We are the people... without us the country doesn't exist, nor do the leaders - gothabomber
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is Karma Real? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like that view of karma, very good response!

"The truth will set you on fire"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it sounds extremely preachy to me, like its been copied out of a book.

Its common sense surely that if you want to be treated with fairness and respect you have to treat others with fairness and respect. If you want to feel loved then love and show love in everything you do. This is the moral lesson of every faith and philosophy that wants every person to lead a happy and fulfilling life.

Karma seems to me to be natural consequences of all life choices not just a tool for spouting off. Maybe we should all spend more time worrying about this life and let the next take care of itself!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Karma is an idea that has since is birth in ancient india has evolved and spread all around the world. The Hindu culture believes that karma is the fruits of your labour. whatever action you commit will have an effect on you if not this life, the next life. Most buhdists believe that Karma is more the negative results of your actions. They also have added Dharma to represent the positive results of your actions. With wisdom and training most religions say that a person can recieve enlightenment. meaning they will know how to Enhance their dharma and improve upon their karma. The new testament has lots of Ideology that is very similar to hindu and bhudists applications of Karma. I tend to believe that One could get away with replacing the word karma with Cause and effect, but the word karma itself seems like a reasonably neat and tidy expression to fit the Idea.

Edit/Delete

"i have nothing original to say."
 43yrs • M •
that was awsome thank you james lindsay

31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that XFreeGlowStickX is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's hard to say whether or not I believe in Karma. Nothing seriously bad has happened to me, yet I've done some pretty mean things. Still, nothing good has happened to/for me when I do those little "good deeds".

Although, there are funny coincidences that happen to friends of mine after they've done something good/bad. But, that could just be all they are, coincidences.

"There is only one Happiness in life, to Love and be Loved"
 43yrs • M •
this comment is for free glow stick. you should remember that karma like most natural occurances have no real completion. The bad things that you are doing now will not magicaly kick you in the ass tomorow. karma is just the effects of your actions. reincarnation makes it possible to experience the ill effects of your deeds thousands of years after the fact.

43yrs • M •
oh by the way there is virtually no such thing as coincadences. for a coincadence to exist it would imply isolation.

37yrs • M •
a white light is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I do believe if there was an invisible force running through everything and we are reaping consequences. I would highly guess that more people would be passing away. It is true however, if you keep thinking repeatedly of a subject or matter you will eventually see it, feel it or touch it.

there are too many people in the world for karma to be able to be a factor.

"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"this distance between here and there is only measured through how fast you see it in your mind\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\""
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally I see Karma as a sort of ripple or echo affect. You do something crappy to person A, ruins their day, they take it out on person B and so on. The odds of your bumping into z, who will in turn be crappy to you are better than you might think, given that most folks are born, live and die within a 14 mile radius.
Mythical energies in the universe intentionally punishing assholes, I doubt it, assholes tend to prosper. Always have, always will. So if I believe in Karma that way, then Karma is a massive dick.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 75yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cswriter is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I am enjoying a very good life, and I like to believe that is because I paid my dues. Just in case I haven't paid enough dues, I focus on thinking about what I can do for others. Last night I watched a show about people over 90, and all of them were enjoying life and focused on what they could contribute to others.

May I correct the opening post? Life is rewards for our deeds. We are not here to be punished, but because we want to be here. We are here because we are attached to something here, good or bad. If we don't want to return, we have to left go of that attachment.

I should say, I have prayed to wake up dead many times in the past. Once when I was at my lowest point, I saw a cartoon showing a man at the customer service in heaven. He said, "I don't like life. Do you have something else to offer." Okay, my life wasn't so good, but this is life and if we want something better, it is up to us to make the necessary changes, because there is nothing else. And I have read, when we die, we are stuck with how we think and feel at the time. To get from a bad place to a good place, things move a whole lot faster in three dimensional reality, then when we cross over.

"Only when democracy is defended in the classroom is it defended."
Is Karma Real? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy