This is Joe Public speaking, I'm controlled in the body, controlled in the mind. - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Points on Religion - Page 5

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
good point.

nevertheless, evolution is not a religion. and it is a scientific study, science is based on factual study and reason.

but i think the main reason it is taught is because it does not go against any right given in the constitution.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it is not taught because it is proven...

evolution has so many holes in it.

it is taught because it is science... now before you bash me for saying that, read on.

teaching religion teaches our children that whenever you come to something that you dont know about "god did it" and move on.

teaching science teaches our children to experiment and find stuff out.

concider this:

if we taught religion in our schools, when we found out about electrons, if we ever did... which i doubt we would... we wouldnt question why they act the way they do.... "god makes them do it" for that reason we would not experiment with them and i would not be here sitting in my room with the lights on, a fan running, listening to music that was recorded onto an mp3 player, and typing on this COMPUTER on the INTERNET refuting someones claim that intelligent design should be taught in schools.

THE ONLY REASON INTELLIGENT DESIGN SHOULD BE TAUGH IS TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO WAYS TO LOOK AT THINGS! IT SHOULD BE TAUGHT WITH EVOLUTION

NOTE: "our children" is refering future generations of the world.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know what religion you have experience with but I know that mine encourages asking questions. God gave us minds for a reason we are supposed to figure things out.

The reason they teach evolution in schools is because they are afraid of what would happen if people started to really think for themselves instead of believe a completely unscientific point. An evolutionist will say "we need rocks to confirm the dates of fossils." and then say "we need fossils to confirm the dates of the rocks." How is that learning?

Also Hitler was a devout evolutionist and his planned genocide is consistent with that theory, you accept the theory but not the practical applications of it, how hypocritical

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see religion as a a pillar to lean against. Religion is like manual of life, with instructions, basic intros, troubleshooting points, and contact information. Each religion has its own manual. For some, It makes life easier to follow a set of rules already written that trying to make up your own through trial and error, just like it's better to start a game that already has its rules than sitting down and trying to think of some.

Now whether or not the manuals of major religions are faulty or not is another issue.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M •
Hitler, wether you want to believe it or not, was one of the smartest, if not the smartest man in human history.

Think of what he did in 5 years, then compare it to anyone else.

He united his country during the time of the great depression.

He then took his country out of the HUGE depression.

He masses INSURMOUNTABLE ammounts of money (doesnt matter if it was illegaly, it was still using his genious)

He made the rest of Europe his pawns to gain more and more land and money

He made an entire country of the masses follow a couple thousand nazis.

He created a HUGE army.

He made giant leaps forwards in technology.

He made smart alliances.

His one and only mistake, which anyone would have done back then because we werent really a major power was: Threaten to attack the US.

NOTE: up to the whole war part, the rest of the world was trying to copy hitler.

as to your first paragraph:

God gave us minds so we would make money and give it to him... after all, god is the chruch. read up on the history of religion... christianity is the biggest corrupt one from the begining.

39yrs • M •
I agree that he was a very smart man. But also very stupid. He caused people to hate him that was his real mistake, the man could have talked his way to world domination but he was irrational and impatient.

quote:
God gave us minds so we would make money and give it to him... after all, god is the chruch.

God is not the church the church is His people who are subject to corruption. But if you read the Bible you will find that God cares very little for money. In fact He would rather you not give at all than give because you think you must.

quote:
christianity is the biggest corrupt one from the begining.

When Christianity was founded the church of the time gave up individual possessions in order that they could benefit those without.

55yrs • F •
story is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi I was really interested in the convo you were just having. I am doing postgraduate studies at the moment and doing some research on 'Why people don't go to church.' Would anyone like to send me their story? The email is storiesfromyou@hotmail.com. If it is published I will ask your permission first.

Thank you.

"power made perfect in weakness"
 36yrs • M •
lastresort.. i think you misunderstood what i said. i only gave my opinion on why i think it is taught as opposed to religion, not why i think it ought to be taught.

35yrs • M •
ethereal... you misunderstood... thats why forums suck...

when i was typing

quote:

God gave us minds so we would make money and give it to him... after all, god is the chruch.

i was using a hint of sarcasm when i used the word god...

i was saying god was made up by the church as a way to create money... "god" takes advantage of the unintelligent... notice how whenever the world has a "dark age" there is a HUGE BOOST in religion... google "feudal ages" to learn more on that. and whenever we have a glory age god has little power.... google "renaissaunce" for that... one of the main themes of the renaissaunce was even secularism... the not caring about god.

you will notice that when i used "God" it is only capitalized because it is at the begining of a sentence.

39yrs • M •
Sure some religions were created for money, but God is nevertheless real.

35yrs • M •
Actually, when you look at it, christianity was the only major religion that was created for money...

39yrs • M •
How do you figure that?

Christianity was founded by the Man-God named Jesus Christ. Jesus did nothing to pursue money or to gain it or other material items. Read the Bible before you make such ridiculous claims.

36yrs • M •
maybe not jesus but now they do.

39yrs • M •
Sure there are many corrupt people in all aspects of life religion or otherwise but that does not mean that Christianity was founded to be corrupt. It is also doing a lot of other good things that no one else bothers to see.

36yrs • M •
i never said it was.
and im glad you agree.

Points on Religion - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy