Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do people assume Alien lifeforms are smarter than us? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
aphfaneire is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does "smartness" really make us better or worse than an possible aliens out there?

Would an alien be better at art, music, or social life than us?
We're the only race on are planet that has the ability to do anything and everything we can think of, whos to say and alien cant do the same and even better.

Intelegence cant be measured by us so how can it be by aliens?

People with an intelectual disability (i.d) can be smarter than any one of us but thier iq and social ability or general understanding of life can be severly lacking, its the dumb people in the middle that are lucky, at least they can make love, hate people, appriciate music and art.

The dumb dont have to solve quantum physics, and why should every alien be able to?

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why is it we think we're smarter than our selves thats the real question

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thus brings to the main point of smartness is a man's ideal of civilness and superiority. If you think about it, smartness is judgemental and to judge is to materially think and thus can be always more of it. We're still thinking materiallisticly look yourself in the mirror, who's subliminally smarter, you or yourself? Who are you tricking by saying who's smarter? Somaticly, people live their lives like this sadly never realizing the truth until death or, realizing to late to enjoy the real pleasures of life in a spirtual sense of self enlightenment of levels of sasisfaction.

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is highly possible, if not extremely likely, that according to probability there is other life in the universe. However, considering that it took the human race around 40,000 years to develop technologies such as SETI, imagine the likelihood that another race across the universe is doing exactly the same thing, at the same time as we are? We could have missed an intelligent race by a thousand years. Also, we ourselves could have been colonised by humble microbes, which lead to life on earth, according to a theory known as panspermia. And you are fogetting that humans in themselves, are not that intelligent.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People assume alien life form is smarter than us because people believe--and there is substantial proof--that UFOs exist thereby proving that a more intelligent life form built the UFOs.

Personally, I've witnessed a UFO so I am certain that they are 100% real. My theory is that the aliens piloting the UFOs are immensely intelligent but incredibly dumb in interpersonal relationships. Think of a nerd on steroids.

They are observing us because they are perplexed and intrigued by man's emotional structure.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 62yrs • M •
purple burtle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Maybe we assume that they are smarter because we hope that they are. Our futile attempts to detect life out there, may come to nothing. Let's hope something smarter than us has more luck in the search.

""I didn't get where I am today by thinking." - C.J."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
With the size of the universe and the amount of planets capable of sustaining life, the chances are there is other life i doubt if there's any "smarter" as aliens would have evolved completely separate to our own paths.( if i comet didn't hit earth and wipe out the dinosaurs would we as mammals have over throned the reptiles.)

As the universe stretches galaxy s are pulled apart so the chances of discovering intelligent life fades quickly.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Within the scientific community there is no such bias that alien life would be of any given intelligence. I think you would find that the entire community would just as celebratory over the discovery of a microbe.

But that would not make for such an interesting movie as Praetor previously pointed out.

85yrs • M •
RihannaFan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think if there are alien life forms out there, there will be some that are more intelligent than we are, and some that are less so.

Humans are a relatively young race (about 200,000 years) in the grand scheme of the cosmos (about 14 billion years) so it makes sense to assume there could be other races that have spent a lot longer developing and have reached a much higher level than we have.

But at the same time there could be other humanoid races out there which are only in the caveman stages right now, and likewise I'm sure there may be planets out there with non-humanoid life on. Perhaps those are the most intelligent of all!

Why do people assume Alien lifeforms are smarter than us? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy