Holding onto anger is like grasping onto a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the one who gets burned. - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does Time Even Exist? - Page 6

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^so could you kindly explain good sir??...please..

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah god, I don't have time, but I guess if we never take time we can never actually have time.

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Redundant?...Hmmm...I guess if you think so, but, no, I don't think of time in the traditional sense. I believe time is not a property of the physical world as traditional concepts of time infer. The real world beyond our perception of it exists without time. Time is a function of consciousness and, as such, variable and very malleable. Time is much more than the fourth dimension of space. And three-dimensional space is a function of consciousness as well. The real world outside our perception of it is not three-dimensional, and the concept of four-dimensional space is alot more interesting than most people can imagine. And I think it's always good to make time for explanations if you have time to make general comments. I would be happy to listen. I'm pretty open-mided.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 31yrs • M •
squirrelie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
time doesnt exist, time was made up by mankind as a way to organize their lives. the sun rises and sets relative to our location, same as the moon. the sun and moon's movement is not truly a measurement of time it is in fact physics. there simply is no such thing as time; therefore their is no way to understand time or measure it. time is simply a tool by which we have based our universe. if time doesn't exist, then who is to say it going forward or backward? we bend the universe around ourselves, a simple example of this can be seen by simply feeling the breeze.

56yrs • M •
Pablo385 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Time does not exist in space, just a series of 'nows'. In space light is everywhere and therefore you have no relativity.

"What Tha??"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One second has be defined as such
The natural resonance frequency of the cesium atom, 9,192,631,770Hz. Basically meaning
We use this atom in order to keep all our clocks in sync. This allows for better communications equipment and technology however...
Gravity effects this. Heavy gravity = slower time.
Also sense E=MC squared, the faster you go, the less time effects you because you get heavier. So traveling to the future is easy. Go really fast with as much gravity effecting you as possible. Going back in time however, that's another story.

Teleportation is mathematically possible, and still plausible. This will really be the only way we will effectively travel around the galaxy. Should we as a species live that long.

Also, if it is true that energy cannot be created or destroyed, then one day we will all perish. Maybe trillions of years from now, but we will.

Me personally, Energy can be created and destroyed. Its our only hope really.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The meaning of time has become complicated and problematic. Time is relative in my opinion.

'We say we measure time with clocks, but we see only the hands of the clocks, not time itself. And the hands of a clock are a physical variable like any other. So in a sense we cheat because what we really observe are physical variables as a function of other physical variables, but we represent that as if everything is evolving in time,"

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 40yrs • M •
Ok, so theory goes.
Sense time is a matter of perspective, gravity its self changes your perspective of time. The more you are affected by gravity, the slower you are in comparison with everyone else.

Example
Once you enter the Event Horizon in a black hole, it will take you literally forever to reach the center. If you were in a space ship, you could walk around, everything would be fine. But if you had somehow a TV that would show a camera looking at the universe, the speed of which events would unfold would be blazingly fast.

So the only way to slow down everything around you, but you be faster, would be to be in an environment of significantly less gravity. Being at a standstill and in dead of space would be the least you could be, or create a white hole (theoretical) and that could actually reverse the effects of gravity and time. But that's theoretical.

Example
If you were in a space ship with absolutely zero G. watching the guy in the black hole, you would see him literally frozen in time. You simply wouldn't live long enough to watch him blink. He on the other hand would watch a blur of a person, if at all. The only way he could even see you for a blink of an instant would be if you died and didn't move for... well who knows, millions of years.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No time does not "exist" - as Einstein once said, "...time exists so everything doesn't happen at once..."

Reality is a solid object... that is if you cannot define an object or mass outside of an energy reference... which is well, so impossible it is cliche' to mention it...

Energy conducts other forms of energy into uniformity with itself...

In other words.. water and rocks are compatible... eventually the apparent distinction between the two will fade to a non distinguishable uniformity given mutal exposure to one another... over a prolonged exposure you will see the compatibility...

One writer said - "The ocean eventually erases all evidence."

Call it time if you must.. which is more a construct of limited human intellect used to "outline" the limited experience of reality that the 5 senses affords combined with that sixth sense...

Thought or consciousness... whatever... like it matters...

Because nothing I feel or think will affect the reality I experience without some efffort on my part to make REALITY compatible with me... in other words...

Dissolving... because most of the forms of Energy...( rocks - water - fire - trees ect. ect. ) will conduct our form (human) into uniformity with itself... example

Fire seeks to turn everything it touches into itself... fire

Alcohol and other drugs... will eventually conduct your form into consistency with themselves... only the end result will be an "untimely" demise....

Even a glass left out in the sun for years will become brittle and more fragile just by the effect of the two energy forms... glass and solar... trying to become ONE

ONE

Because the universe is a solid object... A solid object called energy...

Bridging the forms of energy only require exposure one to the other....

The Nature of all Energy, well I'll save that for another time...

Because one form is more consistent or powerful doesn't mean there is an actual difference...

ha'

D

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 40yrs • M •
Even though Ill disagree partially with some of that, it was so well written I really don't want to continue the debate.

Does Time Even Exist? - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy