Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

real or just a myth? - Page 4

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont think so, firstly, you have to have solid samples, and secondly, it would have stirred a major international commotion.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They think there may be liquid water on Jupiter's moon Europa. But that's about it.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://mars-earth.com/europalake.htm

Theres a website on it, they say its got the conditions to support life =O

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 37yrs • M •
GKR Warrior is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I was watching a documentory on FOXTEL the other day and it discussed the possibility of life on Mars and Jupitor's Moon as the sun expands adn we are forced to move backwards out of its path.
The most interesting thing however was when the commentator was discussing radio waves and saying how this would most likely be the way in which we first contact alien species... he then quickly said that a while studying the universe a scientist stumbled upon a distant radio signal which has been proven not to be native to earth and it cannot be explained. Next to it on the printoff showing the signal he wrote "WOW!"
I'd have to agree..
Anyone have any more information on this discovery?

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling... but in rising every time we fall..."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that timemachine is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

( Landing on the moon )

I think that there is a 95% chance that we did this. If I was around when Christopher Columbus sailed to america, I'm sure I would hear people doubting his discovery and I would think the same thing I think when I hear doubt of the landing on the moon. It is very easy to doubt something you have never seen or heard for yourself. In a way,it is almost selfish to think in that kind of aspect. Think of someone putting all of the effort into something such as valuable time , money , or education, then to dedicate their lives or manlyhood to that one thing in life that they want to achieve.then they achieve it and feel gloryous only to have someone say " you're lieing ".
If the camara was invented in the Columbus days and pictures were taken of the new land I'm sure that people back at home would sit there and study those pictures until they came to the conclusion that Christopher is a big fat liar.

Thats my opinion.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
did they land on the moon, probably. Were those photo staged, probably? based on the highlighting & shadow content.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that uneasy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

As far as aliens and their technology (finding life), Its impossible to fathom some of the technology aliens may have. Our civilization is only thousands of years old. Imagine a civilization that's found a way not to destroy itself and that's spread around the universe in colonies over millions of years. Maybe they've evolved something as significant as consciousness, like singular consciousness or another sense (waves/particles we can't sense). Maybe they've found the reason for life, maybe they're spreading it around the universe. Tthey could've introduced religion and/or math/technology to help us survive as an early civilization. I've seen TLC shows on how early civilizations, thousands of miles apart, suddenly found some advanced concept at the same time.

There's just so many possibilities when you consider how large the universe is and how long we think its existed.

72yrs • M •
ya if they didn't fulfill their self destructive tendencies? Right.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that uneasy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A totalitarian government and society is not so easily destroyed because its essentially of one mind. How many other systems of living are possible that would increase the chances of a civilizations surviving itself?

Imagine all the different ways civilizations can evolve and change, like beginning on a planet with better resources or better/worse conditions or adapting traditions at an early age that promote growth and survival.

Just like the million monkeys on typewriters analogy/hypothetical, if you give the universe enough time, anything can happen.

42yrs • M •
Humans sub-consiously think that there is life on other planets, even the ones with doubt. That is why this world is so competitive. We are always striving to work our way forward in intelligence. Just so we wont be labled as the stupid planet in the back of the class that arrived to school in the small yellow bus.

42yrs • M •
When i used to trip on acid, I would think of this universe having an infinate amount of space, and there were aliens that could travel to Earth, but just havent made it to us yet.
Then I put a spin on it. I would think that these aliens where so large that earth was the size of a basketball to them and they were adapted to the conditions of space and not confined to a planet or a solar system the universe was their place of breed as Earth is to us. When they would arrive to our solar system it would be the same situation as if a younger boy that was human walked up upon a cool looking ant bed , or something of that nature. What did you do to ant beds when you were younger?

72yrs • M •
Ya, know what you mean a friend & I would argue (talk) about the same type of thing: he says 'what if the god of ancient were really aliens so I would take the stance ' what if the aliens were really spirit beings? The nature of their being made them greater than man not their intelligence.

real or just a myth? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy