Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

philosophy of friendship - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
openthedoor, as much as you claim that humans are selfish and friends suck, you will seek and form friendships, no matter how crappy they are.

Me, I find myself in search for perfection...a perfect friend. Call him/her a soul mate if you wish. I've been hurt. Friends left me and I left friends for reasons. It's the cycle of pain. But it hasn't stopped me from seeking good friendhships. I try to make the best of the friends I have. Leads to a level of satisfaction. They're not great, but gratitude takes you a long way.

Then again, maybe I'm just young and will become bitter about all this as I grow older because I would lose patience.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
pain and hurt are inevitable. if you are looking for a person that will never hurt you in any way... you are not looking for a person. a "perfect" friend will hurt you, but will do everything within their power to heal you double what they have done to hurt you. these are true friends. friends to the end.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
angel of death, its possible, but it's very tough to do. I was shot down by my best friend (female) back in high school and it took me a year to recover.

Now i've learned to be complacent in this solitary shell that is my life. I have a large # of acquaintences, but no true friends. Maybe one... but he lives far away . I don't let it bother me though - when that true friend or soul mate comes along, I'll be more than ready .

"www.starforsaken.com"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good point, Wyote. A true friend tries to make up for his/her mistake (if he/she thinks he/she made one.) But a friend like that is still hard to find. They need to be aware of your emotions and your likes/dislikes in order to know what hurts you. And when they do hurt you, they have to swallow their pride and try to make it up to you.

I figured that the first step to finding a good friend was to be one myself. What do you guys think?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
you must love yourself before you can love someone else.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I actually believe it is possible to just be friends with a member of the opposite sex, just not for very long as that friendship often develops/evolves quite briskly...then again I'm something of a nymphomaniac. Anyway, I can see where Angel is comming from. Perhaps those feelings developed because with a female theres no barriers to what you can and cant express to them. I find that I can open up more to a female, more so than males. They're always willing to listen and offer truthful opinions, even though only in contrast to males. You always know where you stand with them. Theyre the best.

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But Wyote, I hate myself but I love another, one of whome I've never even spoken to, as foolish as it may appear to some.

40yrs • M •
there are not enough words for love. you may love someone, but until you love yourself you cannot give of yourself entirely, you will never know the fullest extent to which love can go.

38yrs • M •
Well...with the first girl I fell in love with, lust interfiered. A foolish action on my part, and during the affair, my g/f passed away. I've hated myself ever since and I can never forgive myself.

41yrs • F •
drama_queen is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
for me FRIENDS are someone...

to converse with ...
who'll listen...
to trust...
to cherish...
to love...
who'll love u back
to fight with...
to make up with...
to hug...
to depend on...
who'll offer his/her shoulder to cry on
to back you up a 100%
who'll pull you up
your protector
they are your extended family
who'll be there for you through thick and thin

they are precious just as you are precious to them

the reasons are endless...its really gonna be difficult to survive in this hard cruel world without having even a single friend on your side...

"sarcasm is just an excuse to make fun of people without actually hurting them much"
 61yrs • F •
Cazzie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Creeper you said..

Hey every one i'm new. Just wondering what do you think about friendship is it really important. I think it's useless because friends will either leave you or stab you in the back.

Maybe, you just need new friends? Or a dagger of your own?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*read pervious posts*

It all depends on how much mentally strong you are. I think 'true'Friendz r really crucial if u aren't able to handle depressing situations. Yes, if u don't have some true freinds, u'd be missing a large part of life, but if your mature enough to handle yourself in tough sutuations, then I think u'll do fine. But you must have 'aquantices' etc, with whom u can just talk with, have fun etc. True Friendship is like love, if u don't get it, u'll not even notice, but if u do...well...lucky you!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 42yrs • M •
aglu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Stages of FRIENDSHIP
Stage 1: Friend: where all people whom you meet are friends
Stage 2: Best Friend: A friend whom you trust your secret, later when you got misunderstanding, your secret will be revealed to all. (traitor friend)
Stage 3: Close Friend: A friend who will never abandon you even though you have conflicts with each other. You believe that Everything would be reconciled.
Stage 4: Special Friend: A person who will give his life for the sake of your friendship and will never ask for the reward.

"Aceeptance, God and Love are the Keys for best Understanding"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel that a true friend is like a second self, someone who would treat you in the same way you would treat them. Frienship, i believe is extremely important as we all need people to talk to and share our ideas and feelings with, often you need someone who isnt related to you to make that connection that is true friendship!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 34yrs • M •
Emery21 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I've learned a couple of things about friends. You find out which ones are really your true friends and which ones are just people you just get along with when situations get bad. It is surprising that even someone you have hung out with and socialized with for 12 years could barely even know you or be there for you when you need it most. I found out that out of the 389 contacts in my phone book, I could only find myself calling 1 of them a true friend.

philosophy of friendship - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy