You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel. - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Aquatic Ape Hypothesis - Page 2

User Thread
 75yrs • M •
muralman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Even the lowly bacterium will divide and multiply until all the foodstuff is consumed, when they all die. All animals will do their best to ensure their own progeny's survival over all other considerations.

We are more animal than we let on. Our western clothing is nothing natural. It is our custom. The sad thing is we are smart enough to change our ways, but like always, we will wait until environmental pressure make us change our ways.

If we were space folks screwing with the apes, then I can see no reason for the long and mysterious evolution from ape to human. The fossil evidence clearly shows a progression from very primitive hominid through brain size increases to us.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evolution is a concept not physical things or even action. You can't prove evolution because it doesn't truly exist.

What you are referencing is natural selection through time mingled with survival.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 75yrs • M •
muralman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"What you are referencing is natural selection through time mingled with survival."
====================================

Funny, that happens to be what evolution basically is.

On this thread, we are talking about hypothesis how the naked, sweating, upright ape came to be.

If you want to argue against evolution there are topics that address that argument. Do a search.

75yrs • M •
Aquatic apes do still exist. There is a small village on the coast of Japan. In times reaching back beyond memory women have been nude diving into cold waters. They harvest lobsters, crabs, abalone, sea urchins, and oysters. It is as simple as that.

The women (Ama) are more successful at this diving for their greater subcutaneous fat. They dive great depths in frigid water.

There is absolutely no reason to think a nude Australopithecus could not have been doing exactly the same thing.

75yrs • M •
More news in the offing for the swimmer in us. As described in a recent Smithsonian article, the human survivors who survived the great die off 70,000 years ago lived in coastline caves in southern Africa. Found were jewelry, fine specialized tools, ochre, and lots of bivalve leftovers. Yes, they were getting plenty of soft protein from the sea. The caves had been inhabited from 146,000 years ago to 55,000 years ago. That was plenty of time for not only our brain to make that last leap to human, but our bodies too. We became ebony shiny demigods. It must have been a fine existence.

The fact they were eating soft protein reminds me I haven't used that as yet another point for the water loving apes. Shrinkage of tooth allowed enlargement of the brain, as less force was needed for sustenance. What is softer than crab, urchin eggs, and oysters?

29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fish is a massive source of omega 3&6 which is needed to develop a good brain and guess what we have a good brain so i think the theory is true. and i once read in a book in a hospital reception of people that lived on the east coast of South Africa i think which suddenly disappeared about 500 years ago and they ate fish. i am am not certain about the facts because i read it a looooong time ago, but i bet you will find some article on the web about them. they are called the "Strand lopers" which are Africans for Beach Walking people.

I live in South Africa and i would really like if this is proven because it would be nice to know that we developed our brains in my country.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
Aquatic Ape Hypothesis - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy