Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can War be a good thing? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not back then, and the only reason why we dont sound german is because when the french took over they couldn't pronounce the old english, so they adapted it. they would have tuaght the english french, but they were all stupid.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
words do not make men great, only gives them greater possibilities.
however along with possibility there is not included a manual on how or how not to use it.
language was created by men so that they could survive, ironically language(not limited to just words but relay of thoughts as a whole) have brought upon war and divide.
i feel extremely ungreatful knowing we have to have war, but since war exists, and as long as i live in America, i feel liek war is a good thing.
However im sure our views would differ if we lived in africa where they have had civil war for hundreds of years. or we lived in a country like the middle east where we are benig helplessly bombed because we neighbor with religious extremists.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 35yrs • M
i think it is an evil i am willing ti except.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well maybe you should inlist. Someone needs to fight these wars...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
regretfully.. i am scared of dying.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When it comes to fighting the fear of dying is present in everyone, its just that when the cause is suffecient, or we believe strongly enough, humans act insanly, and will fight to the death.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
i disagree with they act insanely, i know many sane people who are in the military. For alot of people history of our country means something to some people, and if war is what it costs to defend our country then some poeple feel like it is there responsibility so people like us can enjoy the country.
Why live here and molest your freedom that people have died for us when you cant take the risk of dying for others to do the same.

35yrs • M
it is part of my freedom to choose not to. and if i felt like i had lived a life good enough, i would.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Having been in the military, this is a question I have asked myself many times.

I believe that there are times when having a war can save more lives then it kills, and such a case would make war a good thing.

Example - Iraq really did have WMD and intended to use them against us, but that wasn't what happened, but some people believed it. The same could be said about Vietnam - some people believed communism was going to take over the world.

It is a crime to innocense when one or a group will bear false witness to such an extent that it creates a war.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
kinda like iran?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you let Iran or Syria become yesterdays Iraq, then you are letting yourself be fooled twice in one life time.

If you step out ot the box you will clearly see that the real threat to the world is the U.S.A.

While we're being the bully on the block, the rest of the world is trying to catch up so that we can't keep pushing them around.

We will have spent 500 billion in defense this year while our closest competitor may only spend 50 billion, while we live in a world of 6 billion, with one third living on a dollar a day. They being willing to blow themselves up for a promise that their family will be taken care of.

We could feed the world and almost end terrorism and it would be cheaper. But war is profitable, that's how those select individuals are able to buy 12 million dollar bras from Victoria Secret.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M
did you know that if they used all their money and employees, disney could have an army the size of ours.

37yrs • M •
not nearly as strong and dedicated tho, size means little, as was proved by our ancestors when they won their freedom from england. it is kinda weird tho. im sure google could start their own army as well.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah I heard Walt Disney was a nazi, but don't quote me.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When i was speaking about acting insanly i did not mean what you think i menat. When one person kills another, especially for the first time, human minds do not handle t well. despite what most people think, to kill is not human nature, to struggle for superioriety is.

"What is true power?"
Can War be a good thing? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy