Except for the American woman, nothing interests the eye of the American man more than an automobile, or seems so important to him as an object of aesthetic appreciation. - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Speed Of Time - Page 4

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that rschulz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dreamer does have a point, but does spirituality promote humanity? What do you all think?

"BTW" if Einstien destroyed the paperwork on that project how the hell do you know about it? Or was it that he just destroyed the research and evidence?

"Morals here. Get your morals. Only cost...your freedom."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don know bout the 'spiritual', whatever that is.
The basic question is, that is there really a 'real' speed of time?Because the speed of time is according to our own perceptions, so it keeps on varying.

And another thing. Stephen hawking says that when you go near a black hole, then time for the astronaut and the observors at space will be different. Because the radio signals from the astronauts watch to the observors will stop because they will be sucked in. But I think he has got it wrong. I mean, time itself doesn't become different, only the measurment of time. Watches have got nothing to do with time.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okay, continuing after a year and a half....lol
everyone pls read some of the previous posts, including my first one.

okay, considering that with higher levels of beings the speed of time increases, the speed of time for being 2 will be higher than for being 1 and so on, going higher and higher, we reach God. The solution to this question lies in what is the speed of time for God, but it appears to God is not restricted by our conception of time, and at that ultimate level, time does not exist, as it only exists within the universe. So, again, we're stuck with what is the real speed of time.

Regarding what I said previously about a higher processing power resulting in time being speeden up, will it really?
Say a leaf is falling, and the light comes to a higher beings eyes, and it process es it quicker than us, perhaps it won't affect the speed at which that object if falling for the observer, rather only the clarity(frames per second sort of thing), contrary to what I previouslt thought.

Lol I have forgotten almost all the things I based everthing uopn, so I guess I ll post something else after reading from the beggining

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
time doesnt exist...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
or does it?

"dont got one"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that rschulz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time is a measurement. A measurement created by man. Man experiences an event and then quantifies it as existing is a specific segment of reality. That segment of reality is measured by whatever the preceiving mind chooses as 'reasonable and acceptable'. Different environments, experiences, 'preceiving minds' will come to different conclusions but ultimately it is a measurement of our reality/consciousness for the purpose of organization.

"Morals here. Get your morals. Only cost...your freedom."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All measurements are created by man. But I find the original post interesting. Lets reverse the outcome though. Using the same principles and reasoning you could speed time up and should theoretically get the same results.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M •
time was not created by humanity, it just plain out doesnt exist... a clock doesnt record time, a clock is a tool used for math to do what math is used for... talking...

36yrs • M •
So what do you call the period that it took you to write the post? Time is an instrument of math but if it wasn't man made and doesn't exist what is it? Obviously this sparks confusion. For how could something talked about everyday not exist? Time itself does not change, but only something, which is in time. We (these bodies) are in time. Our spirit is not. So yes it is man made and doesn't exist. It just depends on what realm you're talking about.

35yrs • M •
you misunderstood... time is not an instrument of math, a clock is. it counts the ammount of seconds minutes hours days... ect.

there is no timelime because everything is happing, has happened, and is going to happen simultaniously... to travel through time all you have to do is change your preception of "now"

36yrs • M •
Time is linear. It only moves in one direction. Time cannot be taken away from any phenomena though you can take phenomena out of time. As long as you remain phenomena such things cannot be perceived.

35yrs • M •
example please

36yrs • M •
When you die time does not exist.

35yrs • M •
nono, an example of

quote:
Time cannot be taken away from any phenomena though you can take phenomena out of time.

36yrs • M •
When you die and become phenomena time does not exist.

Speed Of Time - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy