Music is the key to all emotions. For example: a sad song automatically makes you sad. If you seek happiness, play a song you enjoy most. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

There will never be a timemachine. - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
seektruth750 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If our technology ever gets advanced enough for us to either travel faster than the speed of light, or to redirect light that has been emitted from Earth back to Earth so that we could "see the past", I just cross my fingers in hopes that our culture and sense of responsibility has advanced as well and we realize better than to go messing with the past.

"Never be too timid or squeamish, all life is an experiment."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
730, yes, time and speed, distance etc only seem to exist because of the existance of matter, but light does move-duh!

Wat do u mean by.....
quote:
If the perfect movement was found which is stopping
?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^^When looking at a rotating wheel moving at over 200 miles per hour, the rim seems to be motionless is it because you're hypnotized? or is it because the rotations are so quick it seems to just stand still?..It looks like it's stopped right?

We all heard that everyday the foundation of a building shifts, but it moves so slow that it seems like it stands still doesn't it? It looks like it's stopped right?

So therefore what else could the perfect motion be? Going too fast you seem to stop, going too slow you seem to stop and the extreme (which is only what perfection is) has to be stopping!

Perfection is the extreme you go to when you find a thing incomplete!....

Perfect movement? Stopping?...Yes..

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
PsI-X is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that a physical machine that will allow us to travel in time is an impossibility. Since it is theoreticaly proven mathematically that time can move forward and backward, then we would have to adjust the frequency of our minds to move forwards. Since time can move forward and backward, it proves that our futures are already decided,. Im not talking about 1 fixed path for each person, i mean an infinite possibility of futures but we have to choose a path. Like flipping a coin, 2 paths of future is created. If our futures are decided that means that they have already happened but not at our current point of consiousness. So basically, we have to tune our mind to another times frequency and just remember wats going to happen in the future. Same kind of theory would go for time travel but linking to a point in time and actually being there instead of remembering something that happend.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
time is a concept developed by humans, true. however, light is real and moves at 3.0 x 10^8 m/s . this is why when we see the stars, we see them as they appeared thousands, millions, or billions of years ago - the # of lightyears away from us .

"www.starforsaken.com"
 35yrs • M •
Lol 730, I had the exact same idea about 'perfect motion' in my head. But I saw that the same rule applies to everything else as well. To much of anything will eventually result in negative.
However, I do not think perfect motion is when it wppears to 'stop', as after appoearing to stop, it will appear to go backwards

38yrs • M •
^^ahhh true....but like you said, 'too much of One thing is never good'...Why go over the limit? then you would start the wheel all over again, the perfect movement can only be stopping because it's the balance of everything....

And no Light doesn't move..........the way light is how many trillion or whatever miles away is how it's supposed to be.. What does the reality of something else have to do with your own reality....concern on what you see and not what you want to see....the movement of light is the abscence of darkness, that's the only thing! Light can't move it just is, just like darkness!......

Like I said, man makes things too damn complicated, you guys need to go on vacation in a box and reflect on what you see, not what you 'think' you know....

And by the way how do you know the speed of light? you relied on a book, or something some scientist researched or something of that sort right?....Immitation! like I said before...look at what you see and not what you want to see, you'll get confused!...

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
According to the equations of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity (the best theory of time and space we have), there is nothing in the laws of physics to prevent time travel. It may be extremely difficult to put into practice; but it is not impossible. Much thought is required on this, I'd like to get back to it at some point however...

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It *only* requires going faster than the speed of light.

Which doesn't work.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The speed of light and the idea of time travel seem to be intertwined somehow... Yet i dont see why. Light goes at X speed and we know of nothing that is faster but what does that have to do with time travel?
I know some of you will point out that we see things far away as they were in the past because that light takes time to get there- so if we move away faster than light an look back we will see things as they were- big stinkin deal that is not time travel.
We have all sorts of crazy theories on what might be but nothing solid to work with. Certainly we need some speculation to kick start research but is anyone else sick to death hearing about Einstiens theories? So much stock is put into them and other theories build on these but a lot of it is yet to be proven or eveb tested. So until a time machine is invented time will be a one way street.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A time machine can exist if you want to go into the future. However a time machine to the past is impossible. If someone ventures into space and travels at moderately fast speeds they will age at a slower rate than those back home. So after a trip of lets say a year the people at home will have aged 2 years. Thus the traveler goes a year into the future.

35yrs • M •
730, do you mean that we should disregard every piece of knowledge, be it the thousands of years of science, philosophy or biology?

'Darkness' of such, does not exist. To us, absence of light is dakrkness, but if you look through infra red rays, u'll instead see ultra violet rays.
I see infront of me light as it 'is', but I know that that light is coming from the sun.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If one were to travel at the the speed of light, wouldnt everything around that body cease movement? But then how could we travel faster? (thats a question, not a denyal)
And the constuction of a time machine would rely solely on the manipulation of black holes...a very dangerous proceedure
And light is always there, yes. Total darkness does not exist...feel free to correct me on that one if you see fit though, just a thought.

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"So much stock is put into them and other theories build on these but a lot of it is yet to be proven or eveb tested. So until a time machine is invented time will be a one way street."
Einstein's theories were proven correct (at least better than Newton's theories) because it accurately predicts the orbit of Mercury and accurately described the path taken by light during an eclipse.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 38yrs • M •
"730, do you mean that we should disregard every piece of knowledge, be it the thousands of years of science, philosophy or biology? "

^^basically yeah.....I'm not saying diregard the ability to learn, and I'm not saying forget everything you've learned....history is a beautiful thing, no matter what it is.....but what can you do about the past?....You learn from the past right.....but still so many people make the same mistakes that they did before!. (i'm not saying everybod y's like that)....What i'm saying is the greatest ability through knowledge is the ability to forget......forget how a apple tasted yesterday, and when you taste it today, it'll be sweeter than ever.....forget your friend slapped you in the face yesterd, and today you'll hang with him like it's your sibling......If everything's new then nothing will get boring.......what's more exciting, learning something that already happened? or..experiencing something new?......take your pick.

'Darkness' of such, does not exist. To us, absence of light is dakrkness, but if you look through infra red rays, u'll instead see ultra violet rays.
I see infront of me light as it 'is', but I know that that light is coming from the sun."

^^Is the light you see infront of your face really the sun?... Close your eyes and you "see" darkness....go into a dark room and you "see" darkness..... and to see you need the presence of some light.....don't you think that the light that you see with is already inside of you?.......Man makes things too hard, the physical light is all dandy, and beautiful...but the inner light is the only thing that makes you see the outer sources........(but back to the subject)..."Physical" Darkness is the absence of "Physical" Light.....Ultra violet rays?...it's still light! no matter what color it comes in...it's still light!...and when light is not there, there's darkness.......capiche!?

"Being is not knowing!"
There will never be a timemachine. - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy