Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Problem with knowledge.

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
JamesW is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Problem with knowledge.
I have very little interest in other peoples personal lives, some exceptions exist and that as well I have learned well.

The problem is I can not find something, any kind of knowledge that interests me anymore because everything I read, and hear and see, I know. I figure more then 90% of all my sensory stimulation, I already know, or know some degree of that information.

I myself find it very much a nuisance that I know so much. And yes I know it sounds absurd what I am saying, because no one can know everything, and I admit I do not know everything, but what I do not know is either something I never came in contact with or something that I simply find not important to my knowledge base.

I find myself in conversations in people and I just shut up almost all of the conversation, as I did before to learn things, but now I do it because I want to avoid people thinking I'm arrogant and think I know everything, which in part I am when I encounter very ignorant people that I can not stand there ignorance.

I have almost no life experience, which I find some people see as a way of determining intelligence, even myself I find older people more intelligent, but I find as well that life experience is such a slow things, so sadistic, its like moving at a negative speed in the knowledge lane. And simply I do not care to have life experience, I am happy with the things I know.

One of the other absurd things as well is that I think I have found an understanding of what God is, and it was through my pursuit of physics of our cosmos, and as well I think I have found an understanding of this universe, but I am very reluctant to give away my own theories as people are easily offended through them, and I acknowledge that I may as well be wrong, and I have a fear of being wrong and other people beside myself proving I'm wrong, I hate that.

So any suggestions of mental illness or something I should invest my curiosity in or anything that you feel you want to comment I want to hear it, as I feel much safer on the internet then having be seen by people I live with in a different light, because of these things I think of.

Thanks in advance.
Keywords: problem

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BHU is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It seems that the main problem with your "problem with knowledge" is communicating exactly what knowledge you possess.

Be brave.

Tell us what your understanding of God is.

29yrs • M •
JamesW is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It is not a simple matter. I can explain to you, but never since I have been part of this forum, and with every person for the last 3 years, up to a year ago, that I have tried to explain it to, have I succeeded.

Put simplistic, people just doesn't understand, and I find it a waste of my time, and the time of others to explain this concept, the concept itself is simple, but it took me the longest time of everything I've ever done to understand, and I doubt that ill make you understand.

I am sure you will still insist that I explain it, yet I would hope not to waste my time, and rather just get to the point of my problem being solved or atleast getting some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Problem with knowledge.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy