"the worst part about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth" - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Keeping God in the Pledge - Page 2

User Thread
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just see it as nobody will ever see eye to eye and no body has to see it my way. but they should. lol!! Kidding!! I guess that kicks in and I do feel that sometime but, I know people are diff and argueing isnt doing anyone any good

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, but there is an important difference between argueing and debating...if we could all just debate, and not argue, that would be wonderful.
Have you checked out the "rules for a good debate" that we've come up with on "Stupid/Bullheaded people" ?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya ya, never follow rules. To restricting. Not those just rules in general

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think it does matter if god is in it or not.. I don't think Having should make a diffrence, All religions are based off the same god anyways, they may call it somehting diffrent but in the end its the same thing. Just intterputed diffrent, its like the telephone game.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Out of principle it really should be out of the pledge, but it really doesn't matter if the children aren't forced to say it. If they're forced, then the state and society have no right to force people (US born or immigrants, there are plenty of US born atheists) to believe in God or say they believe in God.

The US was founded on black slavery and oppression against indians (many founding fathers had slaves and the constitution is extremely racist towards indians). Should the US continue black slavery and oppression against indians?

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well the reason this is a problem is because there is supposed to be a seperation between church and state.

Umm, sorry crimson, but I don't see what you are trying to get at with the Indian/Black thing. Can you please clear that up?

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One of Brann' s arguments was that the US was founded on religion and should maintain its old ideals. I think that argument is faulty because the US was founded on bad things such as racism and I doubt Brann is a racist.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok.. now I see.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Aladinsane is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't have any religious beliefs but saying the pledge never bothered me. I really think it is silly for someone to even talk about taking it out. I would prefer if it weren't in there, but ultimately I really don't care. I have to realize that I am in the minortiy in a country where 90% of the population believe in God.

All the lawsuits do is rile up the neo-cons and religious wackos.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

""One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.""
 35yrs • F •
alexandria is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
notice that america is the strongest country, other islamic countries like iraq have alot of problems and other third world countries are not as fortunate as we are because we are blessed because majority of our country has trust in God. Once you take God away our country will fail to be the strongest country. Satan's function is to confuse people and convince them into beliving God doesnt exist.

"..:::"for god so loved the world that he gave his only son for those who believeeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life John 3:16":::.."
 44yrs • M •
Yeah, right....lmfao

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ROFLMAO!!!
Get a grip. There was a time when God-loving inquisitor roaming Europe was backward on the middle east was the home of the world's great thinkers.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And besides, if you want to use circumstantial facts to back up a religion there are plenty going for Islam.
Islam does not deny christ, but only denies he has saved humanity. Given the wars and death that have happened since then, Christ either did a crappy job or didn't save us.
Islam is more "modern" in the sense that it has a more recent prophet from God.
The Islamic God manages to make his followers far more devout, pious, focus and faithful then the Christian God.
There are more muslims then christians, if democracy means anything, Allah is the true God.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 44yrs • M •
AMEN DT!

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Locally there is a similar debate of sorts some folks wish to have the lords prayer at school every day it has been out of the public system for a long time.. Anyway that sort of mentality pisses me off why the hell do they fell it is neccesary to push ther stpid beliefs on everyone else - that if you your not a beleiver you should be attitude... anyway it is dumb and long gone and should renmain so.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
Keeping God in the Pledge - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy