Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Random Video Thread - Page 7

User Thread
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Julian Beever makes an interesting comment on Art being a valuable, collectible, object for investment and museums.

Clearly the start of the video shows evidence of sponsorship and funding. But by taking the art out of the galleries and putting it literally back onto the street and at the feet of the public, some interesting things occur.

And only one of which is to marvel at the sheer complexity of the work, the time it took to complete, and is then presumably erased (and as an object d'art is symbolically devalued). Thereby mocking the lasting value and permanence of objects, and by implication everything else, including our very lives.
We are simultaneously facinated as much by the impermanence of his artwork (subconsciously reminiscent of our own mortality) as by the skill of the artist himself.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here is something very uplifting. I give you "Bulletball".
This video appears to have been removed

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 68yrs • F •
oooooh, ouch,
the experience of rejection big-time!
how is this uplifting, please explain...

46yrs • M
In one word, facetious

Otherwise, its uplifting because I am not him. Or perhaps because it makes you want to uplift a razor blade to your wrist.

Ask Sorceress, the Brits claim Americans don't understand sarcasm, I'm wondering if they meant South Africans.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When you tell us you are being sarcastic we can understand what you're on about, just the problem that everyone comes across it that there is no way of telling when looking at what is written whether or not it's supposed to be sarcastic.

I jut couldn't watch that clip, you knew from the moment that he said how much he'd put into it that it was going to be just too cringeworthy.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 68yrs • F •
eeeeuw, Ironwood! ...for adding sarcasm to bigtime rejection, and then talking razorblades too.

46yrs • M
If we can't laugh about life, then pass me the razor blades.

quote:
When you tell us you are being sarcastic we can understand what you're on about, just the problem that everyone comes across it that there is no way of telling when looking at what is written whether or not it's supposed to be sarcastic.

You're not supposed to tell people you are being sarcastic, maybe that's what you brits have got backwards. You find out when you watch.

Cringeworthy indeed, and ewww-riffic. I feel bad for him but, hell, he taught me what not to do, but then again, he may become a zillionaire. Maybe just because people feel sorry for him.

But if a man can twist a peice of wire and make a paper-clip... have the idea stolen, and then that person become one of the richest people to date, then anything is possible.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Idon't think I said that Brits don't understand sarcasm,, I said I generally don't, regardless of whether it's Americans or not. Anyway, I couldn't watch it either, I got as far as him saying it was his point the third time and I just new he was for it, apart from anything else I thought what a God awful boring game!!

I actually cannot watch that program or any of those types of programs, including Pop Idol, Apprentice, and that Super Model one, I just cannot watch them I get too embaraced and emotional for the people involved.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
@ Ironwood: I suppose the sarcasm should be obvious when you watch it, but like sorceress I found it just to embarrassing, especially when the guy being focused on is one of those particular breed of Americans whose over excitement is so irritating to someone like me who exhibits the "typically British" emotional reserve.

And sorceress, Ironwood said that you had said that the Americans don't understand sarcasm not that the British don't.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 68yrs • F •
And here is another cringe-worthy video. But sans sarcasm, this one is really pitiful! (razorblades to be handed out at the end of the ride) ...Enjoy.

46yrs • M
Actually, no, this is what I said.

quote:
Ask Sorceress, the Brits claim Americans don't understand sarcasm, I'm wondering if they meant South Africans.

I did say brits, because I've heard many british people say this about americans as of late.

quote:
the guy being focused on is one of those particular breed of Americans whose over excitement is so irritating to someone like me who exhibits the "typically British" emotional reserve

I don't mind honest passion, but America has turned into a sales culture, its digusting, my current job is dependant upon me having to try to act like that, I despise it, well, that aspect of it, but it has helped me be happier trying to be happier and more energetic. It just feels so forced sometimes. I feel dirty.

Those shows are so awkward and hard to watch that I don't either, but this was so rough, I had to put it on display. It's pretty bad when you could say you would have rather been kicked in the balls then recieve this rejection.

Oh, and for those who couldn't watch it, pussies.

Chiron, thats good shit.

68yrs • F •
And now ladies and gentlemen, after watching the previous cringe-worthy's
(featuring some big-time male cock-up's) …
..I bring you girl power, hehehe.
This one is truly uplifting! She is a real beauty and her winning is all about heart. Just watch her sock it to'em all (shes the one with the pretty white blaze). See how she holds her own against all odds.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
VGL DVD/CD release this year!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M

46yrs • M
Incarcerex

Random Video Thread - Page 7
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy