I don't buy everything I read/I haven't even read everything I've bought. - ExplodingGopher
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is this relative? HELP! - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have heard many people ponder a question similar to this. It was, if we took all the chinese people and made them jump at the same time, when they land will the earth be thrown out of its orbit?
I think there are many articles on that, some funny, some are serious.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya, the principles of physics we call laws are based upon unexisting conditions, they remove the reality to impose theoritical conditions to focus on curtain aspects they call principles to understand the basics so they can extend them to a general view.
The perception of the atomos evolved into elments formed from tiny particles which form moecules which form the substance of our reality. Are they real? Well we generally accept a theory based upon how well it defines the properties and accurately predicts observed results, not how realistic they are when compared to the reality of existence.
The principles of physics applies to pool tables and billards. So when we rack the balls and break, we note that the energy (force) applied to the cue is transfered to the cue ball then transfered to the poolballs racked on the table. Although we may aim the cue ball toward the opposite bank the force is applied in various degree to the racked balls of which feew would strike the rear cushion and those which do don't strike it at the (angle) direction of the applied force.
Is the physics invalid? A falling star (astroid) streaks across the night sky following the arc decent to bury itself into the earth, the force of it drives the mass deep into the crust of the earth, a crater is formed by the earth pushed aside as it impacts, etc.
In each of the observed phenomina (sp) appling physics helps us to understand their action and reactions, from asteroids turn meteors to bank shots with english applied upon the pool table, we are assured of the results even if we measure these values and calibrate them intutitively.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Is this relative? HELP! - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy