Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I've searched everywhere for the true church, - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am sorry if i sound like a bible thumper but what I said is true.

quote:
The covenant? From what source have you recieved an invitation to a binding aggreement

John 3:16

I know that it is witten in the bible, and believe me i have serious issues with the bible....but that is an example.

What I have said my seem like gibberish, some will understand but some will not....what I tried to say is very diffcult to put into words.

quote:
Has he proven himself to you, and it what way? Something other than simply acknowledging a power greater than ourselves by bearing witness to existance?

Most relgions whorship the same god only a different name. These people, myself included, at least feel as if he has proven he exsists....the experience is different for everyone.

"What is true power?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I am sorry if i sound like a bible thumper

Are you? Why is that?

quote:
but what I said is true.

No.

What you said was nothing, what you referred to was a passage from the Bible, which unless God sent you one personally with your name on it was not a message directed to you as an invitation to a binding aggreement by God.

quote:
What I have said my seem like gibberish, some will understand but some will not.

I think its safer to say that some will relate and identify through recognition and the societal influence you were so concerned with earlier. Which happens to be exactly what you are under.

quote:
what I tried to say is very diffcult to put into words.

That's because you are making shit up, trying so hard to justify "beliefs" you don't have through the words and "convictions" of others.

You've already stated issue with the bible, yet you base your beliefs on it, of course you are going to have a hard time articulating, your contradicting yourself.

quote:
Most relgions whorship the same god only a different name.

Yet those religions would and have fought to the death to prove you wrong.

quote:
These people, myself included, at least feel as if he has proven he exsists....the experience is different for everyone.

And again, you ambiguity is stiffling the debate. You didn't answer the question, it was not directed to them, but to you.

What was your experience, what do you believe or have faith in, why, and don't bother to respond unless you are actually going to answer the questions.

As a follow up, for clarification of something you might just overgeneralize anyway.

If God proves his existance in any way shape or form, how does that authenticate any relgious belief system, dogma, or doctrine? Including your own.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the true church is within yourself... not withing organized religion, stay away from organized religion... organized religion is evil.

ask yourself... "what do I believe" with your answer comes your religion

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Believers and non believers can both be arrogent, you are right.

Faith is a trust, a belief in something you cannot see.

quote:
the true church is within yourself... not withing organized religion, stay away from organized religion... organized religion is evil.

ask yourself... "what do I believe" with your answer comes your religion

true

Accept not all organized religon is evil - just most likely wrong.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evil vs. Good, The devil vs. God
Its intersenting how Evil goes to devil (just ad a d)
And Good goes to God (remove an o)
Cant think of any meaning though yet...Lol maybe the Bible decoders will do soemthing

Anyway..off the point.

If God is all that was, is and ever will be then everything is our church for we are of God and and Gos is in us so we are a mirror of ourselves as it were. Clasically our spirit is and then mirrors itself to form body, mind and indivisual spirit. A possibility.

The idea to me is that good and evil will exist if you choose to see opposition-that is ultimately judgement of a thing that will happen or has happened. I can tell you know each judgement is different therefore if God is all that was, is and will be, etc. then God has diffrent 'faces'. So I conclude by this that the truth (of what is (which includes thought, matter, action, conciousnes, ilusion, delusion, etc.)) is God. And that piece of mortal coil which you are is a small but nonetheless vital component of this. Perhaps there is orders of God, by which is a hierarchy of some form [erhaps ordered by love, power or some thing.

""No words""
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sounds a little bit like the teachings of Confucius who believed life was religion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that the great focy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well good for that pope he got people to join his religion by threatening death. There is no better way. Except maybe by offering money then making them pay double the price that the money costs for more money.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i <3 you mr. slurm dude...

thats just the reason organized religion is retarded

I've searched everywhere for the true church, - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy