Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Colours of the RainBow - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah, I am sorry Chris . . .
quote:
funny thing the electronic flash is a xenon tube. A much larger => massive inert element producing a pulse of white light.
what I meant was neon an inert gas produces a very limited spectrum but then it only has s & p filled orbitals . . . our sun"s spectrum extends well past the line spectrum of it's exterior of hydrogen & helium.
Thus the core of the sum exist as . . .yet a xenon produces nearly the same spectrum (only without the hydrogen & helium spectrum lines.)
But then xenon does include electrons in the d orbital (At. wt. 54)? Ya know how they say photons emitted as a cascade effect? Do they mean that a cascade of electrons within the orbital configuration or electron emission causes electrons in other atoms to cascade? Hmm . . [either/ or] or is it [and /or]? Is that any help?
quote:
Reference: Merrill Physics : Principle and Problems
ISBN 0-675-17264-0 ©1992, 1990 Glencore
Division of MacMillan/McGraw-Hill School Publishing

Chapter 28.1 Bohr Model; Atomic Spectra [pg. 574-577 ]
[quote] pg.576 Gas atoms can be made to emit their characteristic colors by a method shown in Fig 28_3. A glass tube containing neon gas at low pressure has metal electrodes at each end. When a high voltage is applied across the tube, electrons pass through the gas. The electrons collide with the neon atoms, transferring energy to them. The atoms then give up (collapse) this extra energy, emitting it in the form of light (=>photon). The light emitted by neon is red (?) . . . I wonder did the author make an error
Hmm . . perhaps the problem is that they are trying to compensate for the phosphoresce (emissions) & not the red-orange emissions of neon?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Chris, the first photos I find totally in focus. I didnt notice anything wrong with the others till you mentioned it. But the ones at the mall i think are just very old ones (looks like the 90s going by the clothing) and perhaps have lost some of their sharpness.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 72yrs • M •
Funny thing about it is the authors of Merrill Physics must have had some experiences with laser technology as they tend to make use of as examples & explanations. Such as Section 28.2 "the Present Model of the Atom which goes from the Quantum Model to the next subheading Lasers.
quote:
Gee, funny coincidence how those classical notions of different forms of energy & mass seem to (default) change at the same transition in forms of energy produced by electron orbitals (heat) & emissions by electron configurations? I wonder did we cross some barrier in energy (=>form) when we moved from the exterior links of orbitals to the interior emissions . . . almost as if we had changed from one energy level to another? Kind of like water running up hill . . energy being stored until it reaches the point that photon emission occurs . . all those lower energies producing a higher (frequency) value of energy?
Well, the rain photos are hand held digitals while the flower are 2:1 macro chrome with 300mm macro lens on tripod. The older were shot with an unknown camera as I picked a cheap camera when I got to Ala.

72yrs • M •
quote:
Well, the rain photos are hand held digitals while the flower are 2:1 macro chrome with 300mm macro lens on tripod. The older were shot with an unknown camera as I picked a cheap camera when I got to Ala.
My Error, the macro are 1:2 ratio & the older photos from the mall are scans of the original 4x6 prints at the time of processing . . .

Just thought I would include this to see & ponder upon . . . this is a more recent scan as you can see the subject is glass which was painted in the reverse but as you can see I picked up the reflection upon the front side of the adjoining walls.

72yrs • M •
Speaking of focus, I needs to understand that in photography, a lens produces a sharp focus point (plane). Rather we speak of the depth of field as the series of panes of focus before (in front) & beyond that point (plane) of focus to which we apply the term of relatively (reasonably) sharp focus . . . In that respect, the previous image is a crop from a scan of a 4x5 slide (Fuji Astia) @ 1200 pixels per inch. When I went to crop the image of the corner image (the further point (plane) of focus, I found I needed to rescan a a higher rate (4800 ppi) in order to show that it was within the depth of field. As I was simply wanted it for use here on the web, I cropped the scan to similar proportions (dimensions) of a 35mm.

Colours of the RainBow - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy