What shall profiteth a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? - ailanie12
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Human's Inevitable Downfall - Page 4

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bin Laden is a minor threat. He's not even a threat, he's a nuissance. How can people compare the 11 million dead of the holocaust or the millions who faced misery during the cold war to 9/11.
9/11 = 3000 dead.
You see in fact this illustrates my point perfectly, the evil of the XXth killed millions, the evil of today kills thousands.
That's a 99.9% decrease in the amount of death, and that's pretty damn good.

And to continue, the fundamentalists have no hope of taking over the world or even any part of the develloped world unlike Joe Stalin or Hitler.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Few deaths for minor attack.....but he wasn't going for death totals!

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 37yrs • M •
Ok what was his goal? Does his goal matter?
The point is the evils of today in the develloped world (a few thousand deaths occasionally) are minute and negligeable compared to the evils of yesterday (millions of dead, despotic hegemony, purposeful genocide).

37yrs • M •
Everyday will become a yesterday!

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 35yrs • F •
cantomerican is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is just like the matrix. How everything will soon be taken over by machines. But have you ever wondered why? Humans made machines and somehow, the machines outsmarted the humans. Which goes back to the main point, humans are their own major downfall. But my question is, why do humans do things that will create disasters? Why can't humans just stop and think. Think of the cause and effects of what is and will be created.

""We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut"
 37yrs • M •
The human nature my friend. "Greed and fear"

37yrs • M •
Humans make mistakes. I find it amazing how many "good" things have been forgotten or misappreciated by people.
Running water, computers, housing, medicine, art and litterature didn't make themselves you know.

37yrs • M •
Neither did the nuclear weapons and the poverty in many countries

37yrs • M •
Nuclear weapons do not cancel out all the above.

Men have been living in poverty ever since they existed, some (if not most) men today are above it.

37yrs • M •
EXCESS PRODUCTION?

37yrs • M •
?

37yrs • M •
trash

37yrs • M •
Well pollution/trash hasn't caused any problems anywhere near as bad as other things humans have had to face.
And certainly the the things which caused pollution (the industrial revolution) caused good things in the long run. The standard of living of post-revolution countries are very high and the people of post-revolution countries tend to be very rich.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The civil war was bad. When I was a truck driver, I thought one night, I wished I was back in the old days. That night I dreamt I was back in the old days. That morning when I woke up, I was glad I was not in the old days. Yes our way of living has improved, but the earth suffers, someday the earth will have its revenge if we don't change our way.

Dumbteen - I like what you said about Bin Ladin, and things are better today. I don't understand why you protect corporate interests. Just because they are not as bad as other things does not mean that they are good. Much of what they do today our great grand children will curse us for allowing.

My son has asthma. When he went to the hospital. He went to the hospital with a hundred other kids. The hospital could never explain why, it never happened before.

Most people die from (in this order) Heart disease, cancer, stroke, asthma (and other respiratory ailments). While my generation may live into the hundreds, yours will not. Our life spans are dropping. They claim this is due to people unable to offered medical care. I say that's a bunch of crap. I know why people are getting sick and dying even if a media supported by commercial advertising does not tell me. Its pollution, I learned that when I was in school. We knew it was going to happen.

I thought the first post, the originator of this thread was excellent. I couldn't say it better.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • F •
cantomerican is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that humans are just afraid of themselves. Can't think of anything more than defeating oneself.

""We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut"
Human's Inevitable Downfall - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy