I don't buy everything I read/I haven't even read everything I've bought. - ExplodingGopher
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Human's Inevitable Downfall - Page 6

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
worl peace wouldnt be peacful cause too much of anything isnt good.. it would lead to bordom.. unless there was a way that it didnt but that is not how things work in this world.. you NEED "bad" for" good" to stand out as "good".. youd have to change the fact that it in us... theres a time when it feels good to be stimulated but then a time when "peace" (relief) feels good thats why its called "peace" in the first place is because it stands out as peacful compared to violence.. if there was no "negative" vibes like voiolence "peace" wouldnt make sense there would be no peace itwould just be typical.. both sides its in us.. even if som1's attentions are good.. what if som1 fell in love with a girl he was about to fall in love ((with or whatever.. conflict over things such as people etc,..)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and its not just a "inevitable downfall" then you can say "inevitable up fall" BALANCE HELLOO both sides!!!! ! 1 !

and animals brains perhaps not as complex so thats why they dont beef to the scale we do cause they also cant love fix things the way we do.. and they do kill for fun.. my cat just killed a bird this morning and didnt eat it.. seen plenty of cats kill moths oin houses kill shit just to play with it so not juast us (i only read 1rst page so hopfly ev1 taliikng this subjuaect on)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • M •

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!. The world will end. That can be said as just damn near a fact. But then again "The inevitable rise of Man" as well, can be said to be damn near fact.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just skimmed through some of the posts so I may be posting ignorantly but has anyone bothered to take the other side of this arguement. I saw some posts stating that humans inevitablely bounce back from their degradations and thats parallel to the point I'm about to make.

The only basis of comparison we have to say that humans are going to destroy themselves is our own history. We have been fighting ourselves since the beginning of our known existance. No doubt we are violent creatures. For those who believe in evolution, you know there is a reason we are this way. Its a tool to survive. Survival of the fittest and here we are. Despite the fact we have been killing ourselves throughout history we are still alive. Not only alive but more advanced then ever. In the last century the global population has more then doubled and we are able(not perfectly) to support this population. We have colonized the entire globe. We have technology that allows us to not be farming food but rather dedicate our lives to expanding thought. This technology is propelled by leaps and bounds by our wars. Suppose for example an meteor was going to hit Earth 10 years from now. We have today the technology to at the very least make a decent attempt at stopping it. If WW2 had never happened our nucluear technology as well as other techs would be much less advanced, maybe even nonexistant and we would be unable to defend ourselves against a meteor impact.

Dolphins are said to be just as intellegent as us. They have their own tools for survival and they are alive so it must be working out pretty well for them. I would hypothesis however that if they had a more destructive nature and fought each or other species they would adapt to their environment much more rapidly. As it is now I don't think they have a good chance of stopping the forementioned meteor.

Overall, I'm not saying its impossible to destroy ourselves. Species die every day because of the tools they have. It could happen, but I don't see any overwhelming evidence to suggest its going to.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the global elite

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
By the way guys. If the world does end let's get together and set up a hippy camp. We'll have load's of fun while everyone else is getting fried. (lol)

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
haha great idea conway

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In responce to the idea that the human species may destroy itself by means of either resourse depleation or nuclear war, perhaps the hominid is not meant to survive. It is more likely than not that we are not the pinnacle of organic evolution, but yet another link in the developmental chain. To expand upon this point, look at the dinosaurs, the planets first evolutionary attempt to create a singular dominant species. While they were sufficiently physically equipped to handle the threat of other species, they were not gifted the cognative capacity to adequately deal with a large scale natural disaster(metor, giant volcanic eruption,etc). We, on the other hand, have achieved our dominance through exactly opposite means, though in truth we are no less one dimensional. We are the opposite end of the spectrum. Perhaps a more harmonious balance between cognative capacity and physical prowress must be established by a species before a true planetary dominance can be attained. Or maybe i should do some research before i start expousing grand sweeping evolutionary theories?

"dont got one"
 37yrs • M •
"We didn't start the fire.. it was always burning since the world's been turning" billy joel..

listen to it while taking a drive in the sun.. it might make you feel better..

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
about what?

"dont got one"
 37yrs • M •
haha about everything.. it makes you aware of what has happened.. and how we as human's are one.. how w/e has or will happen is completly human.. problems were here before we were born.. and will be after we die..we can't stop them.. we can try tho.... we will try.. so live life and be happy, cuz i cant take it anymore..

that's what i get from it..
"we didnt start the fire"..

35yrs • M •

Human's Inevitable Downfall - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy