Enlightenment is like the Moon reflected on the water. The Moon does not get wet, nor is the water broken. - Tashakat
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Truth - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I apologize if I have made you feel uncomfortable but you do sound like you have a handle on the general concepts. Let me see if I am understanding you correctly?
quote:
the molecules of water may be "real" in that they interact with things and create things with different properties than other substances, but as far as them being unitary, that is an illusion. they are all combinations of smaller things, which in turn are combinations of smaller things. if there is one unitary thing in the universe, then everything must be composed of these.
if there is one unitary thing in the universe, then everything must be composed of these unitaries (particles having inertial mass) All substances (molecules) are combinations of these smaller unitaries (atoms), which in turn are combinations of smaller unitaries (nuclear particles). OK?
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=20300-u-frmid=21#22475

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"What are these geometries by name agin? I thought that parallel lines did not intersect."
In our universe, parallel lines do not intersect.
Names of alternative systems are Lobatchevski and Riemann.

But for more concrete things like God or any conclusion of a debate (is Iraq war good?). How did we come to the conclusion that Blacks deserve everything whites have? Its pretty much aknowledged truth now, how does something attain that status?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But for more concrete things like God or any conclusion of a debate (is Iraq war good?).

In the religion section various debates have been going on in which various people have stated their perceptions & conclusions about God & their religious values. While some would say that these debates are useless because they can reach a concrete proof of GOD's existence, does not the exchange of ideas broaden the view of some?
As to a debate of the War on Iraq, we might have been better off having more open debates before we entered into wasr, rather than after the fact
quote:
How did we come to the conclusion that Blacks deserve everything whites have?

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
quote:
Its pretty much aknowledged truth now, how does something attain that status?
Common Sense

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We learn things when we debate. But we don't learn them from others. We learn them from our selves. We dig deep within ourselves and find truth. Only if we are completely wrong will we change our mind. But not because someone showed us our error, but because we found it. So, though we may not be able to teach eachother things, or show eachother things. And with dissappoint we are not always understood, never-the-less, we do grow in our understanding. So it is good that we dabate.

That being said - Sometimes I do get kinda mean. To all who suffer through all my rambling - I ask that, if you don't mind, set me straight if I ever get out of line.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Truth - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy