Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life, Death, Choice - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
PawnPuppeteer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
angelfire: What is your occupation?

"Play life like Chess"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm a history and politics student at Liverpool Uni.

I don't think this generation is going to change all that much. We've been living with dramatic (mostly peaceful) technological change since the end of WW2, so I don't think we're going to see anything too out of the ordinary (apart from new gadgets every 5 years).

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 41yrs • M •
Chesster is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Life itself is improtant Human or otherwise. We all know that weather or not we have a emotional attachment to it is irrelevant, but I should hope that you can feel the pain of a loss as if it were your own

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We cant change human nature. We evolve to adapt to our enviroment, maybe not physically, but mentally we evolve to meet the needs of our society. Genetic engineering isnt going to help our problems, in fact once we find out how to manipulate genes, i promise you people will misuse genetic engineering to further better them selves, or their children from the rest of society. But the human mind can overcome many obsticales.

As seen in the movie Gattica two brothers are born. One is genetically engineered to be a astronaught, the other was born normally. The engineered brother became accepted in society, got a very succesful job at Nasa. The other became a janitor at Nasa, and hoped to become better than his brother. For nights he tirelessly worked his body to the limits with extreme excercises, and studying many books on Nasa. One day, when he felt as though he had done enough, he went to apply for his brothers job at Nasa. He got accepted, and his brother got demoted.

Thus you can see the struggles the human mind has to go through in order to achieve its desires. I do agree though that todays society is corrupted, well the youth mostly. Every day when i go to my school, i see people fighting like animals. People neglect knowledge, in order to be "cool." I was once like that, but one day i picked up a book on philosophy, and I changed. I realized what my true purpose in life is. Now i work tirelessly to gain more knowledge, to become more physically fit, to become more spiritually aware (I dont believe in any religion, but I do believe that there is a universal power that binds the universe together). Now my my goal is to fix todays youth, I dont speak out to the youth, but I speak out to my friends and in turn they will tell their friends. So dont worry about humans becoming more corrupt, I am still on a journey to fix todays youth, and I promise you that humans will be more compassionate in the future.

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
Life, Death, Choice - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy