Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Loving, Kind, Forgiving, Blessing God? - Page 3

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Where would you be today without a bible, hmmm?

The conclusion come to on either side of the scientific argument of the validity of the bible are both lacking evidence. I do not pursue or prescribe to evolutionary theory, for I cannot know such things. Just as I cannot know the bible to be true. Not because of the fact of either one being true or false, but because I do not have all the information necessary to properly determine such things as truths.

I don't think you even understand this concept, as a practicing "believer".

You argued about you controlling your actions, but who controls your feelings and beliefs? How much of your belief is determined by what feels right? And how much of what you feel is right is influenced by your beliefs, and all of your beliefs sources.

If god tells someone to kill someone, should he say yes or no, the bible and commandments say not too, yet this scenario is played out in the bible as well. At what point do you see a contradiction in this?

And seriously, hypothetically or whatever, what do you think your convictions and personal beliefs would be like without the bible and tons of people trying to convince you of these notions?

Do you think that you were born thinking and believing as you do now? Or do you think that there is any chance that other HUMANS had a role in your belief?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
Oh, and here is a question.

According to the bible, the universe revolves around man, or god's intentions with man, right?

Ever heard the term egocentric? And its commonality, as well as even a biblical message trying to fight it? Interesting indeed.

And this next one which I've asked as many others have, is very important. The basis of the argument against, for example only, evolutionism is the "fact" of a design which "obviously" indicates an intelligent creator, right?

Well what created god? By the very argument proposed, such a complicated and even design creating entity could not possibly come from chance, but from design of an obvious creator. So what say you on this?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
Oh, and take a look at the problem with evil thread, and let me ask you, do you prescribe to the notion that god created evil, and please explain how any other possibility exists under a bible's god existing scenario.

And also, do you think the devil has power over god?

46yrs • M

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Romach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think she was trying to get me to answer her, Lefty, but I think I've learned my lesson well.

Loving, Kind, Forgiving, Blessing God? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy