Life is worth living for until you believe that life isn't worth living. - Weebl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Am I an asshole/bad person?

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
chris1479 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

I got fed up worrying about my stupid receding hairline and went for an all-out buzz cut. I only got the courage after a few beers n realising how stupid it was to keep worrying about it.

But because I'm a prideful idiot I couldn't just admit it. Then someone caught me off guard and before I knew it I'd said an old buddy of mine got ill and I wanted to show solidarity by going buzzed. What a totally effing retarded thing to say but it was the only thing that came into my head in that fraction of a second.

I gave a good amount of money to charity and recommended my friends to give money to charity too.

I feel like a total douchebag but some good charities got some money.

Kind of hate myself right now for not wanting to admit to being so vain.

To humanity: I am so incredibly sorry. Sorry. I hope someone out there can forgive me for being such a horrible horrible douche.

[  Edited by chris1479 at   ]
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that parallelist is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't understand. What did you do wrong?

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoeCrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You turned an awkward situation into a good one. You didn't carry on the lie for ages, you said something and that was it. If you were a bad person you wouldn't be worried about it, you'd have collected charity money off everyone and gone and spent it on beer and women
We all say silly things on the spur of the moment when caught off guard, there's no lasting damage and like you say, some charities got some money so actually, saying you did it for that reason is a good thing.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that CooJaye is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whoa!

I think you are being wayyy too harsh on yourself. There isn't a person here who hasn't been insecure about something in their lifetime. We've lied to avoid any sort of confrontation of the issue. I don't think I'm a terrible person for it although I would feel bad after lying to people.

We are all insecure about something. I deal with them by just getting on with my life and trying not to give in to such silly vain issues. It was hard work at first and yes, i felt very awkward and exposed, but I realized that people don't see these "faults" like we see them on ourselves. If we are confident, people won't even care to ask or even notice. If they do, then just say the truth and most people will leave it at that. That's what I've learned in my situation at least.

Sorry for blabbing on about it. You aren't alone though and I'm sure you are far from being a terrible person.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy