People don't want something or someone to believe in. People want something or someone to believe in them. - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Gay Marraige, For or Against? - Page 3

User Thread
 59yrs • M •
OakShadow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Here's my opinions on the subject, sorry for the length...

Marriage is, and always has been, a function of government in this Nation. Try getting legally married without a state issued marriage license, or try getting legally married by someone not duely authorized by the state. Many ancient cultures thought homosexual marriage perfectly acceptable. The thoughts that gays are somehow inherently "evil" or "sinning" did not arise until the Abrahamic religions developed as well.

The government of the US certainly should not dictate who Church's marry, and the Church should not be able to dictate who gets married in a court-house. There is that pesky 1st Amendment in our Constitution, the one Christian Fundies hate so much, that forbids laws based solely on iblical scriptures. Just because some people attach a religiousness to their marriage in no way shape or form gives title of ownership to the word, or practice. The concept of marriage has been around since before any organized monotheastic religion came into being.

Opposite-gendered marriage will remain, and has remained in areas that allow homosexuals the equality of marriage, absolutley uinaffected. Massechusetts, for example, has the lowest divorce rate in the Nation.

There is simply no valid, secular arguement against same-gendered marriage. Using pedophiles, a group all people see as reprehensible, to homosexuals does not work. The American Pschological Association does not link homosexuals with pedophiles. The former is a generic term describing someone's gender affiliation, the latter is classified as a mental disorder. Pedophiles never develope a meaningful relationship with another adult, therefore they are not classified as homo- or heterosexual. This is a demogogering slippery-slope arguement.

34yrs • F •
what2556 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People can't help being attracted to other people of the same sex, It's just something their mind makes up for them.

The only thing that they can do is not act upon what their mind is telling them is right.

It's kinda like if a guy likes a girl or vis versa, he can't just tell himself not to like her. He can not act upon it but his mind will still tell him that he is still atracted to her.

So I guess I just have to say that I'm not against it. I just see it as a big deal.

Gay Marraige, For or Against? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy