Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Infinite universes from Matter and Anti-Matter - Page 3

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Healing energy emitted from my hand, now explain that matter

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philip, you can argue anything into absurdity. I have thosuands of thoughts each day; and most of them are rubbish. I could argue that my imagination projects into my reality, but the whole reason we stopped killing witches on the superstition they were evil was because of scientific reason and logic therewith.

Many religious people say imagination is a bad thing. Well if you believe in it, and never test it; yes it is. But imagination that is then set for something to be tested or verified sets the wise from the foolish in this matter. But imagination is the most important thing we have for it creates new things; the challenge, however, is to determine fact from fiction.

For a simple example, I could say the law is pointless, laugh and never regard it. That is foolish. Because then you emit knowledge disregard knowledge perhaps on a belief or incling, but more importantly you miss something along the way. Here's the logic; read the lines and then between the lines.

""No words""
 33yrs • M •
Nothing is rubbish. Everything and everything that comes from our minds is real. Hence healing, reiki, astral projection, chi kung, phycoanaylitical imagery therapy, scientology, mind washing, mind wiping, examples from Jesus and Moses.... Science is imagination once people accept then we can move on as a whole.

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 41yrs • M •
Philip,

I have been to yoga classes. during this time I began to feel more than human; i.e. a kind of aura of peace and power. I put this down to the environment I was in and the belief that this was real. I have also been in the countryside for some time on my own. And I began to feel a oneness with the mountains and the rocks and I could almost feel myself moving sometimes without effort.

I have dwelt on the possibility of other things for somerime. And there may be truth in some of these. But to sugest that this is really new, spiritual stuff, of extra dimensions, I think is really conditioned by the environemnt your in. Hence, voodoo is popular in Africa and healing is popular in evangelical circles, as witchcraft was popular in the dark ages.

But I really don't think that everything and anything that comes out of the mind is real. for the simple reasons that if I believe you are a witch and need to be killed and you believe you are a healer of good nature and need to live; or better still if you believe I am a carrot and I believe I am a tree; clearly both cannot be right. Both can be wrong; but both cannot be right fully. This is why law developed. Added to this are the two basic instincts I hbad as a kid; 1 to survive and 2 to have fun. And seeing this is the most unaffected part of my life; I'm sticking by those vices.

""No words""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can understand Philip's belief that everything conceived of the mind is real. As a person who loves to read and write fantasy and science fiction, you can believe that anything you can concieve of can become real, when you consider the fantastic innovative things that have come out of inventers', scientists' and great writers' imaginations, however I feel there is a very fine line between genius and madness.
Look Philip I was 15 once, and I think my imagination was as wonderful as yours, I got sucked into everything, spiritualism, UFOs, OBEs , ghosts, everything, and to a certain extent I still am. But I do think you have to take a large step back and try and take off the rose tinted glasses once in a while and see what you are experiencing from all angles, looking at all the evidence. Otherwise it is hard to tell what is real and what is not. And then its easy to get a bit lost and not be able to see the wood for the trees!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
Everything and everything that will be and has been is coexistant with reality. All knowledge is here and always been here, it's the descovery part that makes it new. The universe had always been here, it was just new to us because of the descovery. Everything with the universe exist, it's when you accept and descover it.

One see's diamonds but does not realize it's worth over blood, until he descovers money

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 41yrs • M •
lol, this might be so philip, but you have to 'explore' history to find out why. When, for instance, was money invented? Who invented it? Where was it invented? Surely we must ask these before asking why?

You may note the difference, also, between an invention and a discovery.

""No words""
 49yrs • M •
buff71 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Furie,
Nice - "The universe outside the universe." OK let me start by giving you a little advice: It is not easy to take you seriously when you have so many typos. Proof read before you post. (There are some of us out here who are really looking for good stuff so make it good)
Next by a book called "The Theory of Everything" by Stephan Hawkins. Next look up string theory, chaotic theory, then quantum then the special and general theories of relativity, then the Lorentz uncertainty principle, then the law of thermodynamics then, well yes, there is one more Genesis 1.
Read the book "Genesis and the Big Bang" the book "Decoding the Universe" by Charles Seife, more by Mr. Seife, "Zero," "Alpha & Omega;" a couple more: The Biography of Albert Einstein by Walter Isaacson. Here is a good one for you E=MC^2, or here what is this x^2+y^2=1, or hey, this is a good one: Zeno's Paradox, PI, PHI...
I could keep going but you see "the truth" is already out there you don't have to "try to make it up" theorizing and all. Another one for you: LHC - look it up. Or GRB or heck lets just go for a really crazy one: The Mayan long count calender ending in 2012 (The end of the Universe). Hey what about Al Gore and his Theory (End of the Universe?). Soon we all will have Theories. Well if you would like to know what my "theory" is... well, you will have to ask nice because I haven't provean it yet. It has to do with bananas and a hair dryer...
Ok I got a little off the subject. As you can see though we can come up with our "own" not-so original thoughts but I hate to break it to you. As crazy as you think your "theory" is... its not. It is already out there, and yes in main stream science.
I have one serious question for you though: If you think there is a Universe of Universes, then wound't or couldn't there be a Cosmos of Universal Universes? See how this works there is an infinite infinities. However, no there is not - really. They are all right here in front of us. You just are not in the right time phase to see them. There is no "extra stuff" outside the Universe. That is one of those great things science will never really be able to solve. Why because just after the "big bang," as you refer to, there are no physical properties. At least not any that we can be certain of (read the books listed above). Then on to question two: If Scientists can only find 25% of all the mater in the Universe and the "scientists" now think there is such stuff as "dark mater" then where is it. My theory: Take the banana and eat it ,because you need the potassium to continue thinking long through the night on this one, then when you get up in the morning, after having fell asleep on the computer (I'm sure drooling on the keyboard), forgotten to set the alarm clock, and you run through the bathroom trying to get ready for work. You can dry those pesky protein strands coming from your (obviously waisted) gray matter receptacle just in time to make it to your cubical for another day of BS slave-labor, at some stupid and useless job... OK, well, not really but if you have made it this far through my BS then I apologize. But really, you need to do your homework and stop using 1960's thoughts when you can be using 2006 thoughts like the human genome project stuff... Have fun with REAL science it is out there and yes very cool. Oh, one last thought, be thankful that you are not living in Copernican times you would be hanged you blasphemer! Only GOD knows the real nature of the Universal Universalized Cosmic Cosmo-sis Univertilitstictastical Univerberatingly Unicromitocrimicrolacomictroctican Thingy. COSMIC Wahoooo COSMIC Yeah!

""yes""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey Buff, are you really buff?
First of all, talking of typos, your spelling leaves a lot to be desired!
Secondly, what r u on??
Thirdly, I'm not very good at understanding scientific things, but I try to read some books of (relative) importance. I've read 'A brief history of time' by Stephen (not Stephan) Hawking (not Hawkins) and found it very, very interesting (what little of it I could understand). In the end of the book I thought he made some very good observations;
quote:
"Up to now, most scientists have been too occupied with the development of new theories that describe what the universe is to ask the question why. On the other hand, the people whose business it is to ask why, the philosophers, have not been able to keep up with the advance of scientific theories.
and
quote:
However, if we do discover a complete theory, it should in time be understandable in broad principle by everyone, not just a few scientists. Then we shall all, philosophers, scientists, and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the discussion of the question of why it is we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we would know the mind of God.

Insightful man that Stephen Hawking.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
Infinite universes from Matter and Anti-Matter - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy