Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life, Already Planned? - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tend to agree about the sub but those practicing certain aspects of spiritual conditioning (training) seem to be able to use the conscious will to overcome and control the physical body. That through conscious awareness we also control the body and perhaps the subconscious actions as well.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 1943yrs • M •
MartialMan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Okay guys, so here's my theory on life's design. I believe that the human as an individual does not control his fate, but that humanity as a whole controls an individual's fate.
Say you get killed in a "stupid way," like a car hits you after they run a light. You're fate, your death, was the result of the persons actions who ran the light, choosing to put you in danger; and since you control your decisions, you subsequently control your possible consequences. People control (unknowingly) what happens to others, and fate is simply a consequence of reckless decision making (in this case any way).

"Carpe Dium"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
MartialMan- you sound like the Merovangian

cturtle - yea i agree with that, i dont know of its "spiritual" neccesarily but the more in tune a person is with this whole idea, the more able they are to change things, not only about themselves but also about the people around them.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Martial: Strange when I was making my post (I had or perhaps after the post) made a post (dejavu, I think) which I told of an experience that virtually contradicts yours?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey everyone. Just as I was about to post this I noticed that cturtle had the basic idea as mine, and I think that this idea is pretty good
Now, Imajine this. Aperson is faced with a choice of either taking a glass of coffee or a soft drink. Now, it is a fact that the majority of the brain consists of the subconcious, and only a small part consists of the concious. Perhaps in that persons life, a cup of coffee might have spilled on him and burned him. Now, the subconcious will thus INFLUENCE the concious to take the soft drink instead. However, perhaps he is offered a hundred bucks if he takes the coffee. So, although the subconcious does INFLUENCE the concious, the concious will ultimately make the decision, according to reason and logic, to take the coffee.Yes to some extent, life MAY be determined in some, perhaps all situations,by the subconcious, withougt our knowing.BUT WHAT IS THE SUBCONCIOUS? is it somealien species!!?!?The subconcious.......is us.As I said earlier,we are more the subconcious than the concious, so WE OURSELVES DETERMINE OUR FAITH EVERY SECOND OF OUR LIFE!Yes, we may not know whywe did certain things and may do some things that we are unaware of, but unknowingly, our decisions are affected by the subconcious.......That is....us!
What do you ppl think?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
one_man_band is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ok all... Let this sink into your heads....

The two sides of the spectrum of life is just this:

Bacteria V.S. Humans (and or animals)

It is scientifically proven that we have evolved from bacteria (now do not get all aposteriori on me and say "oh science is all physical and not intuitive because it very much holds both the "kantian" or empircism and rational beliefs) The god that is talked about in mythological books (such as the book of the dead, the bible and so forth..) has been promoting this idea of spiritualness or heavenlike attributes after death and so on and so on. This has got way out of hand. I say this becuase we are not the supreme beings that some of us think that we are. All organisms make themselves through the idea(s) that (now remember this statement) *We are the products of our environment. Forget all silly ideas of deja vu and wake up. It is pathetic to think of soul mates and planned life simply because we are not created by a god (god meaning of course a creator) that is of our intelligence or of any intellegence at all. When you go to some churches we symbolistically drink Jesus's blood and it is just way out of wack. Earth itself is not much different from all the other planets in the solar system. We find all the same liquids, solids and gases as is here and in other parts of the galaxy as well. Well... more can be said but i need to let someone critique what i have so far..

Thank you!

****Please dissagree with what I have said, OR please agree with what I have said....or just base another thought of of it... thanks

35yrs • M •
One man ban....I didnt quite get you when you said' not created by God?', as generaly most people belive in God

(Really now, your post will divert the theme a little)

It is indeed a scientific fact that life evolved from tiny organasms. After the big bang, because of heat, particles moved about at v.high rates, causing them to collide with each other. But as the universe expanded, heat was reduced and particles joined togather to form ogasms consisting of a few neutrons etc, and this eventually lead to beings like us, the supreme in OUR cycle of life. There may be other life, but that is a may. There are various theories, that perhaps after the big bang some areas resuted in'unevenness', and perhaps our part of the universe was the only part that could manage to become 'smooth'. Because why else are there so many useless(at least by observation) galaxies withought life(scientists have looked into galaxies which are near and conditions are not suitable for life there).
Planets do NOT have the same gases etc, but perhaps some forms of life could flourish there whose pattern of living we cannot imajine, but that goes against the laws that govern the universe(atleast according to our observation), however, one could turn to the weak anthrox principle which means that we are observing that we are the only intelligent species so that we can be happy.

I dont agree with your quote of every organasm 'thinking' it was a product of its enviroment, as every orgasm CAN't reason. It can be asked how do we know that, but their brains have been studied and they do not show the pattern that we have, thus only we think that, and it is true, we ARE the products of our enviroment. It is because of our surroundings that we are here. Now then, who gave you the idea that after death we will all become heavenly? The reason for life after death is that through it we will all be aware of our actions, and will be prevented from commited sins, since we will feel that we will be accountable to God. A person whose good deeds exceed his bad will go to 'heaven' and vice versa. I dont quite belive in Hell, as I belive that that is just dying, ceasing to exist, and only a SELECT few will be resuructed. Right now, mankind can't answer the question of why was the universe created, so we cant correctly ans the why of life after death , which results in more doubts. As the universe is infinite, we cant KNOW if there are other beings, and so we must assume that we infact are
(Now it IS a possiblity that there may be some evolution after man.) the so-called last evolution.
It is i human nature that EVERYONE, yes, you, me all consider themselves to be important, but as i said earlier, so far relating to scientific evidence we are so far the most eveolved type of organism, the rest can be regarded as science fiction until proven. After we die, just like the dinsaurs, a new species will develop and so on until the end of the universe.
In short, life after death gives some meaning to the question of the purpose of life.

Please explain your idea more, as you question is too vague.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dr. suess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have never been here before but it is an awsome feeling just knowing that people are actually thinking about these kinds of subjects. i dont believe that thier are any right or wrong awnsers to any of these questions but i find that the ideas people have are often much more important that than the answer. it is sobering to see peopleexpress how they feel and try and give this impossible equation we call life an answer which i will try to do.

here we go, i have seen some references to god as i have been reading and find them for lack of a better word hopeful. angel mentioned that he believes in heaven but not hell which i find slightly hipocritical if not completely hipocritical. cturtle has used god in his thoughts numerous times yet his quote says "We are not perfect. I was created imperfect but seek to live a spiritual life seeking perfection." the bible says that we were made in gods image and likeness. i dont believe god makes mistakes so if we were made in his imge and likeness than we must be perfect to him.

i personally dont believe that we and god have such an intimate life together. there is no doubt that this all had to start somewhere by something but god has been out of the picture for quite a while. heaven and hell are fairy tales and myth, again im not saying that something out there dosnt exist but its nothing that we have come to believe or see or read about. to think that in a universe as vast as thi, that on our tiny little planet have any idea what will happen when we die or even a thought is nothing more than ludicrous. i like the way u think angel and i agree we are just a part of a cycle. we surly will die and eons from now some other species could quite possible be answering or trying to answer the same questions.

last thing, angel you said you believe in the big bang yet you said the universe is infinte. infinite means no beginning and no end. the universe started as u believe with the big bang, there is your beginning. the universe is expanding but if it is then it must have an edge menaing that there is an end no matter for how short a time. thank you and feel free to fill my ideas up with holes.

35yrs • M •
Well, suess, by infinite i did not mean eternal.Infinite means never ending. It is thought that the Universe is infinite, but withougth edges or boundaries, like the earth for instanse, you can keep on going but it wont 'end' , you will eventually come back from where you started. It COULD be possible that the same could happen with the universe but we would have to travel faster than the speed of light to outpace the end of time, which is not possible.
Anyway, I do believe in a big bang as well as a big 'crunch', when time will end, as gravity will eventually force the universe to start contracting. Now thats another thing if there could be ANOTHER big bang after all matter keeps on contracting.

Suess, I agree with your first paragraph, as life cannot be given a complete 'equation', but we should keep on asking these type of questions. We can never be sure that any thoery is correct.

Personelly I don't follow the bible,as I am of different faith, and so do not give respect to just a few words until I have read the whole philosophy behind them.
First of all,(now again this is just another theory) God created the universe long ago, and first set different types of laws etc.
Now, life is not as simple as your idea of God simply not commiting mistakes. Yes, He does not, but perhaps this 'imperfection' is a result of the gradual evolving of the universe, all He had to do was make it start and give it laws etc, and the rest would all be done automatically.e.g someone just has to initially prgramme a machine to do a job, and it will keep on doing it according to it's programming.
How can we define 'imperfection'. This whole universe is imperfect in that sense. Our thinking about imperfection is in itself a imperfectiion.
Anyway, yes your right, in the eyes of God we must be perfect, in the sense that He knows that we are not some super beings or something, and as we do not have a v.high intellect, so he judjes us according to our limits.(this is not a thoery). The rest is matter of belief.

You see suess, we can't be sure of any thing which does not apply to this universe. Lots of times things are written in the Holy book which maybe should be symbolically taken(matter of opinion). I do not believe in Heaven in the sense that there will be rivers of milk etc, with us standing o clouds and so on.
What is really there we'll know when the time comes. As for hell, I believe in it, but again not in the material sense.

Now you may be right that our mediocre species can't grasp concepts such as after life or other such things. But you see, thousands of years ago people had no guidline. They would say that a sun was a God and so on because mankind can't grasp such concepts. However, then the Holy books were sent, and the thoughts were not mankinds imajination once again cut loose. Now Man kind (generally) does not 'think' what is 'out there', The Holy books have delivered us all the 'basics', Such as the sun orbiting the galaxy etc. this was said BEFORE science discovered it! The books show us the truth, even if according to us it may be limited.

44yrs • M •
out of curiosity what religion are u...

35yrs • M •
Well, Islam.I hope no one gets any misconceptions.

44yrs • M •
i have found that over all islamic believers to be very knowledgable about their religion which is not to be said about all unfortunatly.
i dont want to delve into eternity too much but anything expanding must have an edge and the speed of light for us is impossible but not impossible for us to go faster so hypothetically if you could go faster you would reach an end. also the universe if it does collapse than you are saying that what was once infintie is not any more which is impossible. the earth is not infinte because you have a starting point and when you reach it again you have completed a circle. infinite means that thier is no starting point and you would never get toan end. infinte is a hard concept. the universe is not infinite. hey no misconceptions at all

35yrs • M •
Well, nothing can go faster than the speed of light, for something with mass slowly has its wieght increased the faster it goes, so only something withought mass can travel pass such speeds(If you are regarding us being able to travel faster than light, that is not possible, but there could be other methods or energies that we do not no of)

Secondly, as I said before, I did not mean that the universe is eternal,(Sorry, actually I had wanted to say that the universe is FINITE, but withought edges or boundaries. Caused some confusion!). It had a beggining,and is finite.
Yeah, now that I noticed my misprint, I see what a ridiculous idea this would have appeared! As if the universe was infinite, then that would also mean that there would be an infinite number of time before any event!
You can ask me questions in regard to the finite but
no boundary thing if you have any doubt.
Personally, there is no infinite inside the universe, except in black holes.

44yrs • M •
though we dont know how to go the speed of light or faster, einstien said that it is possible to go faster. right now scientist are trying to find way to make going faster possible in computers with thier never ending demand for more speed. doing this they know that it is possible.
[url=]http://www.sciam.com/search/search_result.cfm

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To a certain degree your life is planned, but bepend on the choices you might make. In other words: You can choose door number 1 and a certain thing will happen or door number 2 and and another thing will happen, etc. Your whole life is like this. You have choices to make and these choices determine a pre planed outcome.

For all of us I believe there is a path for us to follow. Throughout our life we may be on the path (making the right choices) or off the path (making the wrong choices). Most of us are probebly like me, on and off the path. Right now, I would have to say, I'm on my path. Years ago however, I was not.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Life, Already Planned? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy