Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is existence? - Page 2

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thats maybe why 'you' exist. But what creates everything, what creates 'your' thought?

""No words""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
what creates everything, what creates 'your' thought?

thats two different questions.
1. what creates everything?- matter creates everything.
2. what creates 'your' thought?- i've already said- I think, therefore I am. Individual reality.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What creates matter?

Thoughts are not matter!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Petesmith: matter can neither be created nor destroyed. All matter and energy in the universe is conserved. Its called the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy.

What you may have wanted to ask is how was matter created. And the answer to that is extremely complicated, but i'll try to simplify it for you; anti-matter has mass and when mass moves at a high velocity, there is an overall increase in energy. When the two anti-matter particles collide, you will have a strong release of energy that will result in the creation of both "normal matter" particles and "anti-matter" particles.

Thoughts are matter. Thoughts are electrochemical signals running through a chain of neurons and chemicals processing in the brain. Electrochemical signals are forms of energy. Energy is matter and vica versa.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
existance is a product of time

"dont got one"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if YOU can ask the Question "do we exist?" your question presupposes existence. otherwise there would be nothing to question , and no one to ask the question.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 35yrs • M •
cordelllain is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote--summit
2. what creates 'your' thought?- i've already said- I think, therefore I am. Individual reality.

right on!! reality is truly an individual thing, and as such its importance is in how it affects the individual...as was said earlier we cant prove the existence of anything besides ourselves, and so our only link to a "purpose" or "importance" or even "relevance" is throught the assumption that the physical world exists, and/or a concept of the individual as a complete unit for whom reality's only importance is in their own "individual reality"

41yrs • M •
MKHNINJA is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Here's my shot at defining existence. Feel free to rip this definition to shreds.

Existence is the system made up of the sum total of all matter, information, perceptions, energy, events, time and space, and all other known, unknown, or undefined aspects of reality, perceivable or not perceivable, connected by the possible effects they may or may not have on eachother and the emptyness between them.

31yrs • M •
Oblivionbram is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To exist you have to live your life as a human being, expressing your emotions in various ways. But to be human, you need to have emotions. We call ourselves 'human' because we believe that we do have feelings. Actually these emotions are just reactions and are we as ignorant and heartless as all other animals. So, we live to find out that we're but mere replica's of the true human race that never was... The human race that does have emotions...

"Existence does not exist"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That definantly made no fucking sense. Help me out here. Elaborate or something please.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 31yrs • M •
I just read most of you and Hedgehog's convorsation in the other thread. I understand better, but still not completely. I think you should start a entirely different thread and elaborate on your thoughts. I am intrigued.

31yrs • M •
Oblivionbram is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Oblivion, it seems that we do not only share a common nickname, but also a common interest. Thank you. Perhaps I will start a new thread, that should make it easier to explain my thoughts. By the way; lovely phoenix...

31yrs • M •
Actually, i am more intersested in what humanity is capable of achieving during its existance, not so much the existance itself. More or less, i am simply intrugued by your unique veiw. At least, i personally have never heard of something like that before. Don't know if anyone else has.

Haha. Thanks. Is that the angel of Death you've got there?

31yrs • M •
Well, everyone has an individual view. Some keep it simple, others complicated. Even though you might not be interested, I am still happy that my opinion seems to differ greatly.

No, not the Angel of Death, but an Archangel of Arcadia...

What is existence? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy