The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous. - Rabindranath Tagore
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Should the US become the next major empire? - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, I would say that would make us an empire officially. Whether it would work or not is another question.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh dude funk that it would work. i say go for it, we should propose this to W, hes crazy ass would love it.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you think it would work? if not why...i am quite interested in the study of the future of America, after all we are a country in decline from glory.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
I think that if we tried it, unless Canada and Mexico did something completely out of the ordinary, like threaten biological warfare or genocide or something, what's left of the world that isn't already hostile towards us would become so. And harp on all you want about nuclear weapons and advanced technology, a country can't win when faced with global oposition.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Canada and mexico are already america's bitches. Why spend money taking them over. And america is already an evil empire. Look at Iraq, hiroshima, and their bullshit views of the world. They actually belieave that ordinary citizens should own guns. Well their empire is crumbling as their economy is falling into an unmanageable hole.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
Well I don't know about Mexico, but yes that seems to hold true for Canada. And I fully agree that we are an evil empire, we just don't say we are. All hail the crumbling economy.... or something like that.

44yrs • M •
i do believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions, i however have my own problems with the US, but i would not go so far as to say it is evil. The capitalistic government does one really good thing though, and thats promote the individual that desires to do well.

People say the US is evil, but look at some of the other governments, that ones that use civilians as sheilds, or civilians as hostages to get thier own soliders to fight for a cause they do not believe in.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
as much as i agree with the notion that america is evil, to cite that they think every citizen should hold a gun is a stretch. you can not claim control when it is options they are giving, regardless of how extreme it may be. the option to carry concealed weapons as opposed to a LAW requiring everyone to carry one. but either way i agree on the whole.
upon further meditation, fuck canada and mexico..they give us what? canadiens and mexicans... haha fuck that lets get asia and europe... you see now we have culture,hardwork, and TONS of people as opposed to hockey, third world countries, and poverty.
sorry if i have offended anyone but the truth hurts

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok but gun ownership is encouraged. Things like gun week or NRA or just simply being placed in their constitution.

And, just because there are more evil governments doesn't make a less evil government not evil. Isn't it ironic that United Nations, an association dedicated to peace in the world, is placed in a country that is in an unnecessary war. For what reason? Weapons of mass destruction that were never found.

Now I have to admit the general American population are good people like most nations. It's just those in charge that makes them look bad, like most nations. In Canada we don't believe in violence. Hence why we created the idea of UN peacekeepers.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
agreed on all accounts. where theh ell si this thread going? i love tangents

48yrs • M •
sy nyt is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
believe it or not the u.s. is already in persuit of world domination.

44yrs • M •
quote:
believe it or not the u.s. is already in persuit of world domination.

How did you come to that conclusion, granted the US is trying to expand capitalism, but world domination?

"What is true power?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, right the Only countries accepting capitalist control in their sovereign states are allowed to exist?
Sounds like a goal of world domination to me? What I can't figure is how people can think of the USA as a Christian nation?
I guess people need a scapegoat to blame their ills on.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sounds like some one who thinks that they know what is beat and is willing to hurt dome one for the greater good. the irony in this is... well, let me start here. Machiavelie was and old pholosipher of government. esseintially he said that the end justifies the means, think about that. ok, read on. when we created our government, the founding fathers, we said that we would never be like that. and now we are.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tend to agree with you on that one. We have become that which our forefathers fought so desperately to throw off that yoke. Guess the joke on them, eh?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Should the US become the next major empire? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy