Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The "Void" - Page 5

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i thought about this void question, and you know what i think the world possesses the void not I. Just think about it. To me there is something wrong, or missing in our world. If there so happens not be a void, then how come we have not reached perfection? The only logical answere is the world which we live in, is missing a vital part, something that we as humans are unable to use to formulate a perfection theory, or theorm, if you will. You could say that if perfection is reached that it would not be perfect, well how do you know? we have never reached perfection and never will. So really what we think is a void with in ourselves is a void with in the world we inhabit. it was just a pondering, i would like criticism though.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heh, its like trying to draw a right angle. technically no one has ever seen a "perfect" right angle. its difficult to even fathom one being made, we can imagine what it would be like but creating it is basically impossible. i dont think perfection/imperfection is responsible for this "void" tho. maybe in trying to reach a higher plane of existence it causes us to realise that we are imperfect (on a subconscience level) as humans and thus the void is created? maybe thats where you were going with this...?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wyote I tend to disagree, we create in our minds certain chemicals which relate to emotional well being. We generally associate the lack of the preence of these chemicals as being imbalanced.
So we may be lacking these created chemicals because we don't (no longer?) feel the associated experiences which would induce the production of these chemicals?

quote:
So really what we think is a void with in ourselves is a void with in the world we inhabit. it was just a pondering, i would like criticism though.

The void may not be directly related experience but rather these feelings may be derived as a by-product of the direct our society has directed us?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not sure if everyone was talking about the same kind of void, but the kind I have experienced was like this:

When i was a baby I was adopted. I never knew my birth mother nor did I ever feel compelled to know her, until a time in my early 20's.
For about a 3 week period I existed with a void, not a phsycological one, I mean a strong sensation in the center of my torso.
Once I was aware of it I turned to my wife and told her "my mother is gone" without even thinking about it.
We started to search for her after that, but never dug very deep...I suppose that I jsut knew.

or maybe it was gas??

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The great void mystery. If all things were perfect or grown up there would be no void. Time would stop without purpose. Thank goodness for the great void.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 54yrs • M •
whyexist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why Exist? What is the purpose of life?
To answer your question, maybe you should see
http://freewebs.com/whyexist
Sorry

"Life has no purpose!"
The "Void" - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy