Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What would you do without rules? - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
<---------Enjoying a bowl right now, hehhehe

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if there was no rules or no laws i'd become a drug addict ... a crazy raver prolly..... and everyone would always beat the shit out of each other .... it'd be kinda like russia lol
and we'd be poor because there would be no taxes and other shit ....
and after about 3 minutes of thinking about it, i finally got it. we could never live without rules. say all the rules in the world dissapeared and everyone could do whatever they wanted.... some people would just enjoy themselves while the others would use the moment to try to get the power ( because as we know everyone wants power ) and they'd organize and some dick would finally take over and make his own rules to control people ..... so i guess it would never work huh ?

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
[  Edited by [MiA] at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i finally got it. we could never live without rules . . . good point. There will always be those who seek to rule (Lord) over others. One might say that running around killing & stealing is pretty insane but it is a Catch 22, how can you stop the insanity by running around killing others then your actions become as insane as theirs!
Of course in the old days, murdering, louting and pillaging where accepted as a part of warfare. Today's world do the same things but use robes of righteousness as cloaks to cover over their insane acts.
My sister is very ardent that this form of government is the best, personally I believe that if people truely lived the christian (love, mercy, sharing) principles would be the best way to live no matter who wants tobe Lord of Life.
You don't even have to be Christian to practice (true) christian values.
LoL

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I interpreted spankster's post as asking us what you and only you would do with your life if you and only you didn't have to follow rules. I didn't see it as "what would happen if there were no rules". Please, Mr. Spankster, clarify.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Danipog ,ya that was my thought then thinking about it, I realized that it would be more like the older days of feudal Lords of Japan or europe, where those of higher class did as they pleased without regard for those of lower cast.
In the book Shogun, it is a given that a sumari could take the life (or anything else) of those within his fiefdom just as feudal system of Europe. (TV's reruns of Mel as William and Mad Max) I wonder why everyone thinks that if society falls from power we will regress into feudalism?
P.S. That is assuming that you believe that our government of the people, serves the people rather than forms another 'form of feudalism'

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
What would you do without rules? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy