Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Disturbing mirrors - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
including being in harmony with everything, try to realize who you really are in these moments if you can. Try to realize who is the one who is thinking, who is looking, who are you?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that meditation is an amazing experience though I havn't really experienced it very much at all.
I have though stood in front of my mirror and what I seemed to feel was that I was locked in place in like a direct connection with my own eyes. I slowly got closer to the mirror and felt as if my own concious was viewing my true self and was scared and awkward so I left.
Kind of freaky but very real.
Anyhow, about meditation once again, I have tried to meditate before and I can't seem to achieve much.
Sometimes I would lay in my bed at night so it was quiet and stare at the ceiling reasting all my muscles through my whole body as much as I could. Once I felt completely relaxed I focused on a specific part of my body and it felt as if it was floating from me off my bed.
Also listening to my music. the music was extremely calming and relaxing and brings alot of thought to my mind that I would never usually think. After a while though I would feel my whole body floating kinda.
Kinda weird but thats is about it for me.
Anyone have any tips/suggestions on meditation for me I would love to hear them.
Much <3 all.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe the person staring back at us in the mirror is real and we are just a reflection of him. try to think about that next time you are tripping and staring at 'yourself' in the mirror.

"dont got one"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's a pretty good way to explain the debate of freewill...
Zato the easiest way i've found in beginning meditation is to close your eyes sit comfortably, light some incense play some ambient techno or some kind of meditation music if you have it, quietly, then slowly count to ten while concentrating on your breathing, but that's the thing is you don't really want to concentrate on anything once you've counted to ten enough times (sounds stupid) you'll begin to reach a nice deep level where everything fades away. Once you get better at it you won't have to use methods like this you can almost just meditate anytime you want. Often i'll just have a total spiritual session, i'll pray and meditate and write thigns down, then switch around different positions etc.. hope it was helpful..

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 37yrs • M •
Fin, thank you for your help. Ill be sure to try it. Ill let you know if it works. The only thing for me is trying to be alone and quiet. My house is a little crazy... Anyways, isn't there different types of meditation? I always would see people on TV or movies or w/e sitting and like floating off the ground (although quite strange) but isnt that a certain type of meditation.
Summit, how do meditate? If you don't mind me asking.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you may have played street fighter one too many times.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 37yrs • M •
lol Yeah I probably have.
I don't really care if people can float or not I was just wondering whether that had a connection to any type of meditiation.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Summit, how do you meditate?

Well, my meditative techniques follow the process of centralizing the mind, and finding the natural equilibrium. Sometimes I empty the mind to clear all sensual stimuli and thoughts away, so that I can focus on reaching the Tao. Anyways, I won't go into detail, because it isn't appropriate for starters...but I suggest you read into different meditative practices as there are 100s of methods.

For many people, all forms of meditation are alike. Practice one and you've practiced them all. Well quite frankly, that is not true. Different spiritual traditions have different approaches to meditation. And different sects practice different styles of meditation, and within the same sect the form of meditation changes as one progresses in practice. Maybe look into eastern philosophy sources. There are also contemporary western techniques. Hope that helps.

Oh and yes, the sense of floating can occur during some meditative practices.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 37yrs • M •
Thank you much ^^

35yrs • M •
quote:
For many people, all forms of meditation are alike. Practice one and you've practiced them all. Well quite frankly, that is not true. Different spiritual traditions have different approaches to meditation.

The techniques in spirituality are endless, but once you grasp the essence of spiriuality, all methods seem essentially the same to you. Ofcourse to one who has no idea of who he/she is, then the different techniques will be worlds apart.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but once you grasp the essence of spiriuality, all methods seem essentially the same to you. Of course to one who has no idea of who he/she is, then the different techniques will be worlds apart.

well not really. All spiritualities don't resolve into the same absolute object of sensation. Differing spiritualities have differing phenomenon.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
The goal of every form of spirituality is Enlighnment. Whether it be Sufisim, Buddhisim or Tao, the ultimate aim is Spiritual enlighnment, only the paths to attaining it are different. Whether you try to realize that formless space inside yourself called the Tao, or wheather you are completely immersed in the love of God that you become one with it, it is the same thing=Enlighnment.

37yrs • M •
jerter is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
Hey ppl. Well, Some time ago I use used to have this weird feeling sometimes when i looked into a mirror. At first I thought I was crazy, but when I asked other people about it, they said sometimes it happened to them too.
At first I couldn't find out what the hell it was, but recently I realized what happens : First u stare at a mirror for long enough. As u are looking in the mirror, u are seeing.... your self. Now, since you are seeing your self in front of you, then you start wondering who are you then, what is that voice in your head if your are there. This just creates a really awosome and very very disturbing intense feeling. Normally you can't take it and move away, but once I kept on staring at myself, and MAN OH MAN!, it was completley nerve rattling! It was like I was in some other dimension or something.

How many of you have had this Paradoxima(thats what i choose to call it, since it isn't in the dicionary) while looking into the mirror?

I kind of had a felling like this when i was really stoned and looked into a mirror.I started thinking that the real me was in the mirror and It made me think what if the whole world was just a reflection of another big mirror.It may not make much sense but it did to me at the time lol.

[  Edited by jerter at   ]
Disturbing mirrors - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy