Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life for people in their 20's - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its difficult to discern between things. does being as like minded as God cause you to become God? is knowledge truly power? or does God have something in which nothing else can? if so, what would that thing be?

conway- i imagine your friends simply did not understand the messege you were trying to convey. to a christian the notion of wanting to be like God is an act of sin, Envy.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Careful not to stereotype too much with the term "Christian" Wyote.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think the idea of wanting to be like god, depends entirley on why you want to be. i had forgotten that Satans crime was that of wanting to be God. but religion tells us to seek truth and understanding, so from that point of view, it is an admirable wish. though i find the point of view that you would be challenging god understandable. i will however conceed that the power would be interesting, it would be nice to make a universe, to understand what was involved, but that truly would be enroaching on gods territory.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Another revelation I had when I was 25 was that, as much as I devoutly believed that truth (to the purest extent) was the single best friction reducer for interactions between people on any level, It simply did not make sense for me to demand it of people. I found that various pressures, perceived or otherwise, prohibit many people from getting past a fear of judgement or retribution for telling the truth. Therefore, I concluded that a far better action for me to take would be to make it easier for people to tell the truth so that truth would be the natural course. If people had no fear of being punished for being honest, many good results could follow. Trust in each other being the first...

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
Life for people in their 20's - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy