Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is it wrong to be multi-religious? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I have had an encounter with God. As real as any other encouter with a human being

I never said anything about the existance of God, im surprised that if youv'e truly had an experiance with God why you are still of the view that Christianity is the only true religion

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why are you surprised?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • M •
Because there is no such thing as an 'exclusive' Christian God or a 'Muslim' God...it's ok good to beleive in your choice of religion but if you truly claim to have tasted what God feels like then really that should have surpassed the boundries of religion.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Religion is really bad, it tells you lies: I'm an atheist and Im living a happy life. You can say this is an illusion but I THINK im happy so does it matter what I think is real and what 'true hapiness (finding god)' is?

Pete or any believer, tell me: If a child grows up on an island without ever coming in touch with any form of religion, will he believe in god?

48yrs • M •
quote:
Because there is no such thing as an 'exclusive' Christian God or a 'Muslim' God...

And what is the basis for that statement? You yourself are making an exclusive statement!

Jesus never called us to be religious. Religion will suck the life out of you. Jesus calls us to a relationship. It is out of love that we follow him. Just as out of love you do what you can to please your wife or loved ones - even if that means being inconvenienced.

48yrs • M •
quote:
I'm an atheist and Im living a happy life.
What makes you happy?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Pete or any believer, tell me: If a child grows up on an island without ever coming in touch with any form of religion, will he believe in god?

Yes - When I was 16 I worked in a nature center and there I found God in nature and a person deserted on an island found God, wrote poems about it and Neil Diamond sings them. You should ask yourself why you feel "religion is really bad." I'm sure if you investigate this closely you will discover that people can be really bad, religion is just a belief.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol sense would tell you that believing in all the religions is not a bad idea, cause who knows what happens after death and what is the right religion at death? no on knows. though this quote made me think a lil... heheheh

"Tis a pity that man kind is controled by good and evil; God and the Devil" its something like that, i have to write it down when i see it.. lol

kinda exitentialist, but it makes sense.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 48yrs • M •
In response to your question about people on a desert island not having any religious influence would still be able to know God. I found this response on CARM.org:

What about those who have never heard the Gospel?
That is a good question. The Bible says that God is a just God. We know that whatever He does is right. When it comes to those who have never heard the Gospel, He will do what is right, whatever that is. But as for you, you have heard the Gospel and He will judge you according to how you respond. He is calling you to repentance, to turn from sin and come to Him.
Romans 2:11-16 speaks about those who have never heard the Law of God, and how they will be judged according to the law that is written in their hearts. The Law written in their hearts is the knowledge of right and wrong. Perhaps God's judgment of those without a proper knowledge of Him is included there where it says that they will be judged according to their own consciences that "bear witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them." All I know is that God will do what is right, and the only way to have your sins forgiven is through Jesus.

35yrs • M •
Why do you think that Christianity is the only true religion? What proof do you have? There is only one God, who can be accessed through religions other than christianity.

64yrs • M •
I don't think everyone will agree about what the gospel is? To me the gospel is:

quote:
Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. (kjv)

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.(kjv)

On this earth the senses do not know God, but know what God has created. To love the creation is to love the creator. How can you say you love God and not love what God has created. For us this is even made simpler, we just have to love eachother.

This is the gospel and all the major religions teach this - I even just recently found this same teaching in the Book of Mormon. Jesus told us to do this and we should. but we will fail, for this reason Jesus gave of himself, but we must try as we were commanded. If you do this, I doubt very much that you will be judged unworthy on the judgement day.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Both Jews, Muslims and Christians have roots that can be traced back to Abraham. And religion is bad because it's an easy excuse or war. Only if there was 1 world religion it would be positive

64yrs • M •
The communist didn't need religion to start a war and Budhists that I'm aware actually prevented a war or two.

Humanity is in a bad way - we will have war for whatever reason - if we have to, we will say, God told us to, just ask Bush - However the Onion reports that it was actually Cheney using the office loudspeaker. Further it is reported that critics blast Bush for not being religious enough.:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46938

[  Edited by okcitykid at   ]
 35yrs • M •
Follow and practice one religion if you must, but if you are unable to respect other religions and beleif systems then that is just pathetic.

48yrs • M •
It depends on what you mean by respect. If it means accept them as all equally valid then I strongly disagree.

Is it wrong to be multi-religious? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy