Existence does not exist - Bram Van Santvoort (Oblivionbram)
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A New Discovery - Page 2

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Knowing in advance that you will never be blamed for what you are about to do (ex. killing for inheritance) prevents your desire to do it."
It might lower the satisfaction in some cases, but in the vast majority, it will only give people an incentive to cause crime. Certain indian tribes used to ignore the white men stealing they're horses with the reasoning 'if he is stealing for it, he needs it'. And they're mostly dead.

"This mathematically prevents you from hurting someone when this law is in place. You cannot move in the direction of hurting someone because it becomes the least preferable choice of alternatives. It cannot be done."
You put an incredibly amount of faith in the human emotion of guilt. There is no proof the pain guilt will cause will not match the gain from heinous acts.

"This means that should you decide to hurt me with this first blow or be careless and take the risks that lead to a first blow, and I would have to choose between retaliating or turning the other cheek, you would know that I would be compelled by my nature to find greater satisfaction in turning the other cheek because of the undeniable fact that I would know you had no choice, since your will is not free."
No, I'm sorry. That is completely subjective, I don't believe in free will; but that doesn't mean I let people abuse me I know its not their fault. Emotions also come into play, where I might get angry and retaliate despite myself.

"you are compelled, completely of your own free will (so to speak), to relinquish this desire to hurt me with a first blow because it can never give you greater satisfaction under the changed conditions."
I disagree, that is an assumption, again, people could very easily simply dismiss their conscience. Or in extreme cases, might find stealing to offset starvation more satisfying then appeasing their conscience.

"– each person and the rest of mankind – therefore this discovery which prevents man from desiring to hurt others is only effective when he knows in advance, as a matter of positive knowledge, that he will never be blamed or punished no matter what he does."
I think it is unlikely (though not impossible) that everyone suddenly switch to "though shall not blame".

"we will be obeying the mathematical wisdom of this universe which gives us no choice when we see what is truly better for ourselves."
Gibberish, it is in no way mathematical. But I suppose that is aside the point.

"you will know that the person who kidnapped and killed your child or committed some other form of hurt which occurred prior to the release of this knowledge – regardless of how much you hate and despise what was done – will never blame in any way your desire for retribution"
If the man did kidnap your child, then he obviously does not believe in the same principle 'though shall not blame". So, he defend himself.

" to refrain from what he now foresees can give him absolutely no satisfaction"
No, again, stealing that peace of bread will give him satisfaction.

"It was impossible for any previous stage of our development to have understood the deeper factors involved which was necessary for an adequate solution, just as it was impossible for atomic energy to have been discovered at an earlier time because the deeper relations were not perceived at that stage of development; but at last we have been granted understanding which reveals a pattern of harmony in the mankind system equal in every way with the mathematical accuracy of the solar system, and we are in for the greatest series of beneficent changes of our entire existence which must come about as a matter of necessity the very moment this knowledge is understood."
What is he saying?

"In the next chapter, l shall reveal how all automobile accidents and carelessness must come to a permanent end. "
Hmm.. Interesting, please pot the next chapter

"Christ and Spinoza turned the other cheek and paid the consequences because the justification to hurt them was never removed, but I am going to demonstrate how it is now possible to prevent the first cheek from being struck which renders obsolete the need to turn the other cheek or retaliate."
I don't understand this at all. Christ and Spinoza did exactly what he says they should do. Yet according to him, the reason it doesn't apply is because they were struck? No that's the reason turning the other cheek doesn't always work.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 43yrs • M •

I'm sorry, I simply can't understand, this makes no sense to me at all and the author simply disproves himself in my eyes.
Perhaps you should continue trying with Decius, maybe he will understand?

43yrs • M •
Alright, let me put this simply who the author is contradicting himself very badly. He says that if we do not blame people for the evil they cause and if they know the the evil doers know they will not be blamed for the evil they cause, therefore because of guilt, these man will not be capable of causing evil.
I assert that Jesus Christ, would not blame those who nailed him to the cross for their evil act. Furthermore, the romans knew they would not be blamed, because Jesus himself carried their cross. Yet, Jesus was struck.

"They did exactly what their natures told them to do, not this author. Hello, are you there Crimson? "
Listen to me, I was unclear. JChrist and Spinoza did not blame anyone for their evil acts. The author of this book is saying, "don't blame people for their evil acts and they will rethink their acts before they occur".
That is exactly what Jchris did.

43yrs • M •
"OH WELL, ANOTHER WEBSITE THROWN TO THE DUST BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE MADE PREMATURE CONCLUSIONS WITHOUT ANY REAL PROOF FOR THEIR OPPOSTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
I have shown with logic and reason why it SEEMS to ME why he has a made a few none negligeable assumptions. Please enlighten me and explain what mistakes I must have done.

1971yrs • F •
janispaula is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"OH WELL, ANOTHER WEBSITE THROWN TO THE DUST BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE MADE PREMATURE CONCLUSIONS WITHOUT ANY REAL PROOF FOR THEIR OPPOSTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
I have shown with logic and reason why it SEEMS to ME why he has a made a few none negligeable assumptions. Please enlighten me and explain what mistakes I must have done.
==========================================
Crimson, thank you for admitting that you might not have it all right. I respect you so much for that. This is not an admission of ignorance, but an admission of strength. I hope we can continue with this very important discussion.

56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rushuka is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Please Continue...

56yrs • M •
Janispaula "The Messenger"
Please Continue....May l also contribute to this heightened awareness...?

56yrs • M •
Please Continue...

56yrs • M •
Name of the Book? Thank You...Your passion will not go unrewarded....

56yrs • M •
You must not skip the EYES...This is very important to the receivers...

1971yrs • F •
janispaula is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

56yrs • M •
Excellent Job janis...Sorry about not posting i Have been here just not responding...I have sought such a website because i have recently been blessed with gift or am losing my mind. Not sure yet. I have never been into Theory or philosophy. Just go about caring for myself, family and friends the best i can.
Try this on...
While watching football game on tv, I realized that i was not only watching the game but had 2 other very important tasks running in my mind at the same time, I dont just mean remembering something, I was watching the game, running thru an upcoming training presentation and going over an agenda for an upcoming event. When i realized the clearity of thought i was stunned. i just sat there for a minute wondering if i was sleeping or this awareness would fade. It hasnt... im telling you, if i could write with my left and teeth i can compose 3 essays simultaneously. so i began a bit of self research. to see how many things i could process at the same time in full detail. after a couple weeks i hit the 4th level, i call them levels because i am not sure what else to call the processes. The subject for the fifth process/level was not one i had chosen for my experiment. i dont even know how to explain what i had seen. but now i am in search of Theory, religion and philosophy pretaining to our origin. Yes i do forget stuff still and havent completed my doctrine in 2 weeks or any thing like that. i can just reach deeper in my mind i guess. i have tried to explain what happens during the fifth level on some other threads but people like Crimson think i am trying to get something from them...what? i do not know. i just want to know if someone has experienced this or is willing to try to . the fifth level only works in reverse. anyway let me know what you think.

A New Discovery - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy