Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Isn't Religion Just a Science or History? - Page 5

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Let me put it this way, science would not exist without creation, and neither would the thought process of man. "
Without a universe man wouldn't have created God or science to explain it, no.

"You dont have to believe it, but it makes more sense to believe it. "
Only to you. Why should there be an all good creator? Why not all evil? Why not muslim or jew? Why not nothing at all? Why do so many people suffer yet he supposed to be good? Why does science explain things and yet the idea of God in practice has not?

No no it doesn't make sense, at least not to me.

"IF you live your life like there is a God and there is, you won the jackpot of eternity...and eternal happiness. "
So you believe we have to lie to ourselves to be happy? That's what faith is.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK by me, anyway. No one has to believe in GOD, dark matter or atoms, hell some people don't have any morals,
if you want to, believe that too.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
religion (bible based) has a synonym, at least in my opinion...
it's opinion... religion=opinion

there is a set of information these different groups of people derived their different opinions from, one set of information... many different interpretations...

i am aggrivated at the lack of communication efforts on the part of all big bible based religions... instead of re-asserting their same old views every sunday morning, why not smooth out the lines of distinction between the denominations of the surrounding area.

maybe they should just try, just for a month.

lol i'd bet these people would take great strides in the understanding of biblical lessons, or kill each other... either way we would be rid of their annoyance.

quote:

faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

so, have faith in whatever you hope for... if you SEE evidence that what you once hoped for isn't what you wanted, have faith in something else. repeat process until you are having faith in something that you see evidence of, but cannot explain from where the force comes. then you've got your evidence of things not seen. IMO

p.s. Please no trite comments concerning faith in gravity or the wind.
i'm speaking of something that you can sense and witness through experience, "its hand in". Something that actually cares about your development. Maybe even something that would inspire physical beings to write down an abriged operations manual alluding to the entirety of " truth" that brought about, and is a part of, the experiences we learn of it through.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 72yrs • M •
quote:

As a capitalist society, the material wealth is based on mssive consumption of oil . . . when the oil is depleted that society will have to find alternatives or die. So is it not your faith in man's technology that science will find a viable substitute?
As it will be able to deal with the problems of the pollution generatedby that consumption?

37yrs • M •
We had industry before oil. We will switch to nuclear, solar, wind and water power.

"faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. "
Translate. From what I got, it means believing in things not there.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
or at best, that might be there

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
So we will drive (fly) electric cars, etc from clean nuclear sourses, (no such thing?) solar sources and where do we get the plastics used in manufacturing? Oh, we will go back to making them from metal or will science substitute silicon for carbon?
I mean, we got lots & lots of sand. Of course, we will mine our old garabage dumps by then they will be worth a fortune, right.

37yrs • M •
Honestly, its like every year there's a new technological discovery. Yes we will be using electric or hydrogen cars. Yes we will no doubt be using nuclear reactors (maybe even fusion reactors).

No you can't have your SUV, its not the end of the world.

37yrs • M •
IE, when there is demand for them.

72yrs • M •
Wasn't there some popular song out a few years back? What were the lyrics? ' I can't drive at 55' , what is that about I mean I getting to that age so if I can't drive then I need to find out & make other arrangements?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It was van halen, hagar, and he had a problem with the speed limit

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
ah, you mean back at the time we had an oil (embargo) shortage? So they resrticted the speed limit to 55, nation wide to conserve our dwindling oil supply?
We didn't have the reserves to supply the military & civil needs let alone to support our industries?
Good thing we have found new resources, our own having been depleted!

Isn't Religion Just a Science or History? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy