Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Ethics: DARE YOU IGNORE IT? - Page 2

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

An open question:
Can an ethical statement be 'true'? Is it simply 'true' that 'thou shalt not kill' in the same way that 'the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second' is true?

I believe not...
The approximation of the constant speed of light in a vaccume...
is not subject to equivications subjective reasoning or ammendment...

without drastic immediate consequence... yes the mechanics of your physical sciences and most other things would simply collapse upon themselves...

hmmmmmm

all of which is "true' of the law of moses...

I kill... therefore had someone written my story in advance, from that [[[third party]]] perspective, and told/read it aloud it would have said

" thou shalt kill "

of course I'd be all
"...oh no! Lordy-lord... not me I wouldn't hurt the littlest flea.. I'd just let that flea eat an eat an eat... can I tend the rabbits God~?"

but from hindsight... after wards I'd be all..

"... my goodness, had I not read/heard it before it happened I would not have believed it possible... however, now that I've come through it ~ I remember a shining day when the Lordy-lord spoke to me, and told me everything that would happen. Gracious me...!"

errr... perhaps an ethical statement can merely be a consistent truth... however the level of consistency required would make it approach the status of an immutable law... tht's my point

if it's immutable... we consider that as near impossible as describeable in the limits of our languages..

paz'

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe pupa ria is a allududing to whatever metephysyical stance a person tends to hold. Most people, to my mind and philosiphers like voltaire beleive that the human maind and there for morality and ethics is for the most part naturally good. Unlike people who have sought aboutsolute power or expliotation of the helpless like petaphilic tevevangelests and big oil and now more than ever big finaince. since the 80s ceo salleries have gone form 40 times annual worker salary to up over 400 times average worker salery, these people see the sufferring that this sort of class seperation breeds and is still pushing the same policies that geigher, the now sectretary of state former of the state of new york has allowed to happed and continues to allow to happen. The metaphysical state a person is brought into often determines the morality to which they alighn themself. unfortunantly for the world religions believe that were here to suffer and instead of trying to create a better world for everyone they tend to be very selfish and there charities always seem to benifit them in one way or another, think of the heritage foundation and the bs thats caused. Ethics are simple thing that people are able to find out for themeselfs as they are naturally docile creates, like monkeys for those who still don't submit to evolution, its the herd mentality, especially in america that breeds a lack of moral, the herd of the religious around the world.

"all you know is all you know"
Ethics: DARE YOU IGNORE IT? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy