Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning his Behaviour - Page 17

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it may not be easy, but it requires longer explination, not merely one sentence responses that won't go anywhere.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we are trying, adn we are getting somewhere.and more words does not mean more meaning.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M
you see, trying to prove what sleeping said takes time, adn instead of assuming things, we go little by little. and i belevi that he is in fear and as such slanted towards beleife. that is foolish.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Belief is neutral in terms of fear. It can cause or remove fear.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
fear can cause belief, or fake beleife, and that is what we have been talking about the whole time. the foolishness of just beleving.

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 39yrs • M •
quote:
fear can cause belief, or fake beleife,

There are no fake beliefs. You cannot fake a belief. You may lie and say you believe what you do not. But you cannot have a fake belief it just doesn't exist.

35yrs • M
false faith. i think you have false faith. along with most other christians.

39yrs • M •
Explain yourself. (faith cannot be false either only misplaced)

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
anything can be faked it just requires great skill, yes even faith it just requires as i said great skill and the ability to question anything.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 39yrs • M •
The ability to question anything does not make fake faith. If anything it exposes misplaced faith and is therefore useful in strengthing faith

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
or weaking it, it happened with me, i used to belive in ur god but my faith was tested and i found out that the new path i chose to be much better
It let me make better friends then i would otherwise would have.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • M
in the game final fantasy 10, the main characters go on a pilgramige. (spoiler) they find out at the end of their pilgramige, that it has all been for a faith that was completly fabricated. the faith goes as follows:
thousands of years ago, when machines ruled the world, man became corrupt and self destructive. they created weapons that were capable of destroying all the world. as such, the great)forgot his name i think its) sin came to be. sin was a creature that destroyed cities in single blows. and if we repent for our sins, stop using machines, and pray to the great summons, sin can be destroyed by a summoner. the summoner must go on a pilgramige to gather all the summons, and eventually the final summon. but the final summon is so powerfull that it will kill he/him. the summon will defeat sin and if we have repented enough, sin will disappear... forever.

now sin was real. it did destroy their cities, and the summons did kill it. there were renagades that still used machines, so naturally people balemd sin's revival on them. it makes sense. but that wasnt the case. they wre so scared that they were destined to live a life like that , they blindly accepted tha faith.

you are so scared of the possibility that this is it, you have blindly accepted this faith. they had plenty of evidence, but evidence does not mean truth.

35yrs • M
in the end it was their ability to realize that they were wrong that saved them

39yrs • M •
That's a nice story. Do you mean to base your theology on a video game? When I get to the end of my pilgrimage I'll let you know if I was right or not. The same logic can be applied to you. Are you prepared to deal with the possibility that you are wrong?

35yrs • M
not the game. the story. apperently you have never played a final fantasy, but they are more moving than the bible. and yes, i am prepeaed to accept that i am wrong.

and you have stoped defending god. concede?

Questioning his Behaviour - Page 17
  11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy