Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Pouky
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

There is No God and You Know It - Page 2

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Summit I don't speak your language and it is obviouse you don't understand me when you claim that I know that there is no God and I should admit it. You obviously can't explain that any more than I can prove to you that there is a God - and I'm really not interested in proving to you that there is a God. But you must doubt your own belief as you keep seeking some kind of proof.

I believe in God and that's all you're going to get from me, that's all I can give you.

As far as the earth goes, that I know of, they have gone back 400 thousand years.

To me Genesis and all the other creation stories, are just that - stories, but they are important stories, because they tell us something about us. For instance: God breathed into us the breath of life and we became a living being. God didn't do that with any of the other creatures on this earth and clearly we are very different from all the other animals, I find things like that facinating, things you would miss, as you don't believe in God.

Why would you assume that I think the earth is a few thousand years old - assumtions are not logical or scientific, but prejudicial in nature. In the military they taught me to never assume anything, to assume makes an ass out of you and me.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The title of this thread is quite contradictory to the statements made in it. It´s quite laughable to make the statement that atheism is logical while theology is illogical. And before anyone comes in with questions I am not going to give proof that there is a God because we all know there is no such proof. No one can prove the existence of God. However, as far as science, logic, and reason are concerened, agnosticism is the most logical choice for a scientist as any real scientist would never say there is no God but would rather state that the information and knowledge we have at this time is inconclusive at best for now. Atheism is no more scientific an opinion than theology as far as logic is concerned. Just thought i would point that out.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
There is No God and You Know It - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy