I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face. - Johnny Depp
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what's the logic in x dying for our sins? - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Decius your intelligence astounds me. Instead of actually making a reply to back up your statement you choose to call me an idiot. You should be a lawyer.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Innocent until proven guilty. The onus is on you to disprove it. God is the author so take it up with Him

How did "god" write the bible? It has no physical being, but if you say that the bible was inspired by "god" then you can argue that every book must have been inspired by god, so why not worship steven king novels, or Harry Potter books? Nobody's worshiping steven king's works as scripture, so therefore the bible must have been written by man, which makes it fallible, and influenced by the beleifs and sentiments of the author.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
but if you say that the bible was inspired by "god" then you can argue that every book must have been inspired by god

How are the two concepts related? If God inspired the Bible then you think He also inspired the Satanic Psalms?

quote:
so therefore the bible must have been written by man, which makes it fallible, and influenced by the beleifs and sentiments of the author.

The Bible was written by man in the way that an author might dictate his work.

quote:
so why not worship steven king novels, or Harry Potter books?

Undoubtedly some people do worship those books.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
How are the two concepts related? If God inspired the Bible then you think He also inspired the Satanic Psalms?

The point is that I can go out right now and write a book and say HEY LOOK THE BOOK OF GOD! HE INSPIRED ME TO WRITE IT! 2000 years later people worship the bullshit I wrote! Meanwhile Im hanging out with Buddha and laughing my ass off. (sarcasm...)
There are 1000's of contradictions I have seens and read about in the bible! If you want proof go and Google it yourself! Just type "Bible Contradictions" and you will get a shit load.
quote:
The Bible was written by man in the way that an author might dictate his work.

Take note of the word "might".

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 37yrs • M •
quote:
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
Can you prove that the Bible is not?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

Innocent until proven guilty. The onus is on you to disprove it. God is the author so take it up with Him

Innocent until proven guilty? This has nothing to do with innocents... It is about logic. Under your statement Islam and Buddhism and Christianity and EVERY OTHER RELIGION are all right since they can't be proven wrong!

Please notice that all religions cannot be correct....
But they all can be incorrect.

Much <3

37yrs • M •
quote:
You're an idiot ethereal. You're a troll. Only trolls expect logic without giving any themselves. Go away.

You can't prove you're not a troll. I believe you have weird hair and are very short and have hairy feet. I don't believe you are a human because a human could not possibly be as stupid as you.

Since you cannot prove me wrong, I am right.

Ethereal is a troll. God said so. I found a piece of paper with it written on it.

OMFG LOL

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^The Almighty is the author of the bible, because there must be a balance. A right and a wrong; he gives you the right and the wrong so that choices can be made. Nobody has the right to tell another being if he has the truth or not, because all is truth, it just takes time to overstand it. The bible is not contradictory in no way, it's a book of enlightenment, you see where man has his own input in it making it harder for future generations. and you see where the almighty puts his own fingerprints in it so that the select few will catch an overstanding of it.

When you look at it without judgement and without and preconcieved notions you will see that the fall of man is only himself. Man only wants power, and the almighty does nothing but show you his power and the futility to fight against it...and his power is love, light, truth, and righteousness..Simple!!!..

"Being is not knowing!"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
man's son is man 2.
lions son is lion 2
gods son must b a god 2. or atleast sum next kinda life form

how can he die like us. and if god wanted us 2 b good, and not sin, he cud fuckin well do it. all this talk is makin me feel that god is kinda powerless or confused.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
The point is that I can go out right now and write a book and say HEY LOOK THE BOOK OF GOD! HE INSPIRED ME TO WRITE IT! 2000 years later people worship the bullshit I wrote!

Sure you can. Many people have already done that. What people lack is the connection to God. The Bible is not true because it claimed to be 2000 years ago. The Bible is true because the author of it is still alive and has told me and many others that this is the case. I expect much ridicule for this statement but I know that it is only because those who find it laughable have never experienced it.

quote:
There are 1000's of contradictions I have seens and read about in the bible!

How seriously have you examined these contradictions? Most are not actually contradictions at all but rather misquoted or out of context information.

quote:
It is about logic. Under your statement Islam and Buddhism and Christianity and EVERY OTHER RELIGION are all right since they can't be proven wrong!

Whos says you cannot prove Bhuddism or another religion false?

[/quote]Since you cannot prove me wrong, I am right.[quote]

But I can prove you wrong. My entire existence proves you wrong.

And Decius as an administrator you should delete your post and Zato's repsonse to it as they add nothing to the thread.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wrong.
quote:
You're an idiot ethereal. You're a troll. Only trolls expect logic without giving any themselves. Go away.

You can't prove you're not a troll. I believe you have weird hair and are very short and have hairy feet. I don't believe you are a human because a human could not possibly be as stupid as you.

Since you cannot prove me wrong, I am right.

Ethereal is a troll. God said so. I found a piece of paper with it written on it.

this is an attempt to ''poke holes in your case'' as such complely voiding it, leaving him room to say, ''there is no reason, so it didnt happen''. it worked.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
And in MY version, there is something on the back written in a language I don't understand. It might be scribbles, but I'm certain God wrote it just to me

God wouldn't say that to you and not me. And your arguement is that of a person who murders and then insists that God told him to. God doesn't do things to make people hate other people or to give people reason to feel superior over another.

quote:
you can't prove me wrong.

You're right because you're a closed minded person who will not bother to accept any evidence that goes against what you currently believe

37yrs • M •
quote:
Sure you can. Many people have already done that. What people lack is the connection to God. The Bible is not true because it claimed to be 2000 years ago. The Bible is true because the author of it is still alive and has told me and many others that this is the case. I expect much ridicule for this statement but I know that it is only because those who find it laughable have never experienced it.

You know.. there are people out there that have been told to murder their own children by God supposedly.
Its called Insanity. Although a strong belief in anything may influence you to think that God tells you things. Im sure their are many Islamics who have heard the words of their own God also. I think it is all just a bunch of Bullshit.

quote:
How seriously have you examined these contradictions? Most are not actually contradictions at all but rather misquoted or out of context information.

Im no scholar but I have done alot of homework over the last few years in debates with my local churches that I used to attend. I told just Google is and you will find contradictions. I can vouch that there are quite a few contradiction that are missinterpreted which directly corresponds to decius idea on the Bible. But there are alot that I have asked about through the church. One day I went up to the pastor with a packets of 100's of contradictions and they took it and said they would get back to me on it. Later I found out they were thrown away because "They didn't want any trouble."
Im not going to sit here and look them up for you simply because I think I would rather die than try. But you can go over them yourself they are not hard to find at all.

quote:
Whos says you cannot prove Bhuddism or another religion false?

I guarantee that you can't. Just like you can't prove God does or doesn't exist.

37yrs • M •
quote:
You're right because you're a closed minded person who will not bother to accept any evidence that goes against what you currently believe

If anyone is close minded here it is you.
And what evidence would that be exactly?

39yrs • M •
quote:
You know.. there are people out there that have been told to murder their own children by God supposedly.

God doesn't tell people to murder eachother. People are just too afraid to take responsibility for their actions and will say "God told me to" or "the Devil made me do it".

quote:
Im sure their are many Islamics who have heard the words of their own God also.

But do they know who their god is?

quote:
I guarantee that you can't. Just like you can't prove God does or doesn't exist.

I cannot prove that God exists but He can. Believe me I wish it was a simple matter to just perform a miracle or two. But you choose not to find God and so you don't. If you were open to His existence then you would find out for sure.

quote:
If anyone is close minded here it is you.

How so? I challenge you to give me reason to doubt my beliefs. Decius on the other hand just mocks me and assumes that he is right because he said so.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If you were open to His existence then you would find out for sure.

that he isnt real

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
what's the logic in x dying for our sins? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy