number it in the thousands!

48yrs • F •
Its still funny!!! We dont get freedom fries unless we go to the white house and I dont think I will be going there. Outside of the white house we dont have freedom fried.

41yrs • F •
NightSkyz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why do people hate the US?
Try to imagine yourself not an American but belonging to a different country. You hear about the US deciding who is bad and who to go after. The US always seems to be involving itself in other countries business. America has a lot of power but other people see America as a bully. Not to mention the immoral media. Imagine yourself in a country with a culture not American, and then all of a sudden you see your children being influenced by sex crazed scantily dressed Western images. Is this going to make you like the US?

All I'm saying is that in order to understand why people hate the US, you need to see things from THEIR perspective, not from the American perspective.

Ofcourse there are those people who are so extremely close minded and want to eradicate people who are not like them. Such people exist in America as well as elsewhere. That is another topic.

"Live and Let Live"
US
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy