The quoting of an aphorism, like the angry barking of a dog or the smell of overcooked broccoli, rarely indicates that something helpful is about to happen. - Lemony Snicket
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Hello again

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that parallelist is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hello again
I was pretty excited to join this forum and initially responded to a bunch of really interesting threads but then didn’t return. Well now I’d like to have another go at writing here more regularly. I think it will be good for me.

At the moment I’m alone, living with my parents, in a god-forsaken place. I’m supposed to be applying for jobs in the nearby city but I’m too depressed and lonely to actually concentrate to be able to do it most of the time. I’m not falling apart or anything I’m just kind of sensitive and I have a lot of bad procrastination habits. Some days are better than others but there isn’t a long enough sustained period of happiness for me to really get anywhere.

Not so long ago I responded to an ad on Reddit’s AlienExchange subreddit and had a nice conversation with a lady from another country and last night I watched a romantic film and both of these things made me feel better. This morning I am writing about some of my experiences in life and the stupid things I have done or seen other people do and that is also making me feel better.

So I think maybe if I come on here and talk about things I care about and try to help people and maybe make some friends I will feel better and then I might will be able to get a job and be able to get on with my life.

Here’s to getting on with my life and happy new year to everyone.

This video appears to have been removed

42yrs • F •
Hey parallelist, I remember you from whenever it was when you were here before. CC has been kinda quiet overall and even I wasn't really here because of personal reasons. This is actually my first post back in a long while so welcome back to both of us.

ps- I'm also living with my folks

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 38yrs • M •
Hi Dawn,

Thanks. Yeah it does seem a bit quiet around here. Why is that? I really like this forum and the policies.

I was going to respond to that thread you started about make-up but I ended up writing a massive essay about make-up. lol

I think I have a lot to say that I need to get out of my system and not all of it is coherent. It is always a struggle

42yrs • F •
A number of months back google changed something in their search algorithm and it basically affected us negatively, pushed us down in the search results, hence less people are finding their way here. Sucks, but it's just part of the way it goes with google.

What did you do with your makeup essay? If you've still got it maybe dedicate a new thread to it.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 38yrs • M •
I’ll be posting something in the next couple of days for sure. Probably not the make-up one though. It feels like there’s a big dam blocking the flow of a torrential river at the moment. I think that will change, slowly; might take a little while though.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoeCrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm pretty new so just seen this, the microwave vid was very moving
I think the best way to move forward is to put yourself out there, talk to people, make friends, it helps us to not be so insulated and inward looking.

38yrs • M •
Agree 100%. I have been starting to do that and it is helping.

It is strange because I’ve always been so independent and happy spending lots of time by myself in the past—bordering on misanthropic. Nowadays really only interacting with people that excites me.

I was thinking about my career in web development and I’ve come to the conclusion that I really want to move into project management because that has much more involvement with people. Programming computers definitely make you smarter but also encourages certain personality traits that I find rather ugly and sometimes even self-destructive.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoeCrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But you're aware of that and have control over how you behave.

Hello again
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy