Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, that is so true kooky. I wish it weren't, but it is.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KrazyGamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
actually, dugbug, i remember a lot of the mediocre moments in my life, but i'm just being nitpicky. lol. keep inspiring those depressed folk.

and i dunno about the "love high" thing. i think mine lasted longer than three months. it's mellowed out, which is both good and not so good. i miss it, that really cutesy feeling. but i guess it's just part of the process.

"ablahblahblah."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What are you talking about? I AM the depressed folk.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 39yrs • F •
kirsche_kat is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i dont understand that some people wish they had never loved at all. I believe that it is much better to get hurt by things in life because if you never feel pain then how can you truly feel happiness? If you never feel the hurt of losing love then how do you truly know you have loved. I think that being able to overcome pain and obstacles is one of life's greatest lessons and it helps us deal with the things that come next.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Skarpio is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
here is a new 1

Y do we drive in a parkway and park in a driveway?

"Live to Fight Another Day"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gildon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So happiness equals pain? Not for me. Happiness is with no pain at all. Maybe it is a process to feel pain once to learn and be happy. I know a good way to stay happy in my life. Pain isn't really that bad. Anyone has the capability to build an immunity to pain. Emotional pain as well. I don't allow emotional pain to fester. I change the emotion, what ever it may be, to something else. Something that won't destroy me, or someone else.

"The thief is the heart, the world is in his pocket."
 35yrs • F •
curious123 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
not that im big on love cause im only young myself but doesnt avoiding love just bring loneliness?? then loneliness brings sadness...perhaps more so than the outcome of love.

""every advance in knowledge faces us with the mystery of our own being""
 34yrs • F •
demie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well to be honest hasnt every body asked this question once in a while
love is like half of you in my eyes you can be the happiest person with sum one yet u can without (vise versa)
its like us asking why was i born an why do i have brown eyes !
we are here for reason i believe but be fair mate keep ur head up high ur here an so am i so think of the good things an if u have a chance for love take it treasure every moment
demie xx

"i love my bf as much as i love games XD"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The answer is DNA.

And this body in which you are sitting and thinking, wants to live, wants to reproduce, wants to eat, sleep, avoid pain, pursue pleasure...

And whether you like it or not, it will hang on to the very end,
because it does not want to die, and that's Why.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

Why do we try?

Why do we love?

Why do we live?

Why................?

Sometimes I wonder why do we do what we do. I mean in everyday life. Why do we love? Is it really better to love and lose, that to never have love at all? Is the pain and suffering you will feel for the rest of your life be worth it? Who is really to say? Me? You? Some professor?

I just don't know why!

from recent readings and documentaries that I've come across... I'd like to share a few things that might hold some value in this conversation..

First, I'd like to try and explain my theory of love. "Matter is formed from spherical standing waves in space which cause the 'particle' effect at their wave center" so it's my belief that when certain 'waves' interlock the sensation can be compared to that of "fitting like a glove" this feeling of emotion and physical presence is registered in our brain and to this day we are incapable with associating those feelings with the vocabulary we're provided with.
(http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Chakras-Chakra-Information.htm)
when it comes to the quote " it's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all " I don't really think that's true. because if you never knew what love was or felt like in the first place, you would have no reason to strive for such a bond that you lost.

I like to think the reason why we live can also be related to points made in Physics. Namely, Newton's third law of motion.. We come across the urge to reproduce and give life. With this, there must also be an equal and opposite reaction; keeping the balance. This is commonly known as death. It's an endless cycle, really. unless, that is, other variables don't conclude otherwise.

As for trying, I'm not quite sure what that question is insinuating. perhaps giving me a more specific instance to work from would be more helpful.

I hope some of this clarifies some things, or atleast sheds a new view point in order to further help yourself think of something.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Why? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy