Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority. - Chilltime55
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why can we do wrong - Page 2

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
WHY CAN WE DO WRONG? ........ Free will..... simple, the reeeeal question, is how did free will or the creation of evil and good come about?

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it comes down to learning...
You need to be able to make a choice in able to use your schooling...
To be able to make a choice, you need one option more attractive than another. I guess it's just a shame that some options are pretty unattractive, but still more attractive than others. For example having to fight someone off you, who is only fighting you because it is bred into him by whatever system was in place to protect him, rather than just taking a beating...
Doing wrong is sometimes easier, like smoking when you're addicted, rather than giving up...
Challenging a system is pretty hard! Harder when you haven't had the benefit of learning that systems faults...
The truth will set us free from our mistakes, but probably not all of them. As they say "Pobodys Nerfect!"
One last thought about learning is that it would be a little too easy for us if we were to succeed every time. For example, when you finally master a video game is usually when you start to lose interest in it. So maybe it's good that God, or whoever, made life so hard, that it pretty much keeps us guessing...
To close, even knowing this does not make life that much easier... (How the hell can I compete with 'Air Jordan' on the court? Guess I'll just have to wait until he's 140y.o. and I've been frozen for 70 years!)

"There is no negative one..."
 33yrs • F •
demie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Then ask teh question why do we do right
why is it ppl always think of the bad an never the good !
i say ppl cheer up an stop being so deprsed if you do wrong its for a reason things happen for a reason for example......
when u finish with some body some body else may come along an make you even more happy so you know take things on the head an see how its goes never look bad of what you have done just correct your mistakes
but people whom kil an things like that i say they dont get another chance they are discusting but hey thats my view

demie x

"i love my bf as much as i love games XD"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wouldnt it be that its that we have free will...god created people with free will so they have the chance to do right...but others use it for the wrong?

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's exactly right. You're mother and father created you and set guidlines for you to do what is right. They don't lock you in a room where it is impossible for you to do anything wrong. That would just be pointless. God gave us free will because he didn't want to trap us in a body that would not permit us to make our own decisions. When God creates us he creates us with love, he creates us in his image and he creates us to perfection. What everyone needs to realize is that God is not going to make us do what is right all the time, he wants that to be our test. He showed us he loves us by giving us life. Now he wants to see that same love returned in the things that we do. He wants to know that we love him enough to do what is right. God could have created each and everyone one of us to do no wrong, but our free will and ability to choose is what sets us apart from all other creatures on this planet. Our intelligence and intellect are all functions of our will and our emotions...dido!

You cannot compare yourself to a calculator, you cannot compare yourself to an animal, we are made special, we are made with love, and we are made to be like God. Show him the love he deserves and use the free will to do good and not to do the bad that he made a choice for us!

32yrs • M •
Child of light is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
In Genisis, it says that we are made in God's likeness and therefore have free will. Why would you create something that you want to have a relationship with and make it so they only did what they were told. As for the calculator, it is made for a particular purpose in that you plug in a formula and it spits out the answer. A calculator has no free will and, for that matter, isn't even alive. God gave us free will to do what we wanted, including whether we wanted to follow him or not. Now to get back to the original question, "Why can we do wrong?" The gift tof free will is a blessing as well as a curse in that some choose to do things to hurt others.

"Get outta here Satan!"
 49yrs • M •
buff71 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
nomeaning,
What is "wrong"? What is "right"? What religion is right and which is wrong? According to most religions every other religion is wrong. So, which is right if there is but one God (according to most religions)? See the dilemma? That's why I ask you what is right and what is wrong. In some religions multiple wives are considered a great sign of pride and success where in others it is a sin. PEOPLE define right and wrong in a social cast (i.e. within a group or culture). This is why we have different religions and Gods. The problem we have today is the cross pollination of religions and culture from a mixing-pot of world social differences and ultimately a challenge to the base of man's duality of good and evil. Duality is not so easy to determine any longer and thus the confusion of people across the world. Additionally the Internet and global travel have added to the destruction of religion's grip on humanity by spreading free-thought. On another topic of wrong and right: what happens when we die? Some believe in reincarnation, some ascending into a new life in heaven and then there are those that believe nothing happens, live life to the fullest. Most religions however, teach if you are "good" in life then you will be reworded in the after life. Well, how do we know? The only documented "resurrected" human was according to Christians "Jesus," and his believers think he was god - thus not really human. Therefore, not a single "human" has returned from the afterlife to tell of the "truth." Right wrong or indifferent. We have no solid proof of a single god, the afterlife, angels, etc. There is more proof of UFOs and Bigfoot then there are biblical samples of proof. Thus religion is based purely on FAITH and faith alone. Every man woman and child of this planet will die. This is why we have the debate of wrong verses right, because we all have the same fate in the physical world and by mentally extending "life" after death humans gain an unattainable imagined reality - only if your good. Please prove that god and heaven are REAL. And the same for Satan and the "pit of fire." With discoveries in the last 500 years it is amazing most people still believe in a God. I personally do not believe in a god, which can be limited by our tinny minds or a single book. If there is a god who really created everything then he/she/it would surely not be anything like a human. Not even close. Maybe the mental image of some of our greatest minds might come close but for the most part humanity is stupid, selfish and not God like. Additionally, you compared human will to that of a calculator. We know what the calculator is for - we created it. What about humans - what is the human for? God knows!

""yes""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You see to me, it shouldn't be a question of if you want to go to heaven you will do right and if you don't believe in heaven its ok to do wrong because you don't believe you are going to go to hell or be punished in an after life because you don't believe in one - that's all irrelivant.

The crux of the matter to me is relationships. Relationships with other people, with yourself and with your environment. If you are loved and you feel love in your life given to you freely by your family and friends, you in turn know how good and right that feels therefore you freely give love to those around you, simply because you know how good it feels and you want others to feel the same. This in turn makes those people feel good and you feel good because you've made them feel good. The same with the environment. You know how good it feels when you are a part of your environment, for example when you are sitting on a beach or in your garden or in a park etc. and it feels good because the air is clean and smells fresh, the flowers are blooming, you pick an apple of a tree and eat it, it tastes sweet which is good (its not sour, that would be bad), then isn't it better to love the environment so that we and our children's generations etc. can continue to have that 'good' relationship with the environment and each other?

Now if you do not feel loved by those around you, you do not feel you should love your environment because its done nothing good for you, then you are going to feel bitter and the reverse is going to happen. I've been made to ffel bad so I don't give a fig if I make others feel bad, and who gives a toss about the environment anyway, if I've only known filth and poverty and I've had to fight to survive. Are these people doing wrong when their lives are full of pain and injustice and hate rather than love. I don't think right and wrong is as clear cut as making a decision to be a good Christian, or Muslim, or Jew, or Hindu or whtever, its about being given the oppotunities in life to be surrounded by love and the good things that come with that that lead to good choices rather than bad ones.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that because a murderer was un-loved all his life, lived in poverty and was abused or whatever that it's ok for him to do wrong - Of course what he has done is wrong or evil if that's a word you use and he must of course be punished by society - however it doews feed back into his own cycle of being un-loved etc etc. Like I said its not clear cut. So I'm just saying I understand the circumstances of wrong in the murderer's life that led him not to care about whether what he does is right or wrong.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
Why can we do wrong - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy