Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Christianity is dead, now what ? - Page 2

User Thread
 67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that VoiceInTheDark is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

What you perceive of God is only painted ideas that you have received from the imaginations of people that claim to know something about him.

That is why my perception seems vague to you. All of the concepts we have for sin are created in the minds of the religious.

Think of everyone as God's children. The children of darkness chose to be the children of Satan, The same as God did not create Satan, God created Lucifer and Lucifer chose to become Satan.

I can't say it any clearer, one must examine things of the heart more closely. Imagine as a father, you saw some arrogant asshole deliberately doing harm to your children. Would not the asshole receive your wrath?

Now imagine all of the assholes doing harm to God's children, and God can do nothing but dwell within the hearts of his children and feel their pain and their loss, their sorrow and their anger, While beholding the faces of the wicked.

Now can you try and fathom God's anger?

"The whole world dwells in darkness"
 67yrs • M •
Decius! Sorry I've been gone so long. I didn't forget about you. I hope you don't mind, but I carried our conversation over to another forum. Maybe you can join us there? If not I'll still be visiting here too. Here are some other threads I have started, just want to share.

http://dissidentphilosophy.lifediscussion.net/philosophy-f1/a-conversati
on-cocerning-light-t932.htm

http://dissidentphilosophy.lifediscussion.net/religion-f4/revelation-rev
ealed-debate-started-from-crosswalk-forum-t966.htm

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=26641.0

I hope this clears things up a little, or maybe just creates more questions?

So God will empathize with his children and be angry, and as a result mock those that suffer in the end for their sins.

God will mock those that suffer in the end because of the death and suffering they brought upon the righteous, and because they mocked him, when they mocked his children.

What inherently makes the difference between children of the light and children of darkness? Just a choice?

The children of light are righteously motivated in their heart, though their understanding be darkened, when the truth is finally revealed they will see it. They are real in their heart, not fake, what you see is what you get, I see this in you.

So then a child of light that chooses darkness, for whatever reason, will receive the wrath and mockery of God without any compassion towards why they may have chosen the path of darkness?

A child of light has not, and will not choose darkness, because the light of God is hidden within the child of their heart. We see what our imagination sees, God sees what our heart sees.

The children of darkness dwell within their own evil imaginations, they are not nor ever have been real. They are only the thought of Satan. They will forever be just thoughts in the darkness that do not exist dwelling in their own madness.

The children of darkness will abide with us in their image during the one thousand years that they will be subject to the Kingdom of God on the earth, While the children of light rein over them in righteousness.

God created Lucifer, Lucifer chose to become the mind of Satan, God created man, man chooses to be the mind of Satan. Satan can deceive your mind, but you can keep your heart real.

67yrs • M •

There is an ongoing debate concerning predestination and freewill. It can be difficult to wrap your mind around.

Was Lucifer predestined to become the mind of Satan? Yes
Did Lucifer choose to become the mind of Satan? Yes
Was Adam predetermined to disobey God? Yes
Did Adam choose to disobey God? Yes
It is all necessary evil.

The children of light are predetermined to be.
The children of light choose to be.
The children of darkness are predestined not to be.
The children of darkness choose not to be.
To be or not to be, that is the question.

All of this is necessary to fulfill the purpose of God.
God is righteous.
Everyone within the mind of darkness made their own choices, even with God warning them not to make the choices that they made, yet they all fulfilled the predetermined purpose of God.

God chose Israel to be his people, God loved Israel, God made a covenant with Israel,

Deuteronomy chapter 30
11 For this commandment which I command you this day, it is not hidden from you, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it to us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14 But the word is very near to you, in your mouth, and in your heart, that you may do it.

15 See, I have set before you this day life and good, and death and evil; 16 In that I command you this day to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that you may live and multiply: and the LORD your God shall bless you in the land where you go to possess it. 17 But if your heart turn away, so that you will not hear, but shall be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; 18 I denounce to you this day, that you shall surely perish, and that you shall not prolong your days on the land, where you pass over Jordan to go to possess it. 19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live: 20 That you may love the LORD your God, and that you may obey his voice, and that you may hold to him: for he is your life, and the length of your days: that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

God was righteous in this covenant. Israel made her choices as the daughter of Jacob, rejecting the prophets and all of God's warnings, but Israel still showed forth the righteousness of God.

67yrs • M •

See, now you have a problem. You've clearly suggested that chlldren of the light cannot go to darkness and vice versa... now you aren't giving a straight answer. Yet you seem to have definite answers for everything else.

You miss my point. God would not be righteous if the children of darkness could not choose light, or the children of light could not choose darkness. Nobody will be able to blame God, because they made their own choices, even though the children of light were chosen from the foundation of the world, and all things fulfill God's purpose.

In even suggesting that children of the darkness are fulfilling a purpose of God, you are indirectly suggesting then that god has condemned them to darkness.

They fulfill the purpose of God, but they condemn themselves.

67yrs • M •
See, now you have a problem. You've clearly suggested that chlldren of the light cannot go to darkness and vice versa... now you aren't giving a straight answer. Yet you seem to have definite answers for everything else.

I never said the children of darkness could not choose light, or the children of light could not choose darkness. I said they would not..

The children of darkness serve their own self logic, self reasoning, and self justification.They are self righteous, because of the self justification of their own minds. When the truth is revealed
( and it will be revealed ) they will not understand it.

The children of light, though their minds may be deceived, they have a righteous motivation of the heart. When the truth is revealed they will see it.

67yrs • M •
"So, yes, you did indeed state that they could not. Which means some people are born into darkness and some into light. Which means, some people are predetermined servants of satan and some are servants of god."

Everybody is born into darkness. that's my whole point. the whole world dwells in darkness. everybody dwells in the darkness of their own imagination. life is just an illusion. life is but a dream.

We are created out of God's imagination. when The first man Adam acknowledged Satan man lost the state of innocence, and gained the knowledge of good and evil.

Their was no evil to have knowledge of until Satan gained access to mans imagination, since then life became a choice between good and evil. Mans imagination became darkness, so we all sleep until God wakes us up.

Since Adam all die, or all sleep. We are all asleep within the darkness of our own imagination. We all have a predetermined destiny. But we reach that destiny by our own choice, which shows us God is righteous in his judgments.

Before the death of Jesus on Masada, God could not understand the heart of man. God dealt with man externally. Throughout the old testament you see people who chose to do good and people who chose to do evil, but God spoke to man by his prophets.

Jesus, who was the last Hasmonean King of Israel, was the chosen vessel to bring God into our darkness. Jesus did die when he was crucified, he had an out of body experience, in which God's persona entered into him by the spirit of Elijah, though he was unaware of God dwelling in him. To Jesus he was still just the Hasmonian King of Israel.

I had the same experience when I nearly drowned in a lake in Kentucky. I found myself in a place of total darkness just dwelling in my imagination. I was fully conscious but I knew I was dead. I was in sixty feet of water and when my friend Denny got to me to pull me out, I was about a foot under the water face down floating a dead mans float. When Denny began pulling me out I came back to myself and I was totally amazed because I knew I had died.

I did not know until a few years ago that the persona of God had come into me during that experience. It has only been during the past seven years that god has revealed to me who I am. I am the chosen vessel to bring God out of the darkness by the revelation of him in me.

Jesus cheated death, after Joseph and Nicodemus removed Jesus' body from the cross and placed him in the tomb he was revived and lived to die on Masada at eighty years old.

From that time until the present God has dwelt, not in the imagination of man, we are still in the darkness, but in the hearts of the inner child of the righteous. God sees through the eyes of the righteous, God feels the pain and the anger of the righteous. When you see the face of the righteous you see the face of God.

In the beginning man was created in the image of God. In the end man is the image of God. The resurrection is the awakening of God's children.

God created the illusion of this dream, Satan entered the mind of the illusion, God entered the heart of the illusion. When the children of light see and receive the revelation of truth the child within will awaken to righteousness.

The children of light are real, the children of darkness only dwell in their own imagination. When Satan is cast into the earth the children of light will awaken and the children of darkness will be the mind of Satan. When the children of darkness are cast into outer darkness they will only dwell in the nightmare of Satan forever because they along with darkness do not really exist, they are only evil imaginations.

Being cast into the lake of fire and cast into outer darkness is the same thing. The lake of fire is the light of God that will consume the darkness.

"Which is ridiculous. Life isn't a board game with colored units. Sure, simple people like to think so so that the lines of segregation are clear, so that the enemies are clear and the friends are clear."

No there are no clear lines drawn. Satan has totally blurred the lines of good and evil within our minds. The good don't know they are good, the evil don't think they are evil.

When Satan is cast into the earth evil will appear as good, good will appear as evil, light will appear as darkness, darkness will appear as light. The anti Christ will appear as Christ, Christ will appear as anti Christ.

None of the wicked will understand the truth. The children of light will awaken and see the righteousness of the truth. The minds of men have been played by Satan.

Even when your mind is confused by darkness, If you are a child of light, your heart can see the goodness in the hearts of people that the world sees as evil and the evil in the hearts of people that the world sees as good.

The finishing out of time will complete the story. The truth will be revealed. The righteous will see.

67yrs • M •
I copied this from............
http://dissidentphilosophy.lifediscussion.net/philosophy-f1/a-conversati
on-cocerning-light-t932-60.htm

Quote:
Doesn't Decius have a point when he says, "So, yes, you did indeed state that they could not. Which means some people are born into darkness and some into light. Which means, some people are predetermined servants of satan and some are servants of god."?

Yes everybody has a destiny predetermined by God that fully accomplishes God's purpose. But, because God is righteous, everybody becomes who they are by their own choice. That is the madness of the darkness. They were predetermined to be there, but they are there by their own choice.

The ones tormented forever in darkness might argue that they did not choose to be ( exist ). God's answer to this would be ( exactly ), you chose not to be. Shakespeare said it right " To be or not to be that is the question ".

Quote:
are you confusing transparency and opacity with light and dark?

The reason we are in darkness is because are eyes are closed, we all sleep, we all dream, we are in each others dream, this is reality. God is about to awaken all of his children so they can leave the darkness of night and enter the day of the Lord. The day of the Lord is infinite and eternal. Some of God's children will wake up early, ( the first fruit of the harvest 144,000 ), others will choose to sleep in, the number no man can number that come out of great tribulation. The children of darkness will choose not to wake up at all because they don't believe they are asleep. In their dream the children of darkness will persecute and kill the children of light that choose to sleep on into the great tribulation.

From the perspective of time, With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Kingdom of God will rein on the earth for a thousand years, or for the final day of the children of darkness, before they are cast into outer darkness, after which, the children of light receive the new heaven and the new earth, and new Jerusalem comes down from God out of heaven.

67yrs • M •

Christianity is dead, now what ? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy