In order to be free, you must first know that you are free, and then you must believe it, because what you know is what you are and what you believe is who you are. - ravenclaw
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am God in that i'm all knowing.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats my middle name then?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
George,

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God is to me an entity that exists everywhere and within every atom, the unseen force existsing deep within the most minute of particles acting upon them and binding them together.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 40yrs • M •
thats it!

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Someone once told me God is an imaginary friend for adults. You can believe in that or not. As for me, i dont doubt there is a God, but i dont know if he speaks or listens. From what i read and learned from teachers, the human race is blessed with a seed of darkness. It even states in the bible
quote:
The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done. Genesis 8:12

Think about it. Then wonder, why.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think god is something humans created for comfort, explanations, and something to put responsibility on other than themselves.

"How am I not myself?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that the great focy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm GOD bitch bow to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
God is to me an entity that exists everywhere and within every atom, the unseen force existsing deep within the most minute of particles acting upon them and binding them together.

I think I can believe that - though nobody knows, I think that sounds most logical to me.

quote:
Think about it. Then wonder, why.

ref:
quote:
the human race is blessed with a seed of darkness.

Its true - look at the ugly things we do - it makes a body wonder.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
hey u know, how we feel confident and certain of certain things.. but we also have the side to us that says we may be decieved by even things that seem certain.. so tyou think god can think like that?? casue if he feels so certain (that hes all knowing) isnt there a chance that he can be decieved?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
hey u know, how we feel confident and certain of certain things.. but we also have the side to us that says we may be decieved by even things that seem certain.. so tyou think god can think like that?? casue if he feels so certain (that hes all knowing) isnt there a chance that he can be decieved?

Analysis:

(1) Happy state of mind
(2) Intent to spread happiness
(3) Sense of respect
(4) Determination to achieve, but flawed at the last gate by ego.

Solution:

Try 'non-thinking' when in this state of mind and answers will become clearer.

""No words""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to me, god is simply what is. the energy of the universe that everything is a manifestation of. the only reason we think that god is something apart from us, or that we exist seperate from one another is that we have been fooled into believing that as individuals we are defined by our egos. our consciousness has developed in such a way that we are unaware of the unity of all things, and so we define ourselves in terms of what seperates us. we define our personalities by our thoughts and emotions, which are not truly who we are, they are just aspects of our egos. what we truly are is that which is aware, not the incessant voice in our heads, but that part of us which is aware of that voice. so, god is you and everything around you. no matter where you go or what you do you are listening to god. the question is not whether or not you should listen, but how you should interpret what you hear.

41yrs • M •
Hmm...science is going way to quick nowadays. To be simple; lets say that these contemporary views probably stem from physicists. We had relativity; wicked. It showed us some truths at our "scale" - that is the macroscale. Then we had quantum mechanics. The lovely whacky world of quanta! Showed us how we knew so little. Had scientists wrapped up in mystery--whats all this new stuff they said.

They all got excited and came up with crazy and genius solutions. It seemed these particles behaved differently. Some even said it were as if at the subatomic level that there was a kind of intuition between particles. So...a new religious theory is born. God works at the subatomic level and we perceive at the macroscale. Relativity and quantum mechanics must meet at some point; but hey no-one can find it. Big gap in understabding. Remains mysterious. There's a clear difference between 'us' and 'them'. God must be them which composes us and we must be part of God. La de da.

Where's the next new thing coming??? I need something fresh. Maybe we are just tape players....mind body, every action, etc. Maybe Gods the observer, us, existing as nothing, or peace.

""No words""
 40yrs • M •
noi, i was sying stince we can feel and possibly be decieved even with confidence of knowing.. cant god feel and possibly be decieved when he feels so confident that he knows everything??

[  Edited by patape at   ]
 41yrs • M •
Is God infinite or finite?

""No words""
God? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy